Bury-able loot bags.

• This may be a bit difficult to implement but its an interesting idea none the less.

Dig a hole then place this loot sack over the top. You find these loot sacks like any other resourse. You can bury your loot inside it and it will be buried and hidden.

It will persist even during server merge so long at least 1 crew member is still in the session.

It is a good way to hide your loot until you are ready to cash in.

THERES A CATCH.

Your loot is not as safe as you think.
    If you or a member of your crew is killed by another player, they get a treasure map leading to the exact location your loot is hidden.

This will create a mad dash to dig it up before the rival crew does.

It also makes it possible for a chance to get more than what you bargained for when pirating.

Like this idea or not you gotta admit, it would make for some interesting and tense encounters. Also means death has a penalty in a way, exposure to your ill gotten gains.

thoughts?

Views
  • @daringclarky
    So why would I want to burry my treasures in the first place instead of selling them?

There should be something to makes me want to do it, something I could profits more if I do that.

There was an ancient suggestion roaming this forums, even before cargo runs were a thing, that involved bury things.
    We were given crates to bury on islands in certain X mark the spot locations, then we were given an time indication of when to go dig them up and deliver it to profit.
    Basically cargo runs, but more piratich.
    We were given money to bury them and then extra more money to dig them up and deliver at the right time.

• @nunoazuldimeter

Regarding reasons to hide the loot.
    It can be like an insurance policy.

You can horde your loot now, but you spread it to a hiding place.
    Then cash in, in one big go though.

You are right though, there could be another reason, an incentive meeting maybe.

• There is no reason to spend time hiding loot when I can just turn it in immediately and be 100% safe.

• @d3adst1ck Its fun to have options.

Views
1 out of 5