Official Companion App

• I’m not sure how much this would bring to the game, but I think it would be a nice addition. Similar to what you can do from this website, you could view reputation, items, emissary stuff, friends. It could also include features for quests eg. maps for gold hoarders voyages.

There are many features, like a map, which would be really helpful but I think it may have to be limited as it would take away from the realism of the game as otherwise there is no point looking at the map in game.

Open to discussion if interested :)

Views
  • @starfury2004 uhmm.... sure.. but... do you mind suggesting some features as well?

• @uzugijin yeah, was a bit vague 🤦‍♂️. I’ve updated it now.

• If we cant have gambling ingame, why not outside?
    • Hook up to Microsoft/Xbox Live, send message to join a dice/card game and gamble away your current gold you own.
    • Stakes are high
    • Maybe even spend gold on mobile app stuff?
  • Well, i wouldn't mind having a companion app like this that would integrate this websites and rarethief's map.

Or having a minigame application that would let you sending "minions" through-out the sea doing missions for your SoT gold and they would return with some doubloons or supplies (which could go into a special crate or npc that you could access in SoT at an outpost.) I loved these kind of companion applications (games such as Dying Light, World of Warcraft had it as well)

BUT of course, as past reactions stated before (and i recommend searching the forums to see if your suggestion wasn't asked before) that would be a disadvantage for people who doesn't have smartphones, so sadly, I have to downvote my own input. :(

• @burnbacon said in Official Companion App:

• If we cant have gambling ingame, why not outside?
    • Hook up to Microsoft/Xbox Live, send message to join a dice/card game and gamble away your current gold you own.
    • Stakes are high
    • Maybe even spend gold on mobile app stuff?

I think SW:Battlefront 2 (or 1...) did a app like that....chess looking thingy, was fun to play before the release of it. (You got some extra credits and stuff when playing it)
    Was alot of fun when having a dump. :D

Views
3 out of 6