Brigantine way better than sloop.

• Took on the skeleton fleet solo in a sloop then a brigantine.

Its actually easier in the brigantine and its all to do with turn radius.

Full lock either left or right with all sails down either full left or right.

I find due to the wider turn radius i can manipulate the front sail to stay right in their blind spot whilst being able to pelt them.
    The sloop turns too good where you overturn and expose yourself to fire. The brig turns but just enough where you dont circle.eachother. You simply adjust your sails so they slide into your line of fire, whilst slowly lowering sails to stay out of theirs. Its just really convenient and easy. This is solo too.
    Storage crate on top of the cell grate between the cannons with cannonballs in and i dont even need to go below to reload.

Its official.
    Im unlikely to solo sloop again.
    I can do everything in the brig and even better.

Just goes to show. People dont need nerfs. They need practise and willingness to try something new.

Loving this ship now.

Views
  • Agreed... also the brig is the fastest ship in most cases. (Yeah, yeah, i know about the sloop being faster against the wind, and the galleon with wind and all the rest.)

But with a good experienced crew the brig is simply the fastest ship AND most versatile ship on the sea. (Also it can follow the sloop in shallow waters.)

• @ghostfire1981
    Speaking of the sloop against the wind...

I was being chased by a brig as i was in a sloop. Both of us had sails in horizontal for fastest speed.

The brigantine isnt that much slower.
    I ended up running out of map!

He was lucky i had no kegs but even so, I love the brig.

I sail it solo now. People are surprised to see me as a lone pirate but i think more people are sailing these solo too. :)

• You could also just sail by rocks to divide them and harpoon the ship and dump water on it that's leaking into your ship makes soloing on a sloop pretty easy

Views
1 out of 4