Any chance of PVE server? ... still?

• I was playing this game last year until i realize you cant play this game without skilled players that are hard to find randomly... i wont go details about this.

Its not fun for me to give all my stuff i collected alone to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy... (Dont tell me "its fun", you might have fun but i dont)

Still no changes? for people wants to play solo? not even a hope about PVE server for people who enjoy adventure without killed and robbed by others?

NO?

Well then... nothing more to say... if the game stays like this, i wont play... even i enjoyed at first few days i wont play...

And a note : Dont care your wise advices(!) like "its a pirate game noob"

Views
  • @sinbuxg said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

Still no changes? for people wants to play solo? not even a hope about PVE server for people who enjoy adventure without killed and robbed by others?

alt text

Conqueror of threads out.

• @heavyreaper102 said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@sinbuxg said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

alt text

"Its not fun for me to give all my stuff i collected ALONE!!!!! to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy... (Dont tell me "its fun", you might have fun but i dont)"

Read the sentence above and tell me what you understand from it.

• Lets break this down....

I was playing this game last year until i realize you cant play this game without skilled players that are hard to find randomly... i wont go details about this.

Their is a myriad of tools to find people in this game with like minded goals. XBox LFG, SoT Official Discord, and the thousands of player made groups. The tools are out there, you just need to use them.

Its not fun for me to give all my stuff i collected alone to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy... (Dont tell me "its fun", you might have fun but i dont)

Stealing is fun, not everyone can be the winner, no one but you forces you to play solo. Once again use the tools you refuse to use.

Take things into perspective, you purchased a multiplayer sandbox game. You come here making demands to cater to the opposite of that.The idea that people purchase this game only to complain about the most prominent feature of it is ludicrous to most of us. You aren't the target demographic that enjoys this, so this "do this or I walk," attitude is to put it bluntly stupid.

I will say it, this is a pirate game, and you want to remove piracy. Take a step back and realize how dumb that is.

@heavyreaper102 said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

alt text

"Its not fun for me to give all my stuff i collected ALONE!!!!! to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy... (Dont tell me "its fun", you might have fun but i dont)"

I read all of your post. You got pirated in the sea of thieves. Either enjoy the shared world, or go play assassin's creed 4. Ecks Dee.

• To follow up on my last comment, stealing is exciting. I stole and turned in 60k worth of loot from two separate sloops last night and it was the most fun I've ever had playing this game. At the same time, I've also lost hauls to other crews countless times. I don't shift the blame to them, I understand they were being pirates and that I got bettered. You just have to play harder and become the better one next time.

alt text

Dont give your stuff away. I have sailed plenty solo and I don't give my stuff away to any Galleons. Maybe dont play the harder mode to the game until you acquire the proper skills? Thats the most fun part about the game. Being attacked and overcoming. know your ship in and out and how it functions and I guarantee you will never be caught or stolen from by anyone.

• @sinbuxg

Some kind of private servers are on the horizon. But we haven't been told anymore information than that so far..

• @sinbuxg apart from all the wise info my forum mates have stated, you say its impossible for a solo player to, outrun, outplay or even sink larger crews...

Beardageddon, Krotuk, Captain Falcore and Pace22 will all dissagree with you, just to call out a few prominent players some of which play alone and pvp 99% of the time.

I am not such a prominent name but i wont run from a fight nomatter how much larger the opposing crew is.

• Ok guys...
    Why are you trying to convince me about playing game as its fun... you should have fun...
    As i said i dont like "give all my stuff i collected alone to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy..." as i mentioned on my topic post...

I dont need help about how to play the game or understanding game mechanics.. I have my own brain and i trust mine more than yours...

I am just saying i am not enjoying the game as its right now... i posted on advices for RARE crew somehow, if they recognize a miracle happens and they relize some players wants the game like this.... Why are you players; struggle to tell me "i am wrong" ?

I wanted to tell my thougts, i didnt asked help from any of you.
    If you want to share your thoughts, then go ahead... but dont judge me because i dont like the curent game state and giving advices about how i prefer to play...

As i mentioned on topic post i dont play the game right now... but if the game changes the way i enjoy i will...

not even a hope about PVE server for people who enjoy adventure without killed and robbed by others?

Ok guys...
    Why are you trying to convince me about playing game as its fun... you should have fun...
    As i said i dont like "give all my stuff i collected alone to random 4x galleon player who decided, stealing from others much more easy..." as i mentioned on my topic post...

OK. So tell me, when you're in you're own little PvE server and you get killed by a Skeleton Galleon and lose all of your loot, how is that going to be any different?

Will you then make a post asking them to remove those too? How about if you get sunk by a Kraken? Shall we remove that too?

Where does it end?

• @sinbuxg I hate to tell you but "THE CURRENT GAME STATE" has been here for a year and a half. It has never changed from the start. Why do you think it would change? Players either learn from their mistakes or they leave just like any other game. Sometimes they come back just to find out they didn't like it before and still don't.

• 4 player on a galleon playing against skeleton ships would be fun... A pve server would be fun actualy...
    Still you are judging me.... :)
    you just give 0 effort understanding what i say...

4 player on a galleon playing against skeleton ships would be fun... A pve server would be fun actualy...
    you just give 0 effort undertanding what i say...

Why should we give effort? You give no effort providing "feedback" or whatever you call it, everything you said is whats on every other PVE post I see. This brings zero tangible "feedback."

• A PVE server with more competetive pve elements who enjoy team work against the dangers at ocean would be fun...
    or for players just to get some treasures and enjoy treasure hunting without enemy player stress.. or geting robbed... would be fun too.

i just want to sit on my couch and enjoy the game.. if i enjoy geting killed any second from nowhere there are battle royal games which i HATE...

Even some of you strugle to understand; there are players who dont like PVP.

• @heavyreaper102 said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

4 player on a galleon playing against skeleton ships would be fun... A pve server would be fun actualy...
    you just give 0 effort undertanding what i say...

Why should we give effort? You give no effort providing "feedback" or whatever you call it, everything you said is whats on every other PVE post I see. This brings zero tangible "feedback."

well.... you can just stop posting nonsence messages on posts you dont care.. that might be solution for you.

alt text

So you choose to play by yourself, and don't appreciate getting outnumbered, therefore the blame is on the other crews?

Looks to me like there are plenty of solutions available to you, many suggested by people in this thread, yet you disregard them on the premise of:

"But you guys you don't understand, I am not having fun, what is Rare going to do about that huh?"

Maybe try to crew up and meet people to help you out if you can't manage alone? Once you developed your skills within the game, try your hand at soloing again?

• @inboundbomb said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@sinbuxg I hate to tell you but "THE CURRENT GAME STATE" has been here for a year and a half. It has never changed from the start. Why do you think it would change? Players either learn from their mistakes or they leave just like any other game. Sometimes they come back just to find out they didn't like it before and still don't.

I know, game is same just from the start but i would love to see if its changed a bit and represent wider player base... i just loved this games advanture and conquer wibe it has and didnt felt on any other game before... but i cant play despite its flaws (i think)

That is why i want it to change a little bit, maybe an option for a different kind of players like me...

@inboundbomb said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@sinbuxg I hate to tell you but "THE CURRENT GAME STATE" has been here for a year and a half. It has never changed from the start. Why do you think it would change? Players either learn from their mistakes or they leave just like any other game. Sometimes they come back just to find out they didn't like it before and still don't.

I know, game is same just from the start but i would love to see if its changed a bit and represent wider player base... i just loved this games advanture and conquer wibe it has and didnt felt on any other game before... but i cant play despite its flaws (i think)

That is why i want it to change a little bit, maybe an option for a different kind of players like me...

Devs have confirmed that private servers would eventually come, they also said they wouldn't want people to farm gold/achievements/rep in them, so there's that.

• @bloodybil said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

alt text

So you choose to play by yourself, and don't appreciate getting outnumbered, therefore the blame is on the other crews?

Looks to me like there are plenty of solutions available to you, many suggested by people in this thread, yet you disregard them on the premise of:

"But you guys you don't understand, I am not having fun, what is Rare going to do about that huh?"

Maybe try to crew up and meet people to help you out if you can't manage alone? Once you developed your skills within the game, try your hand at soloing again?

Maybe you sould learn to read topic post before posting a long how to play guide?
    You might seem wiser :)

As from topic post ;
    "And a note : Dont care your wise advices(!) like "its a pirate game noob"

• @bloodybil

@bloodybil said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@inboundbomb said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

Devs have confirmed that private servers would eventually come, they also said they wouldn't want people to farm gold/achievements/rep in them, so there's that.

Thank you.. that is kind of answer i want, instead of bashing people demanding something different...

• @sinbuxg

Giving away your loot... you could also decide not to play as a santa pirate, fight or just flee. Though I get that it can be fun.

If you want a single player game, this is not it. This is a shared world, a PvPvE game and there is no need for it to morph into anything else.

Good luck finding a game concept that is more suited for you. There are enough out there that focus on the single player experience.

@bloodybil said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

alt text

Maybe you sould learn to read topic post before posting a long how to play guide?
    You might seem wiser :)

As from topic post ;
    "And a note : Dont care your wise advices(!) like "its a pirate game noob"

Nothing wrong in being a noob, everybody starts somewhere.

People just have to know their limits and accept that nobody is born a pro player and everybody has got to learn the game.

Solo play is not easy, and much more punishing when you are still new at the game and don't know everything. I'm not being condescending, it simply is the truth, accept it or not I guess.

Well then... nothing more to say... if the game stays like this, i wont play... even i enjoyed at first few days i wont play...

Little ultimatums like this won't do much. If you are not having fun, play something else. Fair winds!

• We should just have a set of common feedback mega threads where the same requests that continually pop up and will never be implemented can just go to die. Close these threads and redirect everyone there, because the same answers are having to be posted time and time again.

• @cotu42

@cotu42 said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@sinbuxg

Giving away your loot... you could also decide not to play as a santa pirate, fight or just flee. Though I get that it can be fun.

If you want a single player game, this is not it. This is a shared world, a PvPvE game and there is no need for it to morph into anything else.

Good luck finding a game concept that is more suited for you.

i dont want a sinle player game i want a game that can be played solo or with other words "without PVP"... easy as that.
    Just dont pick the "SOLO" thing and say "you can play solo"... you know you have no chance against a crew at ocean.

@cotu42

@cotu42 said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

@sinbuxg

Good luck finding a game concept that is more suited for you.

i dont want a sinle player game i want a game that can be played solo or with other words "without PVP"... easy as that.
    Just dont pick the "SOLO" thing and say "you can play solo"... you know you have no chance against a crew at ocean.

What are you on about? There are many pirates, including myself that roam the seas perfectly fine solo.

You want a shared world, multiplayer to adapt to your inability to adapt. You are the one stating you don't want advice and dare to claim solos have no place or chance against others?

I have defeated krakens, megalodons, skeleton fleets, skeleton forts, dozens of Athena voyages and collected treasure, hoarded it for hours till my ship glinstered in the seas and was able to out sail nearly all the crews that stood against me. I can stand my ground and I am not afraid of a fight. I pick my fights, I am the most annoying target to chase... and I am by no means a pro gamer, but I do know how to stay alive and sail.

I could provide tips, tricks and there many other pirates have made guides specifically for solo play or provided guidance to those willing to learn. Yet you are the one that stated that you have no interest in learning how to play according to the style you want. Yet you want a multiplayer game to mold to your inability to protect your ship, without consideration of the effects it has on the community.

You are being selfish, this is a shared world. The solo experience has its own advantages and weaknesses, but by all means is totally viable.

This is a multiplayer and a shared world of equality of opportunity. It is up to you to become the pirate you want to be, be it cutthroat, skiddish, wild, sneaky or a pinata. #BeMorePirate

• @cotu42 why you cant understand the fact not all players the same...
    you just started to judge me like nobody asking PVE server like i am the only one... lots of players wants a seperate servers some wants seperate pc and xbox some wants PVE...

Still ppl like you trying to teach game that is most obvious to play. i played this game a cuple of weeks but the fun i get from conquer and treasure hunting get ruined because of pvp factors... i dont mean i cant play... i am a PRO FPS player and played lots of game before i dont need help a guide to play... i am asking PVE server from RARE not from you...

Ever if a PVE server exist how it would stop you playing your PVP game?
    WHY do you need me in your PVP server?

• @sinbuxg

As you have mentioned PVE servers have been brought up many times. It is about the community it is about having a shared world and experience.

You might be a great FPS God, I am not and I do enjoy PvP yet I do not play this game for the PvP. I sail the seas for the unpredictable nature of the crews I meet. If we pick at the start of the game whether to go PvE or PvP it changes the dynamics, the composition on the seas.

If you were any good, you should be able to sail the seas and avoid any or all unwanted PvP activity that you want.

There are very few games where PvP and PvE come together like it does in this game. If you are searching for a PvE only game, all to you but there are ton of those. If you are out to only PvP and this game isn't challenging or competitive enough also they can find other venues. This game doesn't need to change its niche to be more mainstream, as I and many others like the balance and ideology that this game was founded on. Why does it need to change the idea it was founded on, because you don't like some aspects.. you have the tools to make it more your style, why do we need to make rules and menu screens.

If you don't like the game, move on.

• your gonna stop playing due to no pve servers alright see ya but a word of advice look up what the game offers for example how about the literal game itself is marketed as a pvepvp game

• i think talk about another microsoft game is not against the rules... so an example would makes easy to understand what i sugested...

Just like the forza 7 game as its a simulation racing game, with the same game engine an arcade racing game forza horizon 4 is presented for different type of players...
    i hate simulation race game but i love arcade games and i love forza horizon games...
    its not about changing the game you are playing. its about giving a different option for different player base that i am included.

This is the RARE crews decision to make since they will put effort at any change in game...

• i am a PRO FPS player and played lots of game before i dont need help a guide to play.

....he says while trying to remove the pvp aspect, a prominent feature found common in FPS games. Mate, you sound like a 13 yr old trying to flex to other 13 yr olds about their "mad" skills. While also sounding like your trying everything in your power to deflect that you actually might be the problem here.

I don't think you have any self awareness, but lets refresh that. Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer open sandbox game based around unknown player interactions, those include of the friendly/unfriendly kind. Your suggestion is to outright remove player interactions, which goes against the multiplayer facet of the game. While also making demands of removing the combat as well, which goes against the whole Piracy theme of the game. This is literally the antithesis of what this game sets out to do. Its just silly to demand a game cater to the complete opposite demographic it already sets out to cater too. I don't go to Rust forums and demand everyone just build bases in piece, that would just be plain silly. I don't go to Darkest Dungeon forums and demand they lighten the mood a bit, because I don't want that kind of negativity in my life. That would just be plain silly. Their most certainly exist demographics that would like that, but its a giant waste of resources to cater to people who aren't interested in the fundamental theme of the game.

• @nabberwar

@nabberwar said in Any chance of PVE server? ... still?:

i am a PRO FPS player and played lots of game before i dont need help a guide to play.

....he says while trying to remove the pvp aspect, a prominent feature found common in FPS games. Mate, you sound like a 13 yr old trying to flex to other 13 yr olds about their "mad" skills. While also sounding like your trying everything in your power to deflect that you actually might be the problem here.

I don't think you have any self awareness, but lets refresh that. Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer open sandbox game based around unknown player interactions, those include of the friendly/unfriendly kind. Your suggestion is to outright remove player interactions, which goes against the multiplayer facet of the game. While also making demands of removing the combat as well, which goes against the whole Piracy theme of the game. This is literally the antithesis of what this game sets out to do. Its just silly to demand a game cater to the complete opposite demographic it already sets out to cater too. I don't go to Rust forums and demand everyone just build bases in piece, that would just be plain silly. I don't go to Darkest Dungeon forums and demand they lighten the mood a bit, because I don't want that kind of negativity in my life. That would just be plain silly. Their most certainly exist demographics that would like that, but its a giant waste of resources to cater to people who aren't interested in the fundamental theme of the game.

It seems you dont have any kind of self awereness about lots of players asking the same PVE server thing... i am not asking put clown dress or pink skirt that have red hearts on it... i am asking PVE server that ppl can play coop against PVE enemies and having fun playing an adventure game... just in a damn server... i am not asking your soul!!! Stop bashing ppl who is asking different than you want...

i think talk about another microsoft game is not against the rules... so an example would makes easy to understand what i sugested...

Just like the forza 7 game as its a simulation racing game, with the same game engine an arcade racing game forza horizon 4 is presented for different type of players...
    i hate simulation race game but i love arcade games and i love forza horizon games...
    its not about changing the game you are playing. its about giving a different option for different player base that i am included.

This is the RARE crews decision to make since they will put effort at any change in game...

Using the same engine to make a totally different game experience with the same blocks... is not the same as grab game, remove one element and create PvE server. This game is built on the unreal engine... what is your point?

Using excisting code, creating something new with that code is perfectly fine. If you have an actual constructional way to create a PvE mode, that is actually fundamentally different and provides us with a different experience than a stripped version of the current game I am all ears.

I for one have suggested that if Rare adds a PvE mode to the game it should offer a different type of experience. Major encounters with co-operating ships in the form a fleet or something along those lines, you know something that doesn't compete flat out directly with their original game by providing a new and exciting experience.

• @sinbuxg well then this is simply not the game for you, it would be like asking pubg, fortnite etc to remove the battle royale thing because i dont like battle royale’s.

This is a shared world multiplayer game in which one of the threats is player interraction, its simply a pvevp game, dont like that go find your gamefix elsewhere and understand this is not the game for you because that is and will allways be one of the CORE game design choices

Views
1 out of 90