Another crossplay discussion

• This new update really cements the need for optional crossplay in adventure. We were promised it back in May, what's taking so long? And before anyone tells me to just get better at the game, I really don't feel like I should be playing out my skin just to keep up with PC!! Not really a point to this just hope the devs get back to us soon with a date or an update!!

Views
  • Second verse, same as the first. =P

• @ said in Another crossplay discussion:

Second verse, same as the first. =P

Pretty much lol after being repeatedly spawn killed from a average PC player, I felt the need for a rant XD also I felt the time was right for a load of pc players to chime in about made up advantages

• @staceyxsx said in Another crossplay discussion:

I felt the need for a rant XD also I felt the time was right for a load of pc players to chime in about made up advantages

So, baiting then?

• @staceyxsx

I think I've been spawn-killed.... once, maybe twice. Generally because if I die on my ship, I don't bother going back.

Personally, I'd be a bit sad knowing there's a group of players I'd have no chance of meeting because they're opting out of crossplay. Still, I suppose it's easier for me since I don't have to worry about any advantage another player might have over my XBox and controller.

I'd rather Adventure stayed as is, but I'll leave that for Rare to decide.

• @bloodybil said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx said in Another crossplay discussion:

I felt the need for a rant XD also I felt the time was right for a load of pc players to chime in about made up advantages

So, baiting then?

Not baiting just stating the obvious :)

• It's Keyboard & Mouse v Controller.. nothing to do with PC players.. When I played on console I was called on many occasions "A PC cheater" It's just the first excuse you hear from bad losers.. it's a shame the community is so divided

• @ said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx

I think I've been spawn-killed.... once, maybe twice. Generally because if I die on my ship, I don't bother going back.

Personally, I'd be a bit sad knowing there's a group of players I'd have no chance of meeting because they're opting out of crossplay. Still, I suppose it's easier for me since I don't have to worry about any advantage another player might have over my XBox and controller.

I'd rather Adventure stayed as is, but I'll leave that for Rare to decide.

Ugh I know but I feel if we just sit back and accept it nothing will ever get done! This game is so fun and I love playing with PC players just unfortunate some people use their advantages for trolling and toxicity :( ruins it for everyone because xbox will get sick of it and the seas will get split

• @x5h3ar3rx said in Another crossplay discussion:

It's Keyboard & Mouse v Controller.. nothing to do with PC players.. When I played on console I was called on many occasions "A PC cheater" It's just the first excuse you hear from bad losers.. it's a shame the community is so divided

It's console players with controllers. That's how the announced they option anyway. The crazy accuracy I can deal with, the higher fps and quicker load times is a whole other story. I don't automatically assume everyone better than me is pc, I have my suspicions and it's easy to check

@x5h3ar3rx said in Another crossplay discussion:

It's Keyboard & Mouse v Controller.. nothing to do with PC players.. When I played on console I was called on many occasions "A PC cheater" It's just the first excuse you hear from bad losers.. it's a shame the community is so divided

It's console players with controllers. That's how the announced they option anyway. The crazy accuracy I can deal with, the higher fps and quicker load times is a whole other story. I don't automatically assume everyone better than me is pc, I have my suspicions and it's easy to check

I hear you buddy I really do.. I've played this game since release, I started on console and moved to PC recently and I still use a controller and not once to this day have I ever felt I lost a battle because I'm using a controller or I was on console.. I lost because I got outnumbered or I made a mistake or got outplayed.. for faster load times try using an SSD it can improve load times.. try using Keyboard & Mouse if you feel at a disadvantage.. I hope at least we can all be civil and enjoy this truly amazing game..

I hear you buddy I really do.. I've played this game since release, I started on console and moved to PC recently and I still use a controller and not once to this day have I ever felt I lost a battle because I'm using a controller or I was on console.. I lost because I got outnumbered or I made a mistake or got outplayed.. for faster load times try using an SSD it can improve load times.. try using Keyboard & Mouse if you feel at a disadvantage.. I hope at least we can all be civil and enjoy this truly amazing game..

Thank you :) I am seriously considering m&k because I love the game and really want to continue playing just feels like I would have to relearn all over again! I do feel at a disadvantage constantly and have had pc crew mates demonstrate all the things they can do that xbox can't! I will have to put some thought into an ssd and debate whether it's worth it! Thank you for the suggestions :)

Thank you :) I am seriously considering m&k because I love the game and really want to continue playing just feels like I would have to relearn all over again! I do feel at a disadvantage constantly and have had pc crew mates demonstrate all the things they can do that xbox can't! I will have to put some thought into an ssd and debate whether it's worth it! Thank you for the suggestions :)

No problem.. You really shouldn't feel at being at a disadvantage.. those things they are showing you you can do on controller too.. there are a few broken issues in this game 100% feel free to add me and maybe I can show you how good controller can be.. maybe teach you something too 🤫

No problem.. You really shouldn't feel at being at a disadvantage.. those things they are showing you you can do on controller too.. there are a few broken issues in this game 100% feel free to add me and maybe I can show you how good controller can be.. maybe teach you something too 🤫

Thank you haha I've been playing since launch, I'm in no way bad at the game can usually outplay people with knowledge but having a pc player camping on my ship already hitting shots into me before I've came out my black screen is so disheartening! Defo need to look into a ssd!! I will give you an add thanks :) hopefully you can teach me better ways to use my controller lol thanks again for the advice

Thank you haha I've been playing since launch, I'm in no way bad at the game can usually outplay people with knowledge but having a pc player camping on my ship already hitting shots into me before I've came out my black screen is so disheartening! Defo need to look into a ssd!! I will give you an add thanks :) hopefully you can teach me better ways to use my controller lol thanks again for the advice

Haha awesome! Hey.. maybe you can even teach me a thing or too.. but I do have some "techniques" I can share but not on the forums 😅

See you on the seas 💁‍♂️

Haha awesome! Hey.. maybe you can even teach me a thing or too.. but I do have some "techniques" I can share but not on the forums 😅

See you on the seas 💁‍♂️

Nice see you on the seas matey :) thanks again

@bloodybil said in Another crossplay discussion:

So, baiting then?

You might have missed the same threads covering the same topic.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101509/it-s-time-in-the-next-developer-update-to-talk-about-cross-play

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101608/give-crossplay-opt-out-option-in-the-game

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101445/suggestion-actually-implement-cross-play-opt-out?page=1

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101156/please-add-true-optional-crossplay-i-can-t-enjoy-the-game-at-the-moment?page=1

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101591/developer-update-30th-of-jan?page=1

Just to list a few discussed in the last day. All pointing out the same arguments, same complaints and same demands.

So yeah, kinda feels like baiting at this point.

@bloodybil said in Another crossplay discussion:

So, baiting then?

You might have missed the same threads covering the same topic.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101509/it-s-time-in-the-next-developer-update-to-talk-about-cross-play

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101608/give-crossplay-opt-out-option-in-the-game

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101445/suggestion-actually-implement-cross-play-opt-out?page=1

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101156/please-add-true-optional-crossplay-i-can-t-enjoy-the-game-at-the-moment?page=1

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/101591/developer-update-30th-of-jan?page=1

Just to list a few discussed in the last day. All pointing out the same arguments, same complaints and same demands.

So yeah, kinda feels like baiting at this point.

Nope I've seen the posts, tried to post in the mega thread, it's been closed but thanks. It's not arguments and demands. I've posted my opinion other people have came back with decent suggestions, is that not how a forum should work? Maybe the complaints will continue to be the same until Rare takes notice of them? I wasn't aware we were no longer allowed to discuss crossplay! Is every single post where someone gets annoyed and others disagree also considered baiting? I said I felt the time is right for PC players to post about made up advantages as a joke don't take it so literally :)

Nope I've seen the posts, tried to post in the mega thread, it's been closed but thanks.

I'm not talking about the megathread, I'm talking about the recent threads I posted, in which you didn't try to take part, no?

It's not arguments and demands. I've posted my opinion other people have came back with decent suggestions, is that not how a forum should work?

I must be mistaken, you seem to demand answers as if Rare had been dead silent on the issue, considering the first iteration of the opt-out has literally been released last month. They confirmed they would be working on it for adventure as well (as mentioned in one of the posts).

Maybe the complaints will continue to be the same until Rare takes notice of them? I wasn't aware we were no longer allowed to discuss crossplay! Is every single post where someone gets annoyed and others disagree also considered baiting?

Oh I see, instead of arguing in a single or couple of threads, every single person in favor of crossplay should each post a thread as well to make sure Rare hears our voices properly too. Or would that be considered duplicating threads when not agreed with?

I said I felt the time is right for PC players to post about made up advantages as a joke don't take it so literally :)

Not posting about advantages, simply pointing out how there is a bunch of threads existing in the front page discussing this exact topic already :)

This new update really cements the need for optional crossplay in adventure. We were promised it back in May, what's taking so long? And before anyone tells me to just get better at the game, I really don't feel like I should be playing out my skin just to keep up with PC!! Not really a point to this just hope the devs get back to us soon with a date or an update!!

alt text

Nope I've seen the posts, tried to post in the mega thread, it's been closed but thanks.

I'm not talking about the megathread, I'm talking about the recent threads I posted, in which you didn't try to take part, no?

It's not arguments and demands. I've posted my opinion other people have came back with decent suggestions, is that not how a forum should work?

I must be mistaken, you seem to demand answers as if Rare had been dead silent on the issue, considering the first iteration of the opt-out has literally been released last month. They confirmed they would be working on it for adventure as well (as mentioned in one of the posts).

Maybe the complaints will continue to be the same until Rare takes notice of them? I wasn't aware we were no longer allowed to discuss crossplay! Is every single post where someone gets annoyed and others disagree also considered baiting?

Oh I see, instead of arguing in a single or couple of threads, every single person in favor of crossplay should each post a thread as well to make sure Rare hears our voices properly too. Or would that be considered duplicating threads when not agreed with?

I said I felt the time is right for PC players to post about made up advantages as a joke don't take it so literally :)

Not posting about advantages, simply pointing out how there is a bunch of threads existing in the front page discussing this exact topic already :)

Since you like to break everything down here goes:

So your implying I should read through all recent threads before I post just to make sure noone has brought up the same thing I have? Who has time for that?

I must be mistaken, you seem to demand answers as if Rare had been dead silent on the issue

Venting frustration isn't making demands. Arena has been given the option you are correct which is why I'm specifically talking about an update on adventure as that's the mode I would like to see it in. Reiterating information I already have isn't constructive.

Please tell me you see the irony in the only person to argue in this thread is you.. to then post your sick of threads about people arguing the same point😁

Each and every person has a right to start a discussion on whatever they please! As long as everyone is an adult and respectful to each other why does it matter if its been posted before? If your sick of seeing it why not scroll by rather than taking the time to join a discussion in something you no longer wish to discuss?

@troubled-cells said in Another crossplay discussion:

This new update really cements the need for optional crossplay in adventure. We were promised it back in May, what's taking so long? And before anyone tells me to just get better at the game, I really don't feel like I should be playing out my skin just to keep up with PC!! Not really a point to this just hope the devs get back to us soon with a date or an update!!

alt text

😁😁 Your bored of hearing it well believe me we are bored of playing with it

Then go play something else.

everyone wins.

• @troubled-cells said in Another crossplay discussion:

alt text

everyone wins.

No I don't think I will, I'll continue playing a game I love but thank you for your constructive input

alt text

everyone wins.

No I don't think I will, I'll continue playing a game I love but thank you for your constructive imput

I mean as long as "boredom" is your thing then enjoy i guess lol

alt text

everyone wins.

No I don't think I will, I'll continue playing a game I love but thank you for your constructive imput

If your going to quote something please use in the correct context😐

alt text

everyone wins.

i have i just dont think you understood mine lol

alt text

everyone wins.

Well to reiterate I'm not bored of the game I'm bored of no updates on the issue😁 I'm not going to reply now, you have nothing constructive or informative to say other than stop playing

alt text

everyone wins.

Well to reiterate I'm not bored of the game I'm bored of no updates on the issue😁 I'm not going to reply now, you have nothing constructive or informative to say other than stop playing

so i was right, thanks.

alt text

everyone wins.

so i was right, thanks.

Guess so. Me wishing not to reply to you must mean your points are valid and you are correct🙃 congratulations you've won the forum

alt text

everyone wins.

so i was right, thanks.

Guess so. Me wishing not to relply to you must mean your points are valid and you are correct🙃 congratulations you've won the forum

alt text

• Im sure your thread will be the one making Rare add it to adventure!

• @itz-majman said in Another crossplay discussion:

Im sure your thread will be the one making Rare add it to adventure!

Nope just mearly voicing my opinion in the need for an update 😁

• @staceyxsx

Your opinion just brings negativity to the forum, not really needed. Im sure Rare has seen this "suggestion" plenty of times already and spam-making these kind of threads wont do a thing.

• @itz-majman said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx

Your opinion just brings negativity to the forum, not really needed. Im sure Rare has seen this "suggestion" plenty of times already and spam-making these kind of threads wont do a thing.

Have you read this forum 90% of it is negative feedback😂 I opened a thread on something I wished to discuss is there a rule against that? If you don't wish to discuss it then don't? Why is it because you don't agree its considered a waste of time and negative? Can't we just agree to disagree on the issue?

Views
1 out of 649