Glitch/exploit with the emotes in the latest update (report)

• On the weekend we ran into a crew member using a glitch, gliding quickly using what looks like a combination of emotes.

https://imgur.com/jYrwLIe

Searching the internet I found other cases and reports on reddit like this.

(0:20)

I already sent a ticket to support, now to wait Rare soon release a fix.

Views
  • @quietrobot

Literally just seen a similar thing happen on a stream, clip here.

link text

• @wagstr Thanks, apparently it's more broken than I thought. the last time something similar happened was in 2018 with the cannons.

• This is not an exploit, this is indeed one of the many new bugs/ glitches rare brought in with their "bug fix patch" this month. Unfortunately this happened a while back but luckily it was fixed in the following update so lets hope they manage to fix it in September.

• @l-snapper-l

That was when freemasonlive and hitbotc posted that video of mason sliding around on his knees, was a revive bug. I saw it happen on stream and laughed until my cheeks hurt.. especially the long arms on the wheel..

This one seems to be emotes sticking.

• @l-snapper-l said in Glitch with the emotes in the latest update (report):

This is not an exploit, this is indeed one of the many new bugs/ glitches rare brought in with their "bug fix patch" this month. Unfortunately this happened a while back but luckily it was fixed in the following update so lets hope they manage to fix it in September.

How is this not an exploit? It is a bug that can be exploited for the benefit of one player and the detriment of another.

It allows a player to move while hiding their nameplate at all times, as well as sneak around in a manner that is not normally possible at all in the game.

• @archangel-timmy

Okay, try exploiting it right now... [waits]

See, it's a bug.

• @wagstr You'll have to provide a little more context to your reasoning here.

Waiting for me to hop into a server and perform this action isn't a counter to my argument.

A bug can be an exploit, it is not simply one or the other. It is the fact that this bug is repeatable and provides an advantage that makes it an exploit.

• @archangel-timmy

Sorry didn't mean it to come over so sharp but I think this is something that just happens randomly rather than something you can conjure, I may be wrong.

• It's been found, identified, explained, repeated, and reported. Nothing else needs to done on our end, except wait. Rare will (hopefully) fix it in good time.

• @wagstr No worries, I was just a bit confused.

I am unable to test it out right now, but the various videos I have seen make this appear repeatable and I may already know how to do it.

I can try in an hour or two to confirm.

• @archangel-timmy
    It is called it happens by random, my friend and I had it happen to us after we died and when we came back our last emote was stuck

• @l-snapper-l said in Glitch with the emotes in the latest update (report):

@archangel-timmy
    It is called it happens by random, my friend and I had it happen to us after we died and when we came back our last emote was stuck

It is true that it also happens unintentionally ... but also intentionally like in the video I attached.
    As @Archangel-Timmy says this allows several advantages, hiding, sliding, reducing the hitbox, etc.

• @quietrobot we can at least agree it is dumb and needs to be fixed quick

• This is only a visual bug and not a hitbox bug. The hitbox is the same as before which is a huge tic tac moving around. I am not sure if this bug can be used on purpose, but I have had crewmates who would spawn in like that BUT it wouldn't look like that for everyone. So he would look like that on my screen but not on someone else's screen.

This bug only makes it so people are really hard to predict based on where they are going to go whether or not they are trying to shoot, eat, etc.

If its repeatable then its an exploit. Which I believe its random but people may know how to do it. The sad thing is its prob gonna take them over 6 months to fix. cough cough ladder bug which was broadcasted to everyone at the twitch rivals event.

• @trik68 I have been messing around with this the last couple of days and can say it is quite inconsistent but repeatable. I haven't found a way to trigger it every time, but have been able to pull it off after a few minutes of repeat attempts. Given the stuff I need to do in order to try and trigger it, I can see this happening to players accidentally as well as just randomly.

The player in the glitched state cannot see it from what I can tell, and as you said, it varies from player to player when it comes to seeing someone else do it. It also seems to clear up through various actions or through the player going through a loading sequence.

I may not have landed on the exact sequence to trigger it in 1-2 attempts and it may not be consistently visible to all, but I still view it as an exploit since it can be triggered with patience and the players intent once in that state.

I will keep tinkering on :)

• Does anyone know if anything is happening about this. I've been having a lot of fun on the high seas recently, but this particular exploit seems to be spreading amongst the masses and I don't think it's very pretty or smoothly integrated. I have seen several people try to implement it in PvP. And I'm very surprised that this conversation just came to an abrupt end.

• As this thread was 2 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
9 out of 18