Aimbot in Sea of Thieves

• Hi,

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to record the name of those persons, but my crew and I were going to the Hideout to sell our chests and we encountered 2 sloops. Both were camping the area in a team (without alliance flag), but they were impossible to kill. At least one crew out of two. One guy was invincible when climbing our ladder and one guy was having a Aimbot. He never missed a shot even if we were running, turning, moving left and right or even jumping. He killed everyone without missing a single shot. Because of that we died, we sank and we lost lot of chests.

Rare need to address that ASAP. [mod edit]

Views
  • Were you on a Xbox server or crossplay? If they were using macros it sounds totally different then a double gun. The other thing with them not dying they might of been eating pineapples or easily cooked up some fish.

• @nic727 If you were on a PC server, it's possible it was an Aimbot. It's also possible it was someone very skilled. You not able to kill someone could have come down to server lag, or even hit registration. I've had experienced of hitting someone with a sword a dozen times before they even realized I was hitting them.

If you were on a console only server, then it could have been one of the 3rd party pieces of hardware which can have scripts similar to aimbots, or again, someone highly skilled / server lag / hit registration.

Unfortunately, without video evidence it's a bit hard to judge. Even with video evidence sometimes it's a bit hard to judge. I would submit a report/ticket with Rare if you have the gamertags so that they can investigate.

• Record last xxxxx minutes.
    Submit a support ticket.

Unfortunately, viddy or it didn't happen.

• @pithyrumble a dit dans Aimbot in Sea of Thieves :

Record last xxxxx minutes.
    Submit a support ticket.

I know... I recorded something, but we don’t see the gamertag and I was already half dead in the water when he hit me from his moving ship.

Not a good video... But yes we were on a crossplay server and yes everyone in my crew assumed the guy was using a aimbot. Even if he was on PC, he never missed one shot in all our encounter.

• @nic727 I mean, you can hear him/her miss a shot when you sword lunged over from the island so he definitely didn't hit 100% of his/her shots, and hitting someone that's behind your ship swimming towards your ship isn't hard

• @nic727 said in Aimbot in Sea of Thieves:

@pithyrumble a dit dans Aimbot in Sea of Thieves :

Record last xxxxx minutes.
    Submit a support ticket.

I know... I recorded something, but we don’t see the gamertag and I was already half dead in the water when he hit me from his moving ship.

Not a good video... But yes we were on a crossplay server and yes everyone in my crew assumed the guy was using a aimbot. Even if he was on PC, he never missed one shot in all our encounter.

Dont be silly just like all the pc players say aimbots not real!

Funny how it never happens on opt out tho. How strange.

• That was not an impossible shot to make on xbox or pc

• @princessasuna96 You're assuming console players cant use an aimbot with 3rd party hardware easily purchased at a local store. LoL!

• @nic727 Sorry man, but that video doesn't show anything fishy at all. Anyone could easily pull off that shot, you were basically holding still in the water.

• @nic727

Since the option to disable crossplay i've already encountered 2 cheaters. One crew which i managed to catch on my recording. One had both Swim speed hack and Aimlock while the other at the very least had Aimlock or WH too.

I can really see this game dying completely on the PC scene in a few months.

• I never miss. It does not mean I am using an aim-bot. I make shots so amazing, that sometimes I am have to congratulate myself.

That said, there are hackers and hacks available for Sea of Thieves, so it is entirely possible.

• @nic727 my last night on a crossplay server this happened to me also, don't listen to these guys that will tell you "there just skilled players" even skilled players miss shots. since I went over to Xbox only its been far better.

• @nic727 Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

NEVER:

- Cheat or hack. We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of in-game hacking or cheating, and transgression can result in a permanent ban. Data-mined content is also prohibited from our channels as it can ruin future game updates for players who have no wish to be exposed to incomplete or out-of-context information.

This includes discussion of cheats/hacks and where/how to find them.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game or suspect foul play, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

Views
1 out of 14