Noble Pathfinder Sails being removed on Wednesday 15th

• Just a heads up for anyone thinking about buying the Noble Pathfinder Sails to support the Special Effect charity, they're going to be removed from the store on Wednesday...

Honestly, I think this is a bad move (assuming it's a Rare decision and not Special Effect), the charity sails/items should remain in the game longer than one update.

I don't recall (and can't check as I'm in work) if they were even marked as Time-Limited in the Emporium?

Views
  • @realstyli said in Noble Pathfinder Sails being removed on Wednesday 15th:

...charity sails/items should remain in the game longer than one update.

I agree.

• @realstyli I agree completely - but I suppose the problem is, if they have any plans to introduce a set for a different charity, it might be a bit weird to have two or more different charities "competing" for sales.

Especially based off different Rare designs.

If that is their reason/plan, hopefully they intend to cycle back through the different charities/sails; that would be the ideal fix as far as I can reason it out.

• @johnnykappow

Maybe you're right, it would potentially take away from any new ones they add. I agree they should cycle through charities... and there should always be at least one available.

I guess we'll wait and see what they do on Wednesday then.

• @realstyli you could just check ;)

• If it's cycling through charities so that you're not forcing them to compete against one another that makes perfect sense.

Nobody wants to by trying to choose between two good causes.

Charity isn't just for Christmas though. I do hope that they keep stuff available to support good causes going forward.

Rare - the environments in this game are beautiful, the evironment on our actual planet is under threat, I personally feel that something maybe for the Bushfires or to support the environment in general would be a great fit.

• @crude-jc-gamer said in Noble Pathfinder Sails being removed on Wednesday 15th:

@realstyli you could just check ;)

I could... and maybe I have since my initial posting... but I cannot confirm or deny that for obvious reasons

EDIT: However, what I can confirm is that it does not say they are Time-Limited in the Emporium.

I can get behind them swapping out the sails, as others have pointed out the benefits, but they do need to be marked as Time-Limited in that case.

• Maybe Rare wants to support multiple good causes or organisations...If Rare would keep them all on one page and a new Pirate takes a look after a few months on this page , then he or she may become a bit scared away from the combined prizes of all the charities together.

• @clumsy-george said in Noble Pathfinder Sails being removed on Wednesday 15th:

Maybe Rare wants to support multiple good causes or organisations...If Rare would keep them all on one page and a new Pirate takes a look after a few months on this page , then he or she may become a bit scared away from the combined prizes of all the charities together.

Yep, I can completely understand that, and that is a fair enough point that others have also made.

My OP was based on just the sails being removed and not knowing for sure if there would be a replacement - as I believe there should always be at least one charity represented. We'll have to wait until Wednesday to know for sure ;)

• I always wondered how the most active of the player base has money to give when they spend most of their day in-game. But hey that's Rare's targeted market.

• @itsyaboyd4890 said in Noble Pathfinder Sails being removed on Wednesday 15th:

I always wondered how the most active of the player base has money to give when they spend most of their day in-game. But hey that's Rare's targeted market.

Well, my criminal empire more or less runs itself these days. I'm more of a figurehead or Godfather really.

• Okay, well, I am officially disappointed now... there is no replacement for the sails and there is no way to support charity in this build.

I'm sure there must be business reasons for this, but it is a shame nonetheless

EDIT: Probably a bit late for them to announce it, I don't know, but it would be nice if even a percentage from sales of the Kameo ship set went to the StopTheFire or some other charity currently helping the efforts to save wildlife from the bushfires in Australia. Given it's elemental and nature theme, I think that would be very fitting.

Views
1 out of 12