voice chat not working

• so i cant seem to get voip to work,neither does my friend,and i see allot of other people have the same issue,also people we met ingame,but sometimes we can stumble across a crew that we can hear,but they dont seem to hear us.

have checked my win 10 settings,xbox settings and ingame settings and then double checked them again,trying different settings each time to no avail.

so how can i get voip to work? and yes both xbox and sot are allowed in win settings.

Views
  • @steffoyargh for me i have to turn the push to talk on and off so my mic is not constantly broadcasting me making random bird noises, and randomly bursting out into pirate

• If you're on Win10, make sure that the game has permission to access your microphone.
    Start - Setting (cog on the lower left - Privacy - Microphone.
    Make sure that apps can use your mic and also make sure the game is turned on to access the mic.
    Hope this helps.

• have tried using PTT and voice actiovation,nothing works.
    and yes permission is on on sot and xbox,still nothing.

• @steffoyargh I wish my voice to chat was the only thing not working. lol

• @steffoyargh I've actually had the same problem a few times. You need to make sure your mic is set to let applications take control of the device, make sure the mic is set to default, grab a friend and keep testing it until it works. The PTT things works as well. Had the same problem during the beta's.

• @derk-fzb well i can't join the game either if that's what you were thinking:( so thought id use the time to try figuring out the voip in the meanwhile...

• @steffoyargh haha. I gotcha. I think its time to take a break to have a Pirates movie night.

• @paisleyport693 like i said,i have tried everything,have tried turning off and then back on permission in win 10 for sot and xbox app,tried all the different input/output on xbox app,tried with PTT and different key binds,and voice activation,still does not want to work.

and it worked in the final beta,but not now,and i havent changed anything since then.

• Hey Guys. Game is Live and i got also the Problems on Pc only Version.
    i tested everything in this Post. nothing helps me out.
    After 6 Hours try and error i found something that , i think, solved my Problem.
    I could hear everybody in game but my voice doesnt work. my crew could see the bubble over my head but no voice to hear.

My way to solve this i think was the " Game Mode" by Win10.
    Go win 10 "all settings" " Gaming?!/game" "Game Bar" activate it.

now u can Press " WIN+ G" in Main Menu of SoT and a bar appears. At this Bar u have settings for game mode activation ect. AND u can ACTIVATE your Microfone extra to every other setting.
    I think this was the right way that helps me. otherwise. Good Luck for Troubleshooting

• I had no problem with this since Stress Servers. Some people have though and it haven't mattered if it was Stress test, Final Beta and probably Live one. One of my friends had always problem with microphone. But always ended up using xbox app party to hear ourselves or steam voice chat.

• I'm also in the group that's modified every privacy, playback, and Xbox app setting with no luck at all. At launch yesterday I could at least see the indicator over other peoples heads albeit with no sound, but after switching audio to my headset I don't even see that anymore, and switching back to Speakers didn't bring back the indicator. At this point i'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with certain headsets, it gets frustrating trying to play and immediately getting thrown in a brig because I can't hear anyone talking or talk myself, and everyone seems to ignore the text chat.

• ok i have no idea what i did or did not do,joined a game with a random,tried turning PTT on and off and suddenly it worked,even tho i've tried it a billion times already.

• Im just addimg my voive to this noise. Extremely frustrating on launch to not be able to use voice chat. Clearly an integrel part of this game and its shocking to see so many struggling. Myself included.

We NEED to hear back from a Dev at this point to clarify what is to be done. Ill try the Game Mode Solution when I am back on to see if that works. If its reliable Ill report back. Ive tried everything else!

• @mrt92thomas said in voice chat not working:

Im just addimg my voive to this noise. Extremely frustrating on launch to not be able to use voice chat. Clearly an integrel part of this game and its shocking to see so many struggling. Myself included.

We NEED to hear back from a Dev at this point to clarify what is to be done. Ill try the Game Mode Solution when I am back on to see if that works. If its reliable Ill report back. Ive tried everything else!

As promised. Didnt have todo anything. If you follow the above, allowing permissions. Should be fine... famous last words

• So, since launch i have had issues with the in-game voice chat. It wasn't really a problem for me since i am playing with friends and we are using discord as a voice communication but we've been running into people and not being able to voice chat to them. It's not just me, my 3 other friends aren't able to voice chat to other players either. I just went in a game with random people and my crew mates couldn't hear me.

I am a PC player, I tried so far everything that has been said in all the previous posts. Nothing has worked for me. Checked my Xbox app settings, Xbox privacy settings, enabled disabled PTT, tried the gamemode. Made sure Sea of Thieves / Xbox app is allowed to use my mic.

It's kinda frustrating that something simple as voice communication isn't working. It might be some settings hidden away in Xbox settings, i have no idea. But the fact that you have to go through Xbox privacy settings just to be able to use your Microphone in a game seems weird to me. I never have had a problem with my mic in any other game.

I hope there can be shed some light on this issue.

• @apelovesbananas said in voice chat not working:

So, since launch i have had issues with the in-game voice chat. It wasn't really a problem for me since i am playing with friends and we are using discord as a voice communication but we've been running into people and not being able to voice chat to them. It's not just me, my 3 other friends aren't able to voice chat to other players either. I just went in a game with random people and my crew mates couldn't hear me.

I am a PC player, I tried so far everything that has been said in all the previous posts. Nothing has worked for me. Checked my Xbox app settings, Xbox privacy settings, enabled disabled PTT, tried the gamemode. Made sure Sea of Thieves / Xbox app is allowed to use my mic.

It's kinda frustrating that something simple as voice communication isn't working. It might be some settings hidden away in Xbox settings, i have no idea. But the fact that you have to go through Xbox privacy settings just to be able to use your Microphone in a game seems weird to me. I never have had a problem with my mic in any other game.

I hope there can be shed some light on this issue.

I had the same Problem with Beta and the full game.
    The Mic Privacy Settings in Windows are just one part of the Problem!
    You also have to enable Chat Access in your Xbox App Privacy settings (through Windows Live.com website).

• Open your Xbox App
    • open your own profile
    • click on the "More" button and select "Privacy"
      A web browser opens and you have to login to live.com using your Xbox account.
    • Under "others can..." check the setting on "Voice, Text or Invites" and change it from Block to Everyone (or friends if you are friends with all your teammates)
      Confirm your changes.
      Restart SoT and now you can both use text and voice chat.
Views
4 out of 17