How does cross platform work because I have a few friends on pc and would like to play with them

• 🦄🦄🦄😮😮😮😮

Views
  • Step 1. Make sure they are in your XBOX app friend-list, and you are in theirs.
    Step 2. Invite them to play, or they invite you to play.
    Step 3. When you join the lobby, you are ready to go!

It's very easy! :D

• @wynny800 Are you talking about Play Anywhere? Or Cross Play? Crossplay is already implemented within game and basically means that pirates on either platform can play together in the same world, they can use the Xbox app on console or PC to group up and form a party beforehand as well as just chat or add and manage friends lists.

For Play Anywhere information there's a heap on this website at the bottom of the page -

When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download. On your Xbox One, games will show as “Ready to Install” under “My Games and Apps”. On your Windows 10 PC, games will appear in “My Library”.

• Anyone else think it's incredible that they have already implemented crossplay into the Alpha?

It might be the first game to have done it.

• @warchester69 I'm talking about the fact that it has crossplay in an Alpha.

• The Cross-play works fantastically well. Almost every alpha I played with xbox players. Because the game uses the xbox windows app on pc it pretty much connects seamlessly with the xbox players.

• i hope by god, that there is an option that you can play with only Xbox devices vs Xbox devices, avoiding any" PC player" because one thing is sure, game cheaters and game cheat makers and seller already can't wait to dominate the Xbox players with nasty hacks , its the biggest fun for them , be sure .
    This whole "crossplay" , crossplatform madness opens every door for hackers , its like you know someone wants to kill you and you open the door so it happens easier and quicker.
    Look games like PUBG where on PC 50% of the playerbase is using game cheats, if you think SOT is diffrent here you really naive.
    I bought an XBox X and an PS4 Pro only because i want to avoid the PC cheaters when ever possible and now they get literally free access to my personal security , invited by Microsoft's "Crossplay" which i tend to call already "Hackplay".
    I understand if people like this crossplay idea and if they want to use it, but i wish to have an option to stay secure and a way from PC game hackers by marking a simple checkbox saying "Do never connect to games with mixed devices".

• @erinom3 Please elaborate

• @karstenx1971 Gears of War 4 isn't full of hackers on PC. Why would Sea of Thieves where there really is no point? The only thing they might hack is either ship not sinking or unlimited gold.

• Crossplay is seamless. Players in-game cant tell who's on what system. Just make sure your friends have Win10 or they wont be playing.

btw, I think the game runs through XboxLive, where it's probably easy to ban any pc hacker. There wont be separate servers for Xbox and pc, according to Rare.

• @xxbrytexx
    What do you want me to elaborate on?

• @barnabas-seadog Whats weird is when I play on Xbox I need to have gold. But when I play on PC. I don't need gold. Which is why I haven't renewed my xbox gold in years lol. Didnt need it for gears of War, don't need it for Sea of Thieves. I like what they did with PC

• @karstenx1971 I can't tell if you're trolling really hard? Making it crossplay will by no means guarantee just bringing hackers to the game! You very much seem like the type of person who doesn't own or play games on PC and are wrapped up in your own little console bubble! The PC playerbase is by no means a s**t show of hackers and are actually one of, if not the better playerbase! I've run into hackers on all platforms and hackers get banned on each of them for doing so... Seeing as this games connected to your Microsoft account, it'll be the same reporting system as on Xbox so it's not like they'll just have free run of the game without any consequences and ruin it for all you poor console sweethearts... My suggestion is to probably not be so closed minded against a platform you don't play and see it as a bridge to bring gamers together as a whole! But hey... Don't worry because while everyone else can have fun and enjoy the game WITH each other, you can continue to "fight" the good fight against the horrible plague of the PC audience which you seem to know so much about!

• @penguin8myfish4 but da pc users have better graphics and m&k how can the console players possibly keep up? /sarcasm

• Works the same way on both ports. Add friends into games via the xbox friends app! Enjoy!

• @erinom3 what is the xbox friends app? like the xbox phone app? is it an app in the marketplace? I want to know how to join a friends game who is using PC when I am on XBox. Thanks

• @xxbrytexx
    Ah, yes.
    So, there actually is an Xbox app for your phone but I wasn't talking about that.
    I was referring to the xbox application for with windows 10. I forget if it is automatically installed but if it isn't your friend can find it in the windows store.

And you would play with your PC friend just like you would play with any xbox friend. The process isn't any different for a player on the xbox. The steps I outline are just one of the ways PC players can join their friend's game using the xbox application on their pc.

Hope that clears things up! Sorry for any confusion.

• @penguin8myfish4 said in How does cross platform work because I have a few friends on pc and would like to play with them:

@karstenx1971 I can't tell if you're trolling really hard? Making it crossplay will by no means guarantee just bringing hackers to the game! You very much seem like the type of person who doesn't own or play games on PC and are wrapped up in your own little console bubble! The PC playerbase is by no means a s**t show of hackers .......

A cheater bridge it is, Crossplay = cheater bridge from PC to console.
    I have and play PC, Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox X. Your guesswork didn't work, boy.

• @erinom3 said in How does cross platform work because I have a few friends on pc and would like to play with them:

Step 1. Make sure they are in your XBOX app friend-list, and you are in theirs.
    Step 2. Invite them to play, or they invite you to play.
    Step 3. When you join the lobby, you are ready to go!

It's very easy! :D

I can confirm and agree! I did this many times on the Closed Beta and with other games that were Xbox Play Anywhere. Just make sure to tell them to purchase digitally so if they ever in the future get an Xbox One, they'll have the game in their library waiting.

• @karstenx1971 cross play does not open it up for hackers u do know ps4 and Xbox one have hacked consoles have done for a while I remember coming across a couple on gta v through the PS4 so the reporting method is the only true way to combat this we need to report the voilators so they can be dealt with accordingly if more people did this it would make it that bit harder for the hackers and a lot better for us that don’t cheat regardless of the platform we play on

• @cheekyaussie Absolutely please report all suspected cheating or hacking, we have a zero tolerance policy.
    This post has been locked as it is a bump of a very old thread.

Views
2 out of 22