The Mystery Begins!

• @fred-fisheye

There are a few music boxes around. I don't know how significant they are. Ones I know of are: in all the toolshops, on Crook's Hollow, Shipwreck Bay, Ruby's Fall, Kraken's Fall, Lone Cove... I'm sure they are on a lot more islands

• @realstyli You mean this is a Murder Musical Mystery?!

• @metal-ravage

A Magical Marauder Murder Musical Mystery

• @realstyli You mean a A Mini Magical Marauder Moonlight Murder Musical Mystery

• @metal-ravage Huh, that would make sense because if you go to Discovery Ridge and use the Fallen Sea Dog lantern at dawn near the sunstone painting, there will be two red memories of DeMarco being given a musical sheet by Umbra. I wonder if the next clue will involve playing a shanty somewhere?

• @impymidna2303

We have 5 clues from memory visions, as I listed earlier in this thread. And we are currently trying to figure out what they mean...

Smuggler's Bay: Tracy's note shows a speaking trumpet icon and LI, VII (Roman numerals for 51, 7)
    Crook's Hollow dice show a 7 and a 5
    Discovery Ridge: Umbra's note shows music notation for d4, c5, a4, d4, d4 (dca,dd)
    Marauder's Arch: Scarlett's compass points NxNE while DeMarco appears to be pointing in a westerly direction (?)
    The Devil's Thirst: DeMarco's watch reads 6:15

For a good list of where we are at in the Mystery, I recommend checking out the Murder Mystery Board on Merfolk's Lullaby.

• Right the proof is in all the pics it was Shelly the crab she killed DeMarco then consumed his flesh then the crab got into the sea of the damned and consumed his soul soon she shall be after us we must rise against the tyranny of this crab before it destroys us all

• I didn't see anyone post about this yet, but the official SoT TikTok account posted the YouTube video explaining the mystery up until now (here). At 1:09-1:11, there's a code listed:

S4NOB59FBMN7I9B

Y'all have any ideas?

• @jeditoph Good spot matey! Just tweeted about the exact same thing...

Let's hope we can get to the bottom of it!

• @jeditoph said in The Mystery Begins!:

I didn't see anyone post about this yet, but the official SoT TikTok account posted the YouTube video explaining the mystery up until now (here). At 1:09-1:11, there's a code listed:

S4NOB59FBMN7I9B

Y'all have any ideas?

Time for another one of Styli's wild theories... A lot of this is pure speculation a long the way but here's what I got...

Using the general code breaking rule that E is the most common letter in the English language I got _-_-_-_-E-_-_-_-E-_-_-_-_-_-E

Assuming T is the next most common letter, that was either the 9 or the N in the code. I tried both and 9 seemed to make more sense.... _-_-_-_-E-_-T-_-E-_-_-_-_-T-E

T-_-E could be "THE"... and after that looked far too much of a fit for "PIRATE"... Which only helped with one other letter, N=I... leaving us with _-_-I-_-E-_-T-H-E-P-I-R-A-T-E

So, the first word... _-_-I-_-E-_?

Using the remaining letters of the alphabet, I first landed on "Olive's", but that made no sense... and I don't think they'd use contractions in a clue like this. My next guess was "Quizes", and that doesn't seem right. I ended up with...
    K-N-I-F-E-D-T-H-E-P-I-R-A-T-E or K-N-I-V-E-S-T-H-E-P-I-R-A-T-E

Hmmm... could it be whoever stabbed the Pirate Lord? Or who knifed the paintings at the top of the Sea Dog Tavern?

• @realstyli
    Dang dude, nicely done. Your theory is way better than what I had... which was nothing. :)

• Hmmm... could it be whoever stabbed the Pirate Lord? Or who knifed the paintings at the top of the Sea Dog Tavern?

Isn't the theory that Amaranta is the one who had the hidey hole at Sea Dogs Tavern and put the knives into the paintings of the twins? I'd almost say that she would then be too easy of an answer... we did think she was the Masked Stranger before it was proven to be Wanda. She could just be the game's resident red herring?

• @realstyli wasn’t there a gang that was really dangerous called the crimson knife or something?

Also, perhaps someone should go the arena tavern knifed paintings, above, inside, and in the skeleton area behind to see if anything pops up with the lantern

• @realstyli
    I'm kinda curious as to how you figured all that out from the code that was given in that vid :o

As for all the ghost memories that we have found thus far I'm not sure what that would send us if it's to send us anywhere. From what it sounds like we have to be somewhere at 6:15. As to where I'll have to think about something soon...

• @capt-brookes said in The Mystery Begins!:

@realstyli
    I'm kinda curious as to how you figured all that out from the code that was given in that vid :o

Well, as I said, it's a wild theory. I made a lot of assumptions to get that end result. Though it looks credible (especially with "The Pirate" fitting), I don't know how accurate it would actually be.

To properly crack a code, we'd need longer than 15 characters and more repeating letters - maybe there are more codes out there with a similar cipher. But I play a lot of puzzle games and, lately, a lot of escape room puzzle games. So I was curious what I could come up with.

It's all just a bit of fun at the end of the day though.

• @realstyli We think we found a similar code on from the visions. We're not sure if it's right, but could you give it a shot and see if you can solve it. We think it may have the same key as the one from TikTok. S4NOB59FBMN7I9B

• @mistergullett

That is the TikTok code?? Unless you meant to post a different one? I've had a look at the visions, I'm currently just as stuck as everyone else on those.

A theory which Shumba (who I mod for on Twitch) came up with was that the music notes were actually in relation to the map. If you mark Old Salts Atoll, Plunder Valley, Lost Gold Fort, Ancient Gold Fortress, and Shark Bait Cove, they make a shape that matches the notes. They surround the Shrine of Tribute but he was unable to find anything useful down there. But there could still be something to that theory, especially given those islands are so close to where the vision of Umbra is, on Discovery Ridge.

• @realstyli Yeah i copied the wrong one sorry lol 615DCADD57517NW
    they were side by side

• @mistergullett

I get that they are each of the vision clues together in order of time of day but, applying the cipher I used before, it doesn't make sense.

So either I was way off in my original cipher or this is not how we apply these clues. I would probably need to go back to square one with both codes and see if I can find anything. I don't have time for that right now but maybe later, if someone doesn't do it before me.

Edit:

Yeah, I can't make sense of that possible second code from the visions. I don't think they even allude to a code. It just doesn't share enough characters with the TikTok code to be able to crack it. I think we're going to need more clues.

• @mistergullett Where did you get this code from? I don’t see it in the tiktok when I rewatched it but I very well could have missed it.

• Another tweet from Sea of Thieves:

What secrets would the Order of Souls find if they searched your memories?
    alt text

Alt text:

A moody scene inside a tent of someone practising magic. They're surrounded by candles, skulls, vials and other magical objects.

high res image

There are a few codes on the left side of the picture

QR7
    ARBOY (edit: checked on a different screen and looks like a "B")
    B4

and under the skull lamp is 3946

• @wolfspartan0605 He got the code from connecting the vision clues (at [https://www.merfolkslullaby.com/boards/murder-mystery](merfolks lullaby) bottom of the page)...
    6:15 | D C A D D | 5 7 | 51 7 | N W
    time | music notes | dice | Roman numerals | North West
    don't know if that's the correct interpretation of the clues... or if there is another meaning... i believe that we still need more clues to figure this out...

• To summarise, the clues we currently have are:

TikTok code:

• S4NOB59FBMN7I9B

Memory vision clues:

• 6:15 on the watch
    • DCADD musical notes
    • 5 and 7 on the dice
    • LI and VII (51 and 7 Roman Numerals)
    • DeMarco pointing NW (or westerly)

Order of Souls tent picture:

• QR7
    • ARBOY
    • B4

And music boxes scattered throughout the map, that may or may not be a clue.

• @fanghorn13

The 'Roman numerals' LI and VII on Tracy's note may not be numerals at all, but letters. Not an unlikely twist, particularly given that they are preceded by a speaking trumpet icon.

Also, the time 6:15 could be referring to the '6' and '3' positions on the clock.

• @b0ttle-0-rum

I had thought the same thing myself about the LI and VII... hadn't considered the time being 6 and 3 though, good shout!

• @b0ttle-0-rum
    I tried literally typing "trumpet 51 7" into google and this is what came up... Georg Philipp Telemann Trumpet Concerto in D Major 51:D 7

maybe it has something to do with this song starting from 6:15... ヽ(°〇°)ノ

• Similarly to @fanghorn13, I decided to just Google "d4 c5 a4 d4 d4" and the only results are these forums and the sheet music for the song Doctor Jones by Aqua.

I literally don't think there's anything to this. I just found it funny and wanted to share. :)

• @jeditoph
    you can as well try to play chess with moves "d4 c5 a4 d4 d4"... chess.com describes this play as "Old Benoni Defense"... Just wanted to share... :)

• Benoni also means the son of sorrow which is something to possibly speculate when we have a chest of sorrows in the game @fanghorn13

• Regarding the new letters and numbers we got from the Order of souls tweet today. I think I may be on to something.

QR7= THE ARBOY=CHILD B4=IS 3946=NOSY I came to this conclusion by using deductive reasoning that if B4 is indeed its own word in the sentence it can only be a few two letter words, I then used the letters to solve for the other common letters and numbers in the rest of the sentence. If the first sentence was Knifed the Pirate, then this next sentence fits along with that. The Child(Demarco) is Nosy. Maybe Demarco was looking into something he shouldnt have been.

• Not to rain on your parade, @justsaiyen93, though the substitution cipher you've used to decode QR7ARBOYB43946 doesn't work for S4NOB59FBMN7I9B.

It's possible, though unlikely, that Rare would give us multiple codes without a common cipher.

• @b0ttle-0-rum said in The Mystery Begins!:

Not to rain on your parade, @justsaiyen93, though the substitution cipher you've used to decode QR7ARBOYB43946 doesn't work for S4NOB59FBMN7I9B.

It's possible, though unlikely, that Rare would give us multiple codes without a common cipher.

I don't think they share the same cipher, there are two many unique characters between them. I may be wrong but I just think they are randomising the substitution each time.

• @realstyli said in The Mystery Begins!:

@b0ttle-0-rum said in The Mystery Begins!:

Not to rain on your parade, @justsaiyen93, though the substitution cipher you've used to decode QR7ARBOYB43946 doesn't work for S4NOB59FBMN7I9B.

I don't think they share the same cipher, there are two many unique characters between them. I may be wrong but I just think they are randomising the substitution each time.

That would kind of make it hard to confirm that either of them are correct, which means that the clues could be right or completely wrong and leading us in the wrong direction.

It would make more sense if they had a common key.

• @d3adst1ck

By all means, and I mean this in a friendly manner, try to find a common cipher and prove me wrong. I really don't think they have the same substitutions.

I spent hours last night going through all the codes and the best I came up with for the Order of Souls code was similar to Justsaiyan93's outcome.

This of course is running under the assumption that they are words and not, say, something like filenames, parts of URLs, or redemption codes (already tried Steam for the TikTok code and got nothing).

• Użytkownik @realstyli napisał w The Mystery Begins!:

To summarise, the clues we currently have are:

TikTok code:

• S4NOB59FBMN7I9B

Memory vision clues:

• 6:15 on the watch
    • DCADD musical notes
    • 5 and 7 on the dice
    • LI and VII (51 and 7 Roman Numerals)
    • DeMarco pointing NW (or westerly)

Order of Souls tent picture:

• QR7
    • ARBOY
    • B4

And music boxes scattered throughout the map, that may or may not be a clue.

Combination of all clues is also 15 signs long - 63dcadd57517NWW , i will try to decipher it using some encription software.

Views
524 out of 1048