Couple of Questions about the game

1. How to defeat the kraken.
      My friends and I have encountered the kraken multiple times, and we either end up dying, or escaping. We don’t know to shoot it with guns or cannons, so we shoot it with guns. We eventually get overwhelmed and sink. Any tips?
    2. Completing the fotd(Especially the PvE aspect)
      From my personal experience, the shadow skeletons are so hard to kill. After taking damage pushing your way through them to get to the lantern, you shine the lantern and try to stun them. When stunned, trying to use the cutlass is pointless because they are already back to normal by the time you have charged up. The multiple colored skeletons are also a pain in the a$$. Also, any tips on the boss fight?
      Thanks for reading
      Kindest Regards-Timmy
    Views
  • @timmypokolop welcome to the seas!

For the Kraken, there are many helpful youtube videos on how to defeat them. Make sure to have a stocked ship. It is really easy once you get your aim down. You must take out the tentacles and learn of its patterns. Keep up that fight!

On the fort of the damned, be warned it is a beacon to others to fight you. Be prepared for anything. On the skeletons, you spam the sword after you lit them up and catch them at the doorway. Make them file through and just sword spam them. If they break in, run around with your light and go out the door to catch them funneling through again. The funnel method reduces their chance of getting behind you, reduces chances they can shoot you straight on.

Have fun on the seas!

• @timmypokolop said in Couple of Questions about the game:

1. How to defeat the kraken.

Use the cannons in your arms, always keep one of your crew members repairing and when he embraces, shoot the "head" closest to the boat. You can kill him easy this way.

1. Completing the fotd(Especially the PvE aspect)

Communicate with your crew to each pick up a lantern color from each horde of skeletons. There's no secret, use the lantern and kill them with the weapon of your choice.
    The Boss I usually blow powder kegs on him. When the powder kegs are gone, I shoot or hit with a sword. Some people often use cannons, but I don’t advise it because Fort of The Damned is a magnet for players who will try to steal your loot, so it’s good to be prepared for battle against them, saving cannonballs and resources.

• Kraken:

When you're fighting the Kraken, it is always a good idea to raise the sails, but never lower the anchor. Doing this will allow you to maneuver your ship so your cannons can hit the tentacles. You are going to want to shoot the tentacles with the cannons. Without doing this, it will take a very long time to do enough damage to kill it. If you're having trouble hitting the tentacles, I suggest aiming for the bottom of the tentacle because this part isn't moving as much.

Whenever you see a wind effect that is inside your character, this means that the Kraken is trying to suck you into one of her many tentacle mouths. When you see this effect, go below deck so that she cannot get you.

One of the most dangerous things that the Kraken can do is that one of her tentacles can wrap around your ship and possibly block the staircase to your lower decks, trapping your crew below or above the top deck. When this happens, do not attack this tentacle. Attacking the tentacle that is wrapped around the ship will have no affect on getting it off. Instead, there are two targets that you should be watching out for the moment this tentacle wraps around your ship.

1: You will see a tentacle come out of the water that will be right in front of your cannons. This tentacle will probably be waving around slightly more than usual. When you attack this tentacle, it could possibly go back underwater and come up on the other side of your ship.

2: Sometimes you will see the head of a kraken tentacle come up to rest on the deck of your ship. If you will attack this, it will also help get rid of the tentacle wrapped around your ship.

Attacking these targets will help get your ship free when the kraken wraps around your ship.

The last thing I can recommend for the Kraken is to have at least one person to always be below deck. This ensures that you have at least one person repairing holes and bailing water during attacks. This becomes especially useful if the kraken wraps around your ship, blocking your staircase. When this happens, the person below deck should strictly be repairing any hole that appears, and not bailing because the tentacle is blocking the way.

Fort of the Damned:

(I will be abbreviating this as FotD from now on)

So, Fort of the Damned is meant to be the most difficult PvPvE challenge the game has to offer. If you are new to the game, I highly recommend that you try to practice fighting the easier PvE threats such as normal forts, skeleton fleets, krakens, megalodons and normal voyages first. Also try to practice some PvP because even after a year of playing, I still sometimes have my FotD loot stolen from really good crews. If you are attempting FotD now, I recommend trying to find some experienced players to help you get through it for your first time.

When doing a FotD, it is almost always the smartest to do it in a galleon. This ensures that you have 3 people actually doing the FotD, and one person as lookout to guard the ship from borders and keep an eye on the horizon for other ships. Before you start I recommend that you stock up on as much supplies that you can get. I usually don't start a FotD until I have at least 200 cannonballs, 100 wood, 150 food, a rowboat and as much meat as you can find. This ensures that you are prepared for the skeletons, as well as any players who are looking to attack you.

When actually doing the FotD, the best strategy is to have each person in charge of one color of skeleton so that you aren't frantically changing colors in the middle of a fight. Whatever color you are in charge of, it is your responsibility to keep that skeleton able to be attacked at all times. Although the skeletons are stunned when you first pull out your lantern, it is never quick enough for you to kill them, so don't rely on this stun to kill them. In general, try to focus on the skeletons with guns first, as they are the most dangerous. If a sword skeleton is blocking your attacks, try using a sword lunge, or jumping and hitting them on the head.

For the final boss, the current popular strategy is to lead him down to the docks and try to kill him with your cannons. To get him to follow you down, you need to be out of his line of sight, so that he will try to move closer so he can actually shoot you. Once he is at the dock, just unload all your cannonballs onto him until he's dead. Although all of you will be on the ship firing cannons, the fourth person on lookout should not join in on the attack. This person should continue to look out for other ships because the rest of the crew is focused on the boss.

When you finish the fort and start to unload your ship, the lookout should continue to look out for other ships because other people could have been hiding behind an island waiting for you to complete the fort so they can take the loot for themselves. To ensure that you turn in as much loot as possible, I would recommend that you use this strategy that my crew and I came up with:

1. There are 2 teams, 2 people on the ship, and 2 people on the rowboat.
    2. Gunpowder barrels and reaper's bounties should be stored on the main ship.
    3. All other loot should be stored on the rowboat.
    4. Once all the loot has been loaded, the two people on the Galleon should go to Plunder Outpost, as this is the second closest outpost, and harder for thieves to predict where you are turning in loot.
    5. The 2 people on the rowboat should go north to Dagger Tooth Outpost. If the rowboat team doesn't know how to get to Dagger Tooth, here is a map they can use.

This method ensures that sees the reapers bounties on the map, only the dangerous loot will be on that ship, and most of the loot will be cashed in if the galleon sinks. If the galleon needs help with pvp, one person from the rowboat team can get a mermaid to go help the galleon.

Finally, I'd like to thank you for trying your best to improve your skills in the game, instead of asking the developers to make it easier. I've seen many people on the forums complain that some PvE threat is too difficult and Rare should just make it easier for them. Unlike them, you actively try to improve your skills, and we all appreciate that.

• @timmypokolop

1. Use cannonballs against the kraken. Each tentacle will need to take enough damage for that tentacle to retreat. The size of your ship determines how many tentacles need to be defeated. A galleon will have to fight off all eight tentacles while a solo sloop will only need to take out two, then the other six leave.
      Know its three attacks and if you deal with them correctly and have the supplies, you will win most kraken fights. When it tries to suck someone off the ship, hide below deck. Repair, refill food or ammo, wait it out. Do not go above deck until it stops. If it smacks your ship, repair quickly. When it wraps up your ship, use a cannon to shoot the head of that tentacle. Most of the time it will appear right in front of the cannons. It will move back and forth on each side of the ship as you do damage to it. Enough damage will cause it to let go.

2. When a wave of skeletons spawn, you want to be in the chamber looking at the lamps. Look at the floor directly below each lamp and the colors you need for that wave will have ghostly hands reaching out of the ground beneath them. You can have the correct colors ready before skeletons are on you. Hotkey your lantern for this battle. When you stun them with your lantern, use your blunderbuss point blank while aiming down your sight. Aiming actually reduces the spread. You can one shot most skeletons this way. I use a pistol as a back up just in case I don't one shot them with the blunderbuss. It quickly finishes them off better than the sword. If you are getting overwhelmed, stun them if you can and run. It's better to avoid a group of skeletons if you are having trouble, wait for them to go back into shadow form, then stun them again for the kill. You are faster than them and can easily put some distance between you and them to give you seconds to grab food or ammo, or even a new lantern color. I do a majority of the fort in the main chamber or the ring above it where the ammo box is. Run circles around the top to heal, reload, drop down to grab a color while they have to use the stairs, keeping space between them and me until I can stun them and blast one.

• youre going to want to shoot the kraken with cannons and bullets, and only go under deck to repair when needed, dont stay dont there.

• @timmypokolop

Kraken, just hit the guys who pop up close to the ship and immediately go into a curl to strike you.

FotD skellies are stronger than the Skellies that spawn on Athena voyages. 1.5x stronger than OoS OoS skellies and at least 2x as strong as random spawn skellies.

The skellie fights are approximate. Ymmv depending on your loadout

Views
6 out of 7