When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?

• @trophy-un1ocked
    I'm sure i have been bested by controller players when using kb+m & i have probably bested kb+m players when using a controller.
    That could be an indicator of my opponents skill level. I can beat c**p pc players using a controller & good - very good controller players can probably beat me when i'm using kb+m. (again, there will be exceptions)
    But the bulk of the time i can tell the difference between a kb+m player & a controller player. Once you know where the advantages are & can see them being utilised, then to me it is obvious which is which.

The hacks & cheats are a pc problem, as far as i am aware there are no cheats available on xbox. So why wouldn't i discuss them when referring to reasons to have optional crossplay?

@trophy-un1ocked said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

Until actual evidence can be posted about someone cheating, 99% of the time I assume you're just blaming your loss on something other that what it actually is.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this?
    I never said that i have lost to any cheaters or hackers!
    Also evidence can never be posted on here about cheats or hackers as it's against forum rules! You can see quite a few examples on youtube if you search. Quite a few forum members have uploaded their encounters with the non existent cheats!! I would link to them for you, but again, that's against forum rules!

• @logansdadtoo I mean you could be killed by someone you didn't even see and never know, there is no kill counter in the corner to show you who you kill. So how about doubling the turn radius speeds for the stick sensitivity on xbox? You can already remap xbox directional pad to hotkey items. That would put it on par with a keyboard mouse. The 30fps lock is the console's fault, devs could make a 60fps mode on this for sure, maybe it's in the works. If that is implemented, then I don't see an issue.

What is the disadvantage besides that?

• @logansdadtoo said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

@trophy-un1ocked
    I'm sure i have been bested by controller players when using kb+m & i have probably bested kb+m players when using a controller.
    That could be an indicator of my opponents skill level. I can beat c**p pc players using a controller & good - very good controller players can probably beat me when i'm using kb+m. (again, there will be exceptions)
    But the bulk of the time i can tell the difference between a kb+m player & a controller player. Once you know where the advantages are & can see them being utilised, then to me it is obvious which is which.

The hacks & cheats are a pc problem, as far as i am aware there are no cheats available on xbox. So why wouldn't i discuss them when referring to reasons to have optional crossplay?

@trophy-un1ocked said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

Until actual evidence can be posted about someone cheating, 99% of the time I assume you're just blaming your loss on something other that what it actually is.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this?
    I never said that i have lost to any cheaters or hackers!
    Also evidence can never be posted on here about cheats or hackers as it's against forum rules! You can see quite a few examples on youtube if you search. Quite a few forum members have uploaded their encounters with the non existent cheats!! I would link to them for you, but again, that's against forum rules!

Ok first I am calling your BS on always knowing what they are using. The only way you can tell for sure that someone is using a mouse/kb is if they are typing huge long sentences in chat. (even then there is a small chance they could be using an xbox chat pad)

Second yes you are correct about the hacks & Cheats being a PC problem. However, that being said over the past month of playing the game I haven't run into anyone i could not kill (due to god mode cheat) I have been searching through YT/Reddit for these "plethora" of cheats and that is really the only one I am seeing. You guys have mentioned about jumping faster and such as an example of cheating. You are aware of the special moves, right? like the dodge, saber lunge, saber jump lunge attacks? Claiming you can jump "faster" with a keyboard just sounds ridiculous. (because the animation) So yes feel free to mention them as part of your opinion to have optional cross play. But since i have not encountered said "hacks/cheats" my experience tells me its not that "big" of an issue or is being handled sufficiently by MS and Rare.

Lastly, the part you fail to understand is again after searching for the past few days regarding these "cheats" I am only seeing one iteration (god mode) I don't see any other "evidence" of a noclip/infinite ammo/speed hack/etc. Only the occasional youtuber/poster saying "they are hacking "or "they did this" or "that." I am sorry that i require hard proof and not blindly taking the word of some random person on the internet for full value. (actually i take it with a grain of salt, because as i said before 99% of the time that person does not comprehend either the special moves of a game, or the external forces that can effect games. So they blame it on "cheating")

• @logansdadtoo As promised, I have taken some numbers down. Please note these numbers are done while standing still not running around, and not engaged in PVP. I have taken 10 samples of each and posted the average below.

**special note: I was not going for "pure" turn speed. I was going for accuracy. So i was aiming for as close as i could measure to 360~180 degrees as possible. Since to me Accuracy trumps speed in the case of pvp.

**Special note 2: Both of my test cases are on my wireless network. Average Ping for xbox is unknown and Test Results were taken at about 6-6:30 PM CST
    Average Ping for PC was between 77~120 and Test results were taken at about 8-8:30 PM CST. This stated because "Prime time" could have effected results.

***Test results were taking while playing solo unless otherwise noted
    Data taken from 1st generation xbox one:

Full Turn (360 degrees) (default sensitivity 5)

• Average Time to Turn = 2.432 seconds

Full Turn (360 degrees) (Max sensitivity 10)

• Average Time to Turn = 1.193 seconds

1/2 Turn (180 degrees) (default sensitivity 5)

• Average Time to Turn = 1.251 seconds

1/2 Turn (180 degrees) (Max sensitivity 10)

• Average Time to Turn = 0.751 seconds

*Death Respawn times (from Death animation, until i can move again in the real world.)

*Special note: Ferry of the Damed door timer seems to chime at 32-33 seconds after death, and you can move through the door about 35-36 seconds after death.

Death while docked at an outpost:

• Average Full Respawn time = 1 minute 18.5 seconds

Death while sailing at sea:

• Average Full Respawn time = 48.75 seconds

Data taken from my "uber" PC:

Full Turn (360 degrees)
    *Average Time to Turn = 0.588 seconds

1/2 Turn (180 degrees)
    *Average Time to Turn = 0.397 seconds

Death while docked at an outpost:
    *Average Time to full Respawn = 58.75 seconds

Death while sailing at sea:
    *Average Time to full Respawn = 59 seconds

Death respawn time while playing with my friend on a duo sloop

Average Full respawn for me = 1 minute 1 second
    Average Full respawn for friend (whos PC is wired to network) = 48-50 seconds

***This tells me that network setup may effect load times.

So while you look at these numbers and try to justify that PC has a "huge" advantage because we have a "quicker" turn speed. Please keep in mind you are talking about small numbers (typically with in 1/2 second!) of each device. Thus with the numbers i have given, its negligible and laughable. Because most of the time when i hear you guys say "huge" advantage its because your saying things like it takes us twice as long, or your 2x faster. With out having actual numbers to look at and compare, yes that sounds like a huge advantage. But when you REALLY look at the small numbers it does look like your blaming deaths on a disadvantage of .5 seconds difference. Not to mention that external factors such as lag can and sometimes does negate these numbers out.

And while i realize this is my personal data, and does not reflect an 'average' user or the community as a whole. I am providing you actual data. Please feel free to post some data so we can compare and contrast.

• @adeezlfosheezl it's not about being competitive. It's about furstration that is brought by unequal chances. I wouldn't mind it in a co-op scenario but Sea of Thieves is STRICTLY A PVP GAME. From the very first interview Rare kept on saying about not giving anyone any advantage. That's how the game was advertised but it turned out completely opposite. False advertising.

• @captain-surgee No this is not a "strictly PVP game." Examples of "strictly pvp" would be Overwatch, league of legends, Planet Side 1 and 2. This is a PVEVP game. Second look at the data i provided and try to argue that a .5 second advantage in turn speeds is such a "huge" advantage. I am fairly sure that Rare has in mind or on paper a set of numbers to make sure things are kept "equal" as possible. I would be willing to bet all my in-game gold that a .5 second difference falls with in their acceptable range either - + of keeping things equal.

• Rare needs to poll Xbox players to find what % don't want crossplay.
    As an Xbox players id never use crossplay.

• @trophy-un1ocked This game does not offer a PVE mode. You're always in danger of getting attacked by other players. Even if you don't want to, you will be forced into a pvp combat. Therefore this game is strickly PVP. As for your "data" 0,5 second difference i. Move speed? Are you using a car steering wheel to turn on your pc? I can do a 180 turn on pc in 0.1 sec. On max sensitivity on xbox i's like 1.5 sec. Now imagine you're in combat and you need to make 10 such turns. Pc player will be few seconds ahead. Just to remind you, turn speed is just one of many advantages of pc players.

• RARE, please give us the option to opt out/toggle off crossplay.
    It should absolutely stay as a feature but it should be a feature that is optional.

• @rarden I completely agree. I would still use crossplay though, probably about 50% of the time.

• @captain-surgee like I said, they could easily double the stick sensitivity options to make it exactly like a mouse in turning speeds. Would that help and make it equal? This whole thread is about turn radius right? That's an incredible easy fix that would appease everyone and doesn't require any extra development.

• @khol-thndrwlkr Why do you dislike cross play? Is it the turning radius only or? That's the whole point of play anywhere and Microsoft's future vision of gaming, I seriously doubt that will change.

The biggest question is, would Xbox players be be upset if PS4 players were included, or is just distaste for pc players only? Like stated, if it's purely about turn radius that's an easy fix, and what about when Xbox gets official keyboard/mouse support? That could be later this year. I use a controller on my pc, I'm sure I'm not the only one. Seriously though, no cross-play would kill the servers. The pc-side would be mostly dead in my opinion like halo wars 2 was.

• @captain-surgee said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

@trophy-un1ocked This game does not offer a PVE mode. You're always in danger of getting attacked by other players. Even if you don't want to, you will be forced into a pvp combat.

loading into the game its inherently PVE, the only time it's PVP is when you are actually playing against a player. Hence PVP. If you are only fighting skeletons, sharks, the kraken? You are playing against the Environment. Just because the "threat" is there does not mean you will run into other players. I have had many sessions where i stayed away from other ships. even if they chased me, i really wasn't "fighting" them just evading them. Again arguing semantics. If you don't engage players, and they don't engage you, simply put its not pvp.

Therefore this game is strickly PVP. As for your "data" 0,5 second difference i. Move speed? Are you using a car steering wheel to turn on your pc? I can do a 180 turn on pc in 0.1 sec. On max sensitivity on xbox i's like 1.5 sec.

Sorry let me clarify. I was using a Mouse with default speed settings. I don't get all "hard core epeen" and max out my mouse sensitivity. And yes i believe i showed that with my data a full 360 turn was 1.193 seconds on average. Give or take your 0.4+/-

Now imagine you're in combat and you need to make 10 such turns. Pc player will be few seconds ahead. Just to remind you, turn speed is just one of many advantages of pc players.

I cant think of any situation in this game where that is NEEDED. Sure in twitch/arena games where your running in and around building/rooms and such sure. But this game? Not to mention Accuracy, doesn't matter how fast you are, accuracy is where the punch is. So unless we are some how racing around an island, i cant think of a situation where i need to make 10 such turns. IF that happened to you, maybe they were just better at evading you than you were at chasing them?

• @adeezlfosheezl That or remove the option to change mouse sensitivity... Default is fine the way it is for me.

• I have a feeling that if Rare were truly concerned of any type of advantage for PC/KB+M over console/controller, than they could have made this a game that requires a controller to play.

I understand that there are cheats/hacks available to PC players, yet do not surmise that all PC players are interested, condone, or support (or even care for that matter) such hacks. This type of action will typically result in a ban. Legit skill doesn't need to use cheats/hacks

• @trophy-un1ocked You're missing the point with PVP. You CAN'T opt out of it. You don't have a full control over fighting against other players. You can get attacked while doing your PVE quest and robbed out of everything. This game doesn't give you any choice. There's no safe zone, no passive mode. It doesn't matter if you want to play as a peaceful skeleton player. By your way of thinking you can say Halo PVP Warzone is actually a PVE game because you can try to ignore other players and go kill NPC base defenders.

As for the situation where you might need many turns. Many times I've boarded other ships and most of the time I was able to wipe out the entire team when playing on my PC. In that kind of fight, I was easily doing 10 such turns or more, running from one enemy to another, shooting and then quickly backing off, covering 2 entrances at the same time with my super turning speed.

It just sounds like you have an extremely casual approach to the game (hence the most basic mouse with no sensitivity switch, something most mouses have now, not even gaming ones) which is completely fine but just because you're unable to make use of the advantage given to you, doesn't mean it's not there.

• I imagine that Rare collects a lot of data behind the scenes and can probably see if there are really any major differences between the two devices abilities. In all likeliness they will continue tweaking the system until they think its where it should be. They probably won't ever mention their point of view on crossplay because they already did. They made a game with crossplay and listed it as a primary feature.

• I bought the game because it was advertised as cross play. I play on my pc with my Xbox friends. I also use an xbox pad while playing. I have not noticed me being that much better playing it than my Xbox friends.

• @captain-surgee said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

@trophy-un1ocked You're missing the point with PVP. You CAN'T opt out of it. You don't have a full control over fighting against other players. You can get attacked while doing your PVE quest and robbed out of everything. This game doesn't give you any choice. There's no safe zone, no passive mode. It doesn't matter if you want to play as a peaceful skeleton player. By your way of thinking you can say Halo PVP Warzone is actually a PVE game because you can try to ignore other players and go kill NPC base defenders.

No, you're missing the point. You actually can avoid fighting if you are aware of your surroundings. So yes you do have "control" of the situation just sounds like not the control you want. This has been beaten to death also. I am not going to defend what the game is currently not. Correct, it does not give you the choice, was it ever stated that it does? What it does give you however, are tools to use in game to avoid combat. Situational awareness goes a long way. #bemoreArcher

As for the situation where you might need many turns. Many times I've boarded other ships and most of the time I was able to wipe out the entire team when playing on my PC. In that kind of fight, I was easily doing 10 such turns or more, running from one enemy to another, shooting and then quickly backing off, covering 2 entrances at the same time with my super turning speed.

Sorry there are limitations to devices? That is an external force we(as players) have no control over. Petition Rare/MS to increase sensitivity settings for the controller if you feel that its still not close enough to the mouse.

It just sounds like you have an extremely casual approach to the game (hence the most basic mouse with no sensitivity switch, something most mouses have now, not even gaming ones) which is completely fine but just because you're unable to make use of the advantage given to you, doesn't mean it's not there.

While i do have a "casual" approach to the game, i don't have a simple mouse. I use This. Also i don't program it. Like i said earlier a bet a fair amount of pc players dont min/max just so they can get that "competitive edge" you guys so adamantly suggest they do. So instead of pointing out the issues with my data. Provide your own so we can see how "competitive" you feel you need to be in order to win at this game. Sheesh this game isn't that competitive.

@trophy-un1ocked You're missing the point with PVP. You CAN'T opt out of it.

In a sense you are correct. There is no way to stop another player from attacking, and many many many many many of the people in this game seem to be itching for a battle, although there are options on how to deal with it. One can run away to avoid the fight which can take awhile, one could scuttle their ship (hopefully with no treasure), or one can choose to fight. I've had many many instances of success with evacuating the treasure from my hold onto an island, letting my ship sail a ways as a diversionary tactic, then scuttling. Coming back to retrieve my goods later.. Time consuming yes, but eliminated the PvP encounter. In other words I "opted out" of that particular fight. I'm not saying this is the "best" thing to do, and sometimes it was unsuccessful. Other times I have had to sail for 30-45 minutes for my pursuer to finally deem whatever I may have (Ha, Skull Fort loot! Suckers!) to be unworthy of their time.

You can get attacked while doing your PVE quest and robbed out of everything.

Don't sail alone. Keep someone on the ship at all times. Check the waters often. If that still failed, then oneself/one's crew are a failure. Always be prepared for the worst.

There's no safe zone, no passive mode.

For good reason. This is, and has been, a completely arguable idea anyway. Thieving is a key part in this game, and creating safe zones would destroy the integrity of that. If everyone would adhere to Article 3, not one would need worry about their loot being stolen at an outpost.

By your way of thinking you can say Halo PVP Warzone is actually a PVE game

By the Seven! How can one compare a game that is about combat, aptly titled WARZONE, to a game about sailing the sea. From my research, this is a completely different type of game that is focused on eliminating the enemy team to capture bases. There are no bases to capture here, so really there is no need (although if one feels they have treasure, or just looking for a fight) to attack other players. Apples to oranges, mate.

Many times I've boarded other ships and most of the time I was able to wipe out the entire team....I was easily doing 10 such turns or more, running from one enemy to another.... with my super turning speed.

Really cool story. (serious, I appreciate people who can hold their own.) I've done something similar turning relatively slowly (default setting)... so good on you...?

hence the most basic mouse with no sensitivity switch

I don't see why one would need to increase and decrease the sensitivity during play. This may have previously been an issue with the EoR being slower than molasses, and I'll admit to doing such a thing. Now that that has been corrected, the ability to on-the-fly toggle sensitivity has no merit.

I honestly don't know what I am trying to debate here. Don't hate, appreciate.

The Sea Calls To Us All, The Sea Unites Us as One

• I actually agree so much with your points, I too would like to know when.
    That said I can see there is also a lot of debate with us in forums, so prob means there is just as much behind the scenes. I personally would like a simple option to vote out.

win win for all

• The argument that xbox players cant compete with pc players is pretty dumb imo, there are great xbox players and there are also great pc players. With that being said if given the option as a pc player I would only play with other pc players

• @explosiveboby yet so many people are getting really salty at idea of that

• @racmop Not sure i understand what you mean by hardware. Xboxs and PCs are made from the same hardware

• @explosiveboby It's because they are splitting hairs, and feel that the game should perform "exactly" the same across all xbox one versions and PC. The thing they fail to realize is that similar to Doom (classic) on an apple watch or an HP printer, can be played across certain platforms but not with the same efficiency. So they take that and attack Rare and or PC users because "its not fair."

• @racmop said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

@explosiveboby see you move turn faster your aim is way more accurate it's an advantage it is a balancing issue console cannot hang with PC I don't even understand the argument here opt out should be an option you want to play with your PC buddies don't click the Box if you want to opt out of PC for the evening click the Box Gears of War 4 has this fortnite has this games all over the place have the same option

Let me fix that for you. Movement (forwards/backwards/lateral) are fixed speeds. Turn speeds vary. Depending on your reflexes and response time. But blaming the input device for someones natural abilities does not compute.

Someone could have very high motor skills an thus does not need to adjust mouse settings. Alternatively those with slower motor skills, or those with disabilities, or degenerative diseases would not be treated equal in that sense.

The point is if you "train yourself" and develop your motor skills you can play on par and wont feel/notice you are playing at the disadvantage. The problem is most people don't have the drive to do so, because its easier to blame the equipment.

• @racmop I honestly could care less if it was in or out. I have stated with the evidence I have read about, or seen on the forums its simply not NEEDED, I would rather have more content put into the game. From a business standpoint getting additional servers and separating or adding features like this, are costly and time consuming. There are factors such as licensing, equipment purchases, renting of space to house said servers, site surveying, etc. that go into setting this "option" -as you call it- up. Its not a simple flip of a digital switch.

Funny enough the one semi-quasi valid complaint i have come across (not even here on the forums, mind you) is that you pay the microsoft xbox live gold service to avoid going up against cheats. And since its possible for them to sneak in due to cross play its an issue.(therefore xbox live should not be required to play SoT on xbox) But again xbox one/live is not immune to cheating. Lag switching/hacks have been around for a while to name one.

• @doctor-dissaray You're still missing the point...I'm not looking for tips on how to survive against other players. I actually do like open PVP, but I'd also like to keep it fair and at the moment it's not. How can I compare a game that is about combat to SoT? SoT can be just as much about combat as halo. A lot of players actually play for the combat (a different type of combat than halo, but still a combat). The fact that creating safe zones would destroy the integrity of the game, further implies that it is a PVP game at heart. There is no question about it. No matter what excuses you make and no matter what's your opinion on how the game should be played, forced cross-play still makes it unfair to many.

I still don't understand why would you fight so badly to not allow an OPTION to turn off cross-play for those who want a level playing field? Please stop telling people how they should play and just let them enjoy a console gaming experience how they're used to.
    From the very first interviews, Rare was letting us know how it's their priority to make it fair to everyone. It's far from that. We were not informed about the forced-cross play. It's nowhere in the game store, it's nowhere on the box. It undermines the very foundation of competitive console gaming (and yea, SoT is always online and always pvp game, so it's competitive). Enjoy your cross-play and let others enjoy fair play. And yea, I play SoT on PC ( do I need to prove it?) but I see cross-play for what it is.

• @trophy-un1ocked said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

Funny enough the one semi-quasi valid complaint i have come across (not even here on the forums, mind you) is that you pay the microsoft xbox live gold service to avoid going up against cheats. And since its possible for them to sneak in due to cross play its an issue.(therefore xbox live should not be required to play on xbox) But again xbox one/live is not immune to cheating. Lag switching/hacks have been around for a while to name one.

I mean, I thought they paid for Xbox Live Gold to support the infrastructure of a gaming service provided to console players and all the bells and whistles that come with it, and to facilitate a universal experience across the platform for online play and connectivity. I don't remember reading anywhere in the terms or the sales pitch that the payment or membership has anything to do with cheating. While that may have been an added benefit at one point, it's certainly not an advertised part of the package.

• @racmop I am also not blaming you, its just from my experience in playing online game so many people assume that there is cheating going on when they lost. Because for some reason its hard to fathom that someone else might be better than them at a game. And most of the time they cant prove "cheating" yet they cry it out all to often. So i try to call them out when i believe its happening.

• @drunkpunk138 Advertised or not, many people feel it should offer them a level of protection. Since it is not an optional service and because M$ should be able to afford/implement an anticheat/DDOS mitigation service but don't is dumb. Step back in time and look at all the issues around the holidays and how hacker groups like lizardsquad (and others) would do this just to prove a point -that a required paid service- should have that level of protection.

(i could be wrong but i thought i read about that over the past few years.)

• @trophy-un1ocked said in When will a Rare employee state their points of view on the crossplay matter?:

@drunkpunk138 Advertised or not, many people feel it should offer them a level of protection. Since it is not an optional service and because M$ should be able to afford/implement an anticheat/DDOS mitigation service but don't is dumb. Step back in time and look at all the issues around the holidays and how hacker groups like lizardsquad (and others) would do this just to prove a point -that a required paid service- should have that level of protection.

(i could be wrong but i thought i read about that over the past few years.)

Peoples feelings often get in the way of facts, that is nothing new. It's the duty of every online gaming service to provide anti-cheat, paying a subscription that does not explicitly state you are paying for that service does not require any additional layers of protection, nor does it really take away from that service that is being provided. It may alter it, but it does not take away from it. DDOS mitigation is an entirely different beast, too. That is infrastructure protection, which is also of course in the best interest of any online gaming service provider. Lizard Squad also hit a lot of non-paid PC gaming services, too, for example.

• @racmop respectfully I disagree. It seems a ton of console players want to opt-out to leave PC players alone by themselves. Since there are already so many less PC players anyways, that's just not fair to kill our matchmaking. Cheating/hacks will be fixed with ease. If some folks (that are hardcore gamers that care about all stats) really think they're at some huge disadvantage not using a mouse/keyboard in a super casual pvp sandbox, they should invest in a pc because this is the future of gaming going forward for all triple A Microsoft titles. I feel the 30fps is a much bigger issue for console, by I expect Xbox One X owners to start getting a full 60fps+ option in upcoming competitive titles.

The PvP in this game is rare anyways. I/my crew can go an hour without seeing anyone. I'd say 1-in-5 actually attack. I strongly lobby again cross-play toggle, this is not an E-league tournament of stats and k/d ratios to gain "internet fame". There are zero stats.

@doctor-dissaray You're still missing the point...I'm not looking for tips on how to survive against other players.

My information wasn't specifically for YOU, hence why I never directly referenced YOU. So please refrain from making this about YOU. This is about the SoT community as a whole. Also, as I said at the conclusion of my post (you may have missed it,) I was not sure what I was even trying to debate, but clearly you want this to become an argument instead. Be constructive, not destructive.

I actually do like open PVP, but I'd also like to keep it fair and at the moment it's not.

I never said that I don't appreciate the PvP aspects of the game, but seeing as how I Rare-ly (trying to be punny here) engage other ships in battle, I don't see this "unfairness." Typically I don't ask my assailants what system they are on, so it's impossible to know.

I've never chalked up my loses to "Oh, they must be on PC!" and my victories never come with a "They had to be on Xbox!"

How can I compare a game that is about combat to SoT? SoT can be just as much about combat as halo. A lot of players actually play for the combat (a different type of combat than halo, but still a combat).

I understand that scalawags play this game just to engage in battles. From the trailers for the game, I too was completely enamored with the idea of participating in one. Yet still if you cannot see the difference between a game about eliminating enemy forces to capture bases, versus a game about gathering treasure for gold and reputation with a PvP aspect of hunting ships, than I cannot help you. Still apples and oranges to me, although others may share your sentiments. Perhaps time will change my perception on this. As it currently stands, there are no worthy rewards in-game for PvP, except for sweet sweet satisfaction. (THIS IS NOT CONSIDERING IF THEY HAVE LOOT, KEEP THAT IN MIND)

The fact that creating safe zones would destroy the integrity of the game, further implies that it is a PVP game at heart. There is no question about it.

This is a hard point to argue, truly. I feel that others are prone to attack someone approaching a outpost from the belief that they possess loot, thus making PvP a prevalent thing, and your statement true. I must contemplate further before I issue my rebuttal. You too should consider such a thing, as your post comes off as extremely hostile and unwilling to see another's POV. I imagine you will put this comment off as me trying to undermine you, in which case you will be wrong. Lighten up.

No matter what excuses you make

I have made no excuses, please do not put words in my mouth.

Anytime I have lost/been defeated, it was because I sucked at that moment. Anytime I have won/achieved something, it was because I made the right choices at that moment. Nothing more.

no matter what's your opinion on how the game should be played, forced cross-play still makes it unfair to many.

Are we not all here for our opinions to be heard? Is your opinion somehow greater than my own, or someone else's?

I have also never stated that it ISN'T unfair, but I personally have yet to truly see this "unfairness."

I still don't understand why would you fight so badly to not allow an OPTION to turn off cross-play for those who want a level playing field?

Again, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said whether I am for or against the "OPTION" to enable/disable, nor have I said whether I flat out support or disagree with the idea of cross-platform to begin with.

Please stop telling people how they should play and just let them enjoy a console gaming experience how they're used to.

Again... words in my mouth I never said. I never told anyone how to play. I advised people how I play, and whether or not that works for others, I would not know. I know what works for me, and I have adapted.

From the very first interviews, Rare was letting us know how it's their priority to make it fair to everyone. It's far from that. We were not informed about the forced-cross play.

To this, I would apologize, but it is not my place to do so. This is the 1st cross-platform game I have ever played and I love it. I understand where you are coming from, wanting the option to simply disable cross-platform. I agree that this would be a nice feature, but sadly, it is a feature that does not currently exist in SoT. Time will tell if this will change or not, but as others have said; there is a lot of time/money/effort needed for such a change.

Enjoy your cross-play and let others enjoy fair play. And yea, I play SoT on PC ( do I need to prove it?) but I see cross-play for what it is.

I will, thanks! And no you don't need to prove it, unless you have a strong need for validation. I'm not here trying to argue or berate you.

The forum is a place for us to collectively work together as a whole, to make things better.

You can hate, I will appreciate.

The Sea Calls To Us All, The Sea Unites Us as One

Views
234 out of 276