Cursed Sail crew rotation

• My understanding of the Cursed Sails crew rotation is that they're on a ten day (4 hour IRL) rotation in each region, and all server times are synched, so if I end up playing from 8pm-10pm each evening, the same crew is always going to be up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't play at 2:00 in the afternoon or morning in order to face a certain crew. If different servers had different rotations, so I had a chance of seeing everything in the few hours I have every couple nights to play, I'd really appreciate it.

Views
  • I have the same issue. My thought would be to adjust the 10 day rotation to a 5-6 day rotation so that different battles are available to be had for those that like to sleep and have a full time job.

• @dazed898
    it's a pirate game!
    you wanna play like a pirate you better live like a pirate!

just kidding, I have the same problem °_°

• @uncivlengr said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

My understanding of the Cursed Sails crew rotation is that they're on a ten day (4 hour IRL) rotation in each region, and all server times are synched, so if I end up playing from 8pm-10pm each evening, the same crew is always going to be up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't play at 2:00 in the afternoon or morning in order to face a certain crew. If different servers had different rotations, so I had a chance of seeing everything in the few hours I have every couple nights to play, I'd really appreciate it.

That can't be the way it works... Surely not?
    Nobody is that incompetent at designing content for a global audience right?

• Yeah I was just about to post of this subject. I live in the EST. Dancing demons (the wilds) is from 4-8 AM/PM. And 5 or 6 day cycle would drastically improve this event for me as well.

• @captain-coel and it will go again at 4PM, all of them are two time per day, you can do it early or later in the day, I think they will mix the times up for everybody to have a chance.

Ancient Isles: 12:00AM-4:00AM & 12:00PM - 4:00PM
    The Wilds: 4:00AM - 8:00AM & 4:00PM - 8:00PM
    The Shores of Plenty: 8:00AM - 12:00PM & 8:00PM - 12:00AM

• @r3b3lspy oh I'm aware of the rotation. The crew I sail with also all works basically 2nd shift. So we play late to later. 4-8am I'm asleep and 4-8pm I'm working. I'd assume this is the case for others and different crews

• @captain-coel Yeah that's what I said that I think they will rotate the fights due to this issue.

• Yeah I'm really annoyed about this. Basically means I can complete the same ship over and over again. Not fun. Try again Rare.

• I doubt that the current spawn dates (in-game dates) for each region will stay constant for three weeks. There will be different commendations and rewards each week, so I imagine the region spawn dates for skeleton ships will rotate each week as well, so you should be able to complete one region battle each week pretty easily.

• @rockinpodunk

But you won't be able to do all 9 battles without great difficulty.

• @mrmcdoll that's how it works though...
    Dumbest decision ever, I've already completed all the 3 battles but me and my friends had to stay awake till 3am. Not everybody has the time to do that, expecially if they work in the morning.
    Also, some commendations are available only between specifics REAL LIFE days this month. It's summer. Me and many others are going on holidays, so no way to complete those ones.

• @rockinpodunk yeah I want to do all 3 each week. Its gonna be rough because of the way it's the same time every day

• @captain-coel said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

@rockinpodunk yeah I want to do all 3 each week. Its gonna be rough because of the way it's the same time every day

You could do the same one 3 times each week and still end up with the same result, assuming I’m correct in thinking the day rotation will change once a week with the weekly maintenance.

There’s also the question of where does the clock start? All servers are synced with their day/time, but after servers go down once a week for maintenance do they all start again at 12:01am on the 1st, or do they pick up where they left off?

In either case, even if they leave the spawn days the same for three weeks, those in-game days could shift several hours in real world time with each week’s update.

I’m curious to see what happens.

• @rockinpodunk said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

@captain-coel said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

@rockinpodunk yeah I want to do all 3 each week. Its gonna be rough because of the way it's the same time every day

You could do the same one 3 times each week and still end up with the same result, assuming I’m correct in thinking the day rotation will change once a week with the weekly maintenance.

But there are thre different crews each week, 9 in total. That means most of us can only get 3/9 because we can only play after work etc. Badly designed.

• @peteloaf777 said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

@rockinpodunk said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

@captain-coel said in Cursed Sail crew rotation:

But there are thre different crews each week, 9 in total. That means most of us can only get 3/9 because we can only play after work etc. Badly designed.

Interesting. I must have misunderstood how it worked

• @uncivlengr I feel that an easy way to improve this would be cutting it down to 5 days. That way it's up twice as frequently. Plus 5 days is around the time it takes to do the fight start-finish, restock, and get to the next one for anyone wanting to just grind the fights.

• My crew is having this same problem. We work week and weekends meaning we only have maybe a 5 hour max window to play. And in that same window only 2 crews show up. Waiting for Tuesday to switch the time will mean that our crew will miss out killing one of the pirate crews, as coming Tuesday all 3 crews switch for the next weeks crews.. please switch to every 5 days. This would solve the problem very well! Thanks!

• Perhaps these skeleton crews should keep a dog watch. Sorry couldn't resist. I know it's not helpful ... goes and stands in the corner

• I'm sure there's a good intention or a technical reason for it, but I was excited for this new content and now, presumably, I'm only going to get to see 1/3 of it because I'm an adult and I'm lucky if family matters leave me to the same 2-4 hour window each night.

Please Rare, this doesn't seem right. Surely something can be rearranged.

• @uncivlengr

My issue exactly, work and my young kids mean I play after 9 each night. How am I meant to do the 1-5am without taking an afternoon off work or getting up super early?

The 5-9 window is have to equally get up at 5am or play as soon as I'm home from work and ignore my family.

• I agree, this one is no thought through.

2 hour delay between these battles would be alot better for 90% of the player base this will give the oppertunity to do the battles for every fleet 4 times a day.

As it stands now everyone gets 14 oppertunity's this week to complete them all.

• Ahoy there -

Rare are conscious that this is a concern amongst the Community and we've now created a megathread to collect this feedback all in one place, I'll close this one down now and let the discussions continue here -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/69254/feedback-thread-around-real-world-timings-of-cursed-sails-battles-megathread

Views
8 out of 23