Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?

• Update:

• You can find the official post about the missing preorder outfit/items here!

I shall be leaving this thread here so people can read it and the reply's to know what is happening.

Also for > @Hylian-H3r0 <, the Ferryman outfit and the Mercenary Outfit can be found in your Clothing/Vanity chest after redeeming the code - you may have to restart the game I'm not 100% sure.

So I'll keep this short and sweet.. I've kicked off my adventure but I don't seem to have my Pre-order exclusive outfit and items? anyone else have this issue? or know why? (I don't think i recieved an email with a code or anything, and I'm able to play the game fine ((I do currently have my ferryman clothing set tho))..

Views
  • same here

• A lot of people seem to have the same problem, I trust that the devs will give an update on this soon (or after the game is released in all zones)

• There is a new vendor in the game that gives you your special reward items.

• @knightx13 where, with the other merchants? Just asking for everyones' knowledge

• @moeman91 At the outposts, yes.

• @knightx13 Oooooooh you big tease!... Sat here... not sailing... we need a spoiler feature here!

• @musicmee Working on it....future plans....

• @knightx13 said in Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?:

There is a new vendor in the game that gives you your special reward items.

Arrrrgh! Not everyone's in New Zealand now!! I can't resist for 9 hours more!

• @dreifois Right there with you....I can't play now either....

• That feeling when Australia is now enjoying the game you're still on the last cart of the HypeTrain for.

• @knightx13 yes, but you have KNOWLEDGE on your side, we're just in a limbo... :))

• I heard on reddit that apparently, you need Xbox Live Gold to redeem it even if you're on PC. Although, he did get that answer from xbox live support..

• @zeo 60 ping too, feels good.

• @dirtydiddle Give it time... ;)

• I too had this issue, wasn't in the chests etc. But there is a black clad mysterious figure in the tavern, and asks you to be level 5 reputation in all 3 factions. I am assuming it's a way of getting people to earn the clothing first.

• https://i.imgur.com/dbP14Br.png Reddit OP's answer from microsoft live when asking how to get the pre-order items.

https://i.imgur.com/wMTxwnRh.jpg Small print in Microsoft store which suggests that a Gold account is actually necessary (which would be ridiculous)

https://i.imgur.com/ScWukp7.png Small print on Sea of Thieves website which suggests that the Gold account is only necessary to play on xbox and has nothing to do with the Black Dog Pack. This is what I'm hoping is true.

That being said... Rare needs to have a talk with the Microsoft store if they're going to be trying to push their products at the expense of making Rare look like they lied and cheated to get PC pre-orders by not-quite-saying that it was xbox-gold-only to get the cosmetics.

If it turns out that these cosmetics actually are for xbox-gold-only then Rare needs to give SOMETHING to PC players because the goodwill generated by "true-crossplay" and "not just another port" only goes so far if you ignore your PC players from day one.

• @dreifois said in Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?:

@knightx13 said in Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?:

There is a new vendor in the game that gives you your special reward items.

Arrrrgh! Not everyone's in New Zealand now!! I can't resist for 9 hours more!

Same I’m dying over here XD

• What a shame?

• @knightx13 where in the outposts. can we get a screenshot?

• @blatchfordbear I haven't received mine either and it's really annoying. Was so excited to be all kitted out but 😔

• @uberwiggett said in Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?:

I too had this issue, wasn't in the chests etc. But there is a black clad mysterious figure in the tavern, and asks you to be level 5 reputation in all 3 factions. I am assuming it's a way of getting people to earn the clothing first.

I hope that's not the case. I earned it by gambling on an unreleased game betting on the fact the issues I had would be solved at launch. That trust is what earned the black dog pack. I'll be a bit irritated if I then have to go earn it in game.

Edit: so I read that post about the gold account being required... is that seriously the reality? So pc players who preordered won't get the pack unless we have a gold account? I need some verification on this cause i might blow a gasket if this is actually the case.

• Official Update:

Users who pre-ordered after the 26th of January will not have their DLC added to their account at the moment. We know who they are, and from tomorrow, they will be getting a Xbox Live Message with a code to redeem it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• @zeo dijo en Pre-Order Exclusive Outfit and Items - Missing?:

That feeling when Australia is now enjoying the game you're still on the last cart of the HypeTrain for.

Damn, aussies will exterminate all the skeletons of the game with excessive cursing and we will sail in a wasteland.

• @knightx13 that is so annoying

• @rejectedtrain52 It is, but not one that impacts your ability to play the game when it releases in your region, and one that a fix is already in the works for.

Official Update:

Users who pre-ordered after the 26th of January will not have their DLC added to their account at the moment. We know who they are, and from tomorrow, they will be getting a Xbox Live Message with a code to redeem it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@KnightX13 Can you please clarify if this includes users who pre-ordered digitally from other retailers, such as Amazon?

• @chimerik If you pre-ordered from other retailers, you will want to contact that retailer for more information.

The message prior is for pre-orders through the MS Store/Xbox only.

• @knightx13 Thank you for clarifying. If I were to cancel my Amazon purchase and pre-order through the Windows Store today will I still be eligible?

• @chimerik That I'm unsure of. I'd start with contacting Amazon, and see what response you get. If you have further questions just PM me.

@rejectedtrain52 It is, but not one that impacts your ability to play the game when it releases in your region, and one that a fix is already in the works for.

Well, we can wait! There are already a few interesting things to check, according to our NZ mates... 8)

• @dreifois That there is....

• @knightx13 thanks

• @knightx13 wait so is there a vendor at the outpost or not?

• @blatchfordbear ya I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. You’ll receive it eventually. Some people can’t even play because of rolling release, so...

Views
26 out of 223