Mouse and Keyboard

• I was wondering if there is a way to prevent my characters view from drastically changing views with the slightest movement of the mouse. One second my Charis looking at the ground and with the slightest movement he’s looking straight up in the air. I’m using a K/M on an Xbox One. I’m a grandfather who has kids and grandchild who play SOT. Even though they all live out of state it gives me a chance to hang out with them. LOL I have allot to learn about computers and such. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You for your time.

Views
  • Sounds somewhat of a mouse sensitivity issue, or possible mouse acceleration issue. What you should try is going into the settings and turn the slider down for mouse sensitivity and see if that changes it. Most likely isn't acceleration, but its a possibility depending on the mouse. To me it sounds like the sensitivity is way to touchy, small movements of the mouse translate to extremely quick movements on screen.

• EDIT didn't realize you were on Xbox, so my advice wouldn't apply. My apologies

• @bactatankbill

Np thanks anyway

• @nabberwar

I will have to try that out . Thanks

• You need to find a sensitivity setting that works with the size of your mouse pad and the DPI of the xbox mouse.

Everyone is different in terms of what they're comfortable with. Generally the lower the DPI the more you need to move the mouse, so you need a larger surface area to move the mouse (arm aiming), this gives better precision but is worse for turning rapidly and CQC fighting.

A high DPI + sensitivity is used for wrist aiming, where small mouse movements = big cursor movements. This is better for CQC, fast turns and aiming quickly, but it is less precise.

I don't know what settings can be adjusted in-game or on the console because I play on PC, but generally, if you want less extreme camera movements when you use a mouse you need either a lower DPI or lower mouse sensitivity or a combination of both. You may also need a larger mouse pad depending on how low you go.

Views
5 out of 6