The World is Shrinking!!!

• Has anyone noticed that the map references of all the islands have changed? Either the world has got smaller, or the map has been made a little bit bigger!

Crescent Isle and Mermaids Hideaway used to be in column B. Now they are in column C. Liars Backbone is in column X rather than Y.

Similarly, Smugglers Bay and Marauders Arch have moved down, from row 2, to row 3. And, Sharkbait Cove, Booty Isle, and Devils Ridge have all moved up a row.

The effect is that no island is less than two grid lines from the Devils Shroud (Red Sea) anymore: None in columns A, B, Y or Z; nor in rows 1, 2, 25 and 26.

When did this happen? More importantly, why was it not mentioned in any Patch Release Notes?

http://www.surveyorpete.fun/

Views
  • @surveyorpete said in The World is Shrinking!!!:

Has anyone noticed that the map references of all the islands have changed? Either the world has got smaller, or the map has been made a little bit bigger!

Cresent Isle and Mermaids Hideaway used to be in column B. Now they are in column C. Liars backbone is in column X rather than Y.

Similarly, Smugglers Bay and Marauders Arch have moved down, from row 2, to row 3. And, Sharkbait Cove, Booty Isle, and Devils Ridge have all moved up a row.

The effect is that no island is less than two grid lines from the Devils Shroud (Red Sea) anymore.

When did this happen? More importantly, why was it not mentioned in any Patch Release Notes?

I was looting at lost gold fort and i was attacked by a skeleton. I have never seen a skeleton on the non-active forts until tonight.

• @surveyorpete I didn't noticed, but yeah I remember we're mermaids was before... Could this be slowly adapting for forsaken shores? Although it might be waaaay to early for that...

• @lord-danielw

I thought that. I heard that Forsaken Shores would be reached by sailing off the current map, perhaps through a portal or some such thing, maybe in one corner. So perhaps the extra room has been allowed to avoid ships stumbling into it by accident.

• @lord-danielw he is a surveyor.
    Or maybe, he is the map maker and wanted us to notice his handy work.

Don't they hint at ingame changes to look out for in the pirate times?

• @lord-danielw These are more likely performance improvements for Cursed Sails.

Views
5 out of 6