Isn't there a way to Type on XBox?

• I saw a few people talking about a way you could type text out while on XBox and controller. I can't remember how they said it worked. A lot of people didn't know about it.

Well, do YOU know how?

Views
  • @dislex-fx you can controller bind text chat and then use the virtual keyboard. its clunky as all hell

• @dislex-fx If you have the xbox app on your phone, you can use it to type.

• @dislex-fx In the Gameplay guides and Tips section I made a guide on how to set it up to work on your phone app like @testakleze said. It was about 3 weeks ago so you have to scroll down a bit. It's titled Text chatting on Xbox with your phone through Xbox app. The steps to bind it to your controller is the first part of it incase you don't have the app. So you can find out how to do that as @Captain-Coel said. Texting with the app is smoother though. Your basically texting the same as you would text from your phone. Hope it helps.

• @dislex-fx others said already about the keybind/smartphone thing...
    Also you can buy a chatpad for your controller, I've got that...

• @schwammlgott chat pad will not work with opt out though. just mentioning.

• Hey i never knew this was a thing. Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes i cant be bothered to talk and just wanna unwind but in SOT u gotta communicate in a crew. This will enable me to do both. Communicate but not needing to actually talk to people out loud :)

Dont need to small talk on text chat :)

• @dislex-fx I have text chat binded to my controller and when the virtual keyboard pops up I can type with my actual keyboard that's attached to Xbox. Works on both opt out and crossplay.

• @captain-coel sagte in Isn't there a way to Type on XBox?:

@schwammlgott chat pad will not work with opt out though. just mentioning.

Yeah, just realized yesterday, as I joined a friend...one more reason for me to not opt out

• This is no longer working for me. It worked for a couple of months but now the qwerty keyboard does not pop up on my mobile app. I have to manually type each letter.

• Just go in to settings in sea of thieves tap on the controller tab for the buttons and stuff and scroll down a bit and you’ll find a setting that say text chat or something and you bind that to whatever you want

Views
1 out of 11