SWAB THE DECK

• There should be a mop as a tool and the boat should get slippery and you gotta swab the deck to make it able to walk without sliding all over the place

Views
  • In real life, swabbing the deck is done to keep moss and mold from growing on a wooden deck, and also to keep the planks swelled up, so there's little room for water to get into the lower decks.

What exactly might make a deck slippery? If anything it might become slippery right after swabbing it.

The only thing I can think of would be if someone vomited (or threw vomit) on the deck, you'd have a permanent puddle until you swabbed it. But even then it would happen so rarely and have so little impact on gameplay, it'd be more of a touch of additional realism, rather than a negative thing needing to be counteracted by performing an action like swabbing with a unique tool (mop).

Judging by how this game plays, I'd imagine the slipperiness would be more like a platformer ice level, rather than something like falling on your back or overboard. Which if anything might even allow players to come up with clever ways to use it to their advantage during combat and stuff, so they'd purposefully vomit and not mop it up.

P.S. We're pirates, not sailors. We don't brush our teeth, we don't wash ourselves, we get the scurvy. I hardly think any pirate would bother cleaning their ship.

• As much as i appreciate the thought behind it, i think adding more tasks would just make solo very tedious.
    I know its a crew based game but solo although HARD mode, is still viable. These extra tasks would suck the enjoyment out of that experience and theres a large solo community.

I propose a compromise....

Perhaps swab the deck to get rid of ink following a kracken attack?
    Or leave it on to make your ship look cool.
    “Check this guys ship! Ink all over, hes fought a kracken!”

• @daringclarky said in SWAB THE DECK:

As much as i appreciate the thought behind it, i think adding more tasks would just make solo very tedious.
    I know its a crew based game but solo although HARD mode, is still viable. These extra tasks would suck the enjoyment out of that experience and theres a large solo community.

I propose a compromise....

Perhaps swab the deck to get rid of ink following a kracken attack?
    Or leave it on to make your ship look cool.
    “Check this guys ship! Ink all over, hes fought a kracken!”

That would literally be tattoos for ships. xD

"Nice ink".

• @josiah4294 Exactly!

Could work for megalodon blood too.
    The megs have blood same as their colour..
    So one day you’ll see a ship with illumine-sent white blood on the ship and you will see them avoiding every storm so the rain doesnt wash it off 😂

• @daringclarky said in SWAB THE DECK:

@josiah4294 Exactly!

Could work for megalodon blood too.
    The megs have blood same as their colour..
    So one day you’ll see a ship with illumine-sent white blood on the ship and you will see them avoiding every storm so the rain doesnt wash it off 😂

Did you say, white blood? As in, from a white shark?👀

• @travis-gornicke my mate there is an emote for that but I still like the idea

Views
1 out of 7