It's been awhile...........

• While at at the helm sailing South of Booty Isle I recall arguing with the crew....... Something about our general heading and the Red Sea. Then it happened! I beached the ship in Uncharted waters. The ship was beyond saving and the crew took the row boat to Thieves Haven leaving me marooned. I can't blame them for I was as ornery as a wild cat and stubborn as a mule back then. Many days came and went as I pondered my purpose in life and what the morrow may bring. The ship supplies I had gathered from the waters provided little in the way of company but did suffice in helping extend my existence. I would often boil sand crabs with cockina shells to make a soup. It helped stretch rations. As day turned to night and night to day I began to lose hope of ever being rescued from this small oasis bordering the Red Sea. I had sent many messages in a bottle hoping to be rescued and even received one back but it was from the crew at Thieves! It said "Good Riddance"!
    Then yesterday as I was scavenging the shores for anything that would resemble a meal it happened! After over a year of being marooned I saw sails on the horizon! Big beautiful sails with an "R" smack dab in the middle of them! As they sailed towards the island I swam to their ship and grabbed the port side ladder just in the nick of time! It was good to be back on the deck of a ship again! A mop in hand and whistling to my hearts content all I can think of now is the day I take the helm again! It's good to back in the good graces of RARE! To all of those on deck............ Behave!🍺🍺🍺

Views
  • @dag-13ernit Good story but wrong section mate..
    You should post this in Tavern Tales.

• @nunoazuldimeter I don't think so but maybe. This correspondence is a story of someone (me) who failed to heed the advice of others (guys like you) within the confines of these very forums. My suggestion at the end of the post is for all of us (mainly myself) to simply "Behave" while posting in these forums. I spent over a year separated from being able to post up on one of the best venues available for the game I love most. To become ornery and argumentative is just not the way to go.

• You used to be Bern Dimall isn't it? I remember this name!

• @dag-13ernit aye nice tale

• @jetorchidee97 I am but a mere swabby my friend and just super ecstatic to be back in the fold!

• @dag-13ernit Through the Ferry of the Banned you went! Welcome back!

• @jetorchidee97 Yes! The marrooning was necessary as I had at times totally missed the purpose of these forums which is to encourage and uplift those in need and to partake in friendly productive correspondence with our comrades. 😁

• @dag-13ernit said in It's been awhile...........:

@jetorchidee97 Yes! The marrooning was necessary as I had at times totally missed the purpose of these forums which is to encourage and uplift those in need and to partake in friendly productive correspondence with our comrades. 😁

aye mate

• @dag-13ernit said in It's been awhile...........:

While at at the helm sailing South of Booty Isle I recall arguing with the crew....... Something about our general heading and the Red Sea. Then it happened! I beached the ship in Uncharted waters. The ship was beyond saving and the crew took the row boat to Thieves Haven leaving me marooned. I can't blame them for I was as ornery as a wild cat and stubborn as a mule back then. Many days came and went as I pondered my purpose in life and what the morrow may bring. The ship supplies I had gathered from the waters provided little in the way of company but did suffice in helping extend my existence. I would often boil sand crabs with cockina shells to make a soup. It helped stretch rations. As day turned to night and night to day I began to lose hope of ever being rescued from this small oasis bordering the Red Sea. I had sent many messages in a bottle hoping to be rescued and even received one back but it was from the crew at Thieves! It said "Good Riddance"!
    Then yesterday as I was scavenging the shores for anything that would resemble a meal it happened! After over a year of being marooned I saw sails on the horizon! Big beautiful sails with an "R" smack dab in the middle of them! As they sailed towards the island I swam to their ship and grabbed the port side ladder just in the nick of time! It was good to be back on the deck of a ship again! A mop in hand and whistling to my hearts content all I can think of now is the day I take the helm again! It's good to back in the good graces of RARE! To all of those on deck............ Behave!🍺🍺🍺

Confused pirate noises

• @sweltering-nick said in It's been awhile...........:

@dag-13ernit said in It's been awhile...........:

While at at the helm sailing South of Booty Isle I recall arguing with the crew....... Something about our general heading and the Red Sea. Then it happened! I beached the ship in Uncharted waters. The ship was beyond saving and the crew took the row boat to Thieves Haven leaving me marooned. I can't blame them for I was as ornery as a wild cat and stubborn as a mule back then. Many days came and went as I pondered my purpose in life and what the morrow may bring. The ship supplies I had gathered from the waters provided little in the way of company but did suffice in helping extend my existence. I would often boil sand crabs with cockina shells to make a soup. It helped stretch rations. As day turned to night and night to day I began to lose hope of ever being rescued from this small oasis bordering the Red Sea. I had sent many messages in a bottle hoping to be rescued and even received one back but it was from the crew at Thieves! It said "Good Riddance"!

Confused pirate noises

sad pirate noises

• @sweltering-nick The story is a parallel /paradox narrative of what really happened to me. The crew is the forum community. The messages in the bottles were the many letters I wrote for reinstatement that got rejected. The ship with the "R" was RARE coming to my rescue after well over a year of being cast out. It shows that our Community leaders do have forgiveness and kindness in their hearts and that through real self reflection and accepting your wrong doing anyone can eventually be forgiven.

• @dag-13ernit Welcome back to the crew : )

• @dag-13ernit
    Hello Mr Bern and welcome again... i loved your story but there is one thing...a small little detail , not to be stubborn or to deny you , but you see the Forum Community as "the Crew" , but not all of the " Crew" had abandoned you , thanks to you ,i have learned the " Texan Accent" which has led to numerous fun interventions...Thanks ,Sir and....It's good to have you back.

• @clumsy-george @Foxdodge Thank you guys for the warm welcome back! Georgy it's always fun and entertaining adventuring with you! 😀 I'm feeling so good today I parked my brig behind a sloop, sword lunged to the dock, waved at him and flipped a coin, then told him the good news...... It's gold so you can live today!I grabbed a 5/10/5 sword lunged back to the ship and headed off to a Reapers chest.😂 It's a good day!

• @dag-13ernit Aye Matey! Welcome back my good friend! So many good memories with you and The Parrot Heads! Many more to come! Arrr!

• Held the fort while you were away. Happy tides, friend. 🍻

Views
1 out of 17