The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.

• The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper. I am a very experience solo slooper and have fought off kraken + skele ships in the past. Not sure why but the Galleon skele ship spawned on me in the Roar and wrecked me.

Views
  • @garrzllla did it spawn on you, or did you just aggro one sailing around?

• Just kill it, I've taken on the skelly fleet solo.

• @garrzllla that shouldn't happen. Skelleons are only supposed to spawn on brigs and galleons. Skelly sloops spawn on sloops and brigs.

• @garrzllla

Galleon skeleton ships are really not an issue on a sloop. Fleet battles are one of the best things to do.

The game already became easier by having sloop skeleton ships being the main ones, but this changed recently.

Consider how did they sink you, what could you have done to avoid that and learn from the experience. #BeMorePirate

• I thought they patched it where it doesnt anymore.
    Although i dont mind them on a sloop they’re pretty easy to kill.

Could of been a glitch maybe.

• @garrzllla I doubt you are a very experienced solo slooper if you are having problems with a skalleon. But anyways they really aren't that bad, as long as you have supplies and know what you are doing they are quite easy. In order to beat them I would go to the nearest island, raise sails, then fire at them every time they come around. In the time it takes for them to circle the large islands you can have your ship fully repaired. Skeleton forts work very well for this as you can shoot them at all times but they cannot shoot you at all times. Fire is also very effective against them. The skeleton sloops are honestly too easy and need a buff, so if the galleons can start spawning on sloops now then I am personally quite excited. I thought that only sloops could spawn on you now.

• @jofjjay Great advice.
    Ive started doing this and found much more success than engaging in open waters. Had only id of known of this sooner 😁

Its the way i kill them on a solo Brigantine too.

• I hope they spawn on sloops again.. those sloop skele ships are pathetic 🤣

• Shouldn’t be solo’n a multiplayer game.

What there supposed to design and balance the entire game for those of you who refuse to play it the way it was intended?

• @x5h3ar3rx said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

I hope they spawn on sloops again.. those sloop skele ships are pathetic 🤣

Agreed, there is no challenge whatsoever.
    They need to revert all the PvE challenge changes so sloops have to fight harder against the Kraken, actually have the Megalodon pose a threat instead of just putting one silly hole in a ship from a bit. And skeleton galleons need to continue to spawn as they ALWAYS did until the skeleton sloop was introduced.

Rare needs to seriously stop catering to casuals that cry out for easy mode, when playing Hard Mode.

• @crazed-corsair said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

@x5h3ar3rx said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

I hope they spawn on sloops again.. those sloop skele ships are pathetic 🤣

Agreed, there is no challenge whatsoever.
    They need to revert all the PvE challenge changes so sloops have to fight harder against the Kraken, actually have the Megalodon pose a threat instead of just putting one silly hole in a ship from a bit. And skeleton galleons need to continue to spawn as they ALWAYS did until the skeleton sloop was introduced.

Rare needs to seriously stop catering to casuals that cry out for easy mode, when playing Hard Mode.

100% to everything said here!! clap clap clap

• @jofjjay Good tip, I will try it next time!

• Anchorball followed by ballast ball. Unload your 10 remaining cannons into it & viola...

I solo skeleton fleets regularly. While other crews try to attack me also.....we arent gonna nerf the game to suit your personal wishes.

• @admiral-greyjoy said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

ballast ball.

Skellys don't ever bucket water, so a well timed Ballastball is the bane of their existence.

*EDIT also, if you get into a situation where a skelly ship rams you, bucket water from your own ship onto theirs. They hate this too.

• @GARRZlLLA

Skeleton galleons only ambiently spawn on galleons. Similarly, sloops can only get skeleton sloops (brigantines can get either one). You only would've gotten attacked by a skeleton ship if it tried to spawn on another ship, which got inland and was close enough to you to spawn it on you instead, or if you sailed into the skeleton fleet, which does have a Devil's Roar location.

• @bactatankbill said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

@admiral-greyjoy said in The Galleon Skele Ship SHOUD'NT spawn on a solo slooper.:

ballast ball.

Skellys don't ever bucket water, so a well timed Ballastball is the bane of their existence.

*EDIT also, if you get into a situation where a skelly ship rams you, bucket water from your own ship onto theirs. They hate this too.

I've never noticed any effect when bucketing onto a skelly ship. Sloop or Galleon. Maybe I'm missing??

• @pithyrumble

Buckets from the ocean do little, but they do work. You can climb aboard, throw one on, jump off of the bow, grab a bucket and the ladder, and repeat the process. Full buckets from the ship do a lot more. You'll notice it with player ships, too - you can take a lot more out per bucket than you can put in, but the source is all that matters, not the destination.

• @ultmateragnarok

Yeah, I've done the whole repair all but one hole thing. We harpooned it's back quarter and got right up next to it, tossing buckets onto the back (sloop v sloop) into the cabin area under the canvas. Was I tossing against a wall essentially?

Long story short, my kid got bored, grabbed a keg and jumped over 🤷🏽‍♀️

• @pithyrumble

If you only have one hole on a sloop (the slowest sinking ship), and are bucketing as fast as possible, it won't do too much. If you let the water build up to perhaps a quarter of the full deck, you would notice a lot more on the skeleton ship. Kegs work a bit better, if you have one to spare, but if you need it and have the planks, rubbing the skeleton ship works. Even without bucketing, they'll repeatedly take small holes and get damaged.

• @admiral-greyjoy Actually, it's better if you save the ballastball for last. If you fire the regular cannonballs 1st, the ship will have a lot of holes that allow for more water to flood in once you fire the ballastball. If you fire the CCB 1st, the effect will run out long before you get enough hits on it. I've used this technique to full affect by firing at the upper decks of 2 player galleons and sinking both in under 10 seconds.

Also, cursed galleons no longer spawn on sloops.

• @galactic-geek

Skeletons repair top deck holes on galleons, so might as well get as much as you can out of them. Players don't tend to prioritize top deck damage until after the battle (if at all), which is why it's so commonly their undoing. A single ballastball often sinks a galleon, skeleton or player, after a gunpowder keg.

• I was playing this afternoon and I had one spawn on me while I was sailing towards and outpost

• @supershad0wher0 Hello! Make sure we aren't reviving old threads as according to Forum Rules.

Have a good one!

Views
1 out of 24