Pirate Appearance Potion Feedback and Wishes

• Rare you guys should add the ability to change to a pirate body you used in the past. On your first pirate and every time you buy the pirate appearance potion you should, when you buy a new one, be able to see past pirate bodies you used and choose that again. I feel it would just be better for players who feel that the use of the pirate appearance potion was a mistake and they wish to go back to a previous pirate body. If anything you should just give them, initially a bunch of random pirates, but you should also allow us to just have a menu so that we can pick and choose which features we want on our pirates. After 4 billion rerolls I just wish I could pick and choose what I want. This would allow better customizability and would let those players with OCD not go crazy with 4.3 million re-rolls on pirates. This re-roll system is a real pain to use and a just wish I could have the pirate I want without wasting my life on re-rolls. I have lost pirate looks I love and pirates I want to go back to because of this re-roll system. This needs to change to make the Pirate Appearance potion worth buying. Thanks!
    P. S. To everyone commenting on this post "you shouldn't have bought it" or "just get over it" doesn't solve my problem, your problem, or anybody else's problem. If you are just here to comment "get over it" then find a different post please. Thank you!

Views
    communitygeneral
  • @cptchicken1052 Better settle with change than regret. Think well before you make your choice, if not you still got a chance for a new pick.

• I think that everything used and purchased should be available to a player.

I support the random system and the positive effects that I believe it brings to the environment but I also think that people should be able to have a collection of what they purchase if there is going to be a potion.

• @wolfmanbush I think they're should be the option of randomness first but high customization second. The option should always be avalible

• @metal-ravage In that case you should be able to see cosmetics on your character, sets that you think would look good on a character could end up looking bad. After that you've flushed $2 down the drain and you can't undo your change with another potion.

• @cptchicken1052 said in Pirate Appearance Potion Feedback and Wishes:

@metal-ravage In that case you should be able to see cosmetics on your character, sets that you think would look good on a character could end up looking bad. After that you've flushed $2 down the drain and you can't undo your change with another potion.

Understand that what you purchase when you get a potion is just another go at the pirate generator, not the character you pick up or you had before.

I think that indecisiveness prevents many from actually enjoying SOT.

• Rare you guy should add the ability to change to a pirate body you used in the past.

Why? What happen? Did you not buy the potion to begin with because you didn't like your Appearance? Why go back...

I feel it would just be better for players who feel that the use of the pirate appearance potion was a mistake

No. Because when the Potion thing was being created, people were up in arms. Willing to pay the fine to change themselves and get out of it. No going back, you didnt like it and paid for it. No mistake if you thought "Gee I dont like my appearance"

should also allow us to just have a menu so that we can pick and choose which features we want on our pirates.

You dont have a menu persay, more of a carousel of choices. So you go it already.

After 4 billion rerolls I just wish I could pick and choose what I want.

That an odd number, 4 billion? Have you even jumped into the game yet? :( You can by the way, Pick and Choose what you want, you get what...10 choices? If you dont like the choices, Roll again.

This would allow better customizability and would let those players with OCD not go crazy with 4.3 million re-rolls on pirates

Dont bring my ocd into this. Not everyone with ocd is that strained with it they can't have little proper control.
    Anyways, again with the odd number of 4.3 million re-rolls....seriously?

This re-roll system is a real pain to use and a just wish I could have the pirate I want without wasting my life on re-rolls.

And here it is, as always. It a Player problem and not the game. Wanting the perfect pirate. Just pick a thin/buff pirate, regardless of gender & jump into the Sea. Your adventure is waiting. Dress yourself up and throw some face paint on.

I have lost pirate looks I love and pirates I want to go back to because of this re-roll system.

Again, you Chose the path. Paid the price for losing your old look. Think of it as plastic surgery. You maybe able to change or remove features but it wont ever be the 100% same as before.

This needs to change to make the Pirate Appearance potion worth buying.

It worth buying if you wanna spend the $ and...again..You really really really! want to change your pirate and dont wanna go back.

• @cptchicken1052

I agree with having the option to re-choose your previous pirate form would encourage those who are more risk adverse to try out the potion.

I would probably implement this feature as a second potion. The second potion would only give you the choice to pick any of your previous forms. I would call it something like "Tears of the Fallen".

• I fully support your idea!

• @faceyourdemon Thanks!

• @sageapollo97074 Why a second potion? It's still changing your pirate's appearance.

• I mean it would be nice if you could choose your pirate's gender, build and face. The rest is randomized. For example, my current pirate is perfect, except i wish he was a bit thinner, not fat thin or skinny, average with broad shoulders. xD

• @shenlongkazama I think full customization should at least be an option for those who want it.

• @cptchicken1052

If possible sure. But perhaps the code doesn't allow it? Dunno. But locking in gender, body type and face greatly reduces the time to find a pirate you like.

• In order for this to work, they'd have to save copies of every pirate you previously used and they currently do not. If this was added, it would probably only apply from the update date forward so you'd only be able to use the feature if you purchased an additional potion to change from your current pirate.

It seems like such a limited use case that I don't see why they'd bother. The number of players constantly switching their pirate appearance has to be extremely low.

• @shenlongkazama Agreed

• @d3adst1ck I still think it would be better to have the option. I think it'd just be nice for people who want their pirate to look a certain way but don't want to spend 30 years rerolling for the right one, a system to pick and choose what traits you want should be available if people want to use it. And hey better late than never!

• @cptchicken1052 This suggestion has appeared on these forums periodically over the course of the game's current 4 year run time. I don't think Rare is interested in spending dev time on something that will be used less than Arena was.

• @d3adst1ck
    Unless we show enough people want this future implemented then it's not gonna be, but every post like this shows that people do still want this feature. Rare is a company that listens to their fans and if we show this is what their fans want then it will be added (hopefully). And hey if rare spend dev time on teaching pirates how to sit in a chair I think they can spare a bit of time on a customization menu.

• Keep the pirate appearance potion as is, but also offer a pirate appearance+ potion for a higher price that allows you to keep your previous pirate in addition to everything the OG potion already does.

• @galactic-geek
    Maybe add a smart generation feature, to that. The game will generate similar pirates to ones you've already favorited. Thus narrowing down on the perfect appearance.

• @cptchicken1052 I did that earlier I bought the potion but then my preferred hat was all stretched

• @d3adst1ck said in Pirate Appearance Potion Feedback and Wishes:

@cptchicken1052 This suggestion has appeared on these forums periodically over the course of the game's current 4 year run time. I don't think Rare is interested in spending dev time on something that will be used less than Arena was.

What do you mean "used less than arena" ? We use our characters 100% of our play time.

• @alienmagi you are spending 100% of your time in the IPG?

• I think the overall Pirate Randomizer is fairly decent, but I wish they'd add a small little "Menu" of sorts where you can pick a few options (Three, four) that it would force every randomized pirate to spawn with. Stuff like the dark/light lips, teeth, blind eyes, etc.

E.g. "Full Teeth" would mean you won't have to worry about a pirate you really like appearing, only to see they're missing teeth and ruining the entire thing.

• @cptchicken1052

Sometimes it is easier to leave an original as is and create a second version that only has the new feature.

I am just thinking out loud.

I do fully support your idea!

• @annchovyne said in Pirate Appearance Potion Feedback and Wishes:

I think the overall Pirate Randomizer is fairly decent, but I wish they'd add a small little "Menu" of sorts where you can pick a few options (Three, four) that it would force every randomized pirate to spawn with. Stuff like the dark/light lips, teeth, blind eyes, etc.

E.g. "Full Teeth" would mean you won't have to worry about a pirate you really like appearing, only to see they're missing teeth and ruining the entire thing.

I guarantee you that if such a feature were added, "perfect teeth" would be chosen by like 95% of the community.

Views
communitygeneral
12 out of 27