Enchanted Compass Bug in The Cursed Rogue

• So me and my friend were doing the Cursed Rogue Tall Tale and when we got to the part where Madame Olivia gives you the Enchanted Compass nothing was there. No action button to hit, not even the compass itself was there. She did the animation of creating it and everything. It was no where to be found.

Views
  • Just had this happen to me as well. Wondering what to do? Any known fixes?

• Happened to me as well. Compass not showing up on "map" radial after animation of Olivia creating it

• Happened to me as well today.

• Same here, no enchanted compass, tried twice.

• Tried again today, again no luck. Turn in the two artifacts and no enchanted compass.

• @Uncle-Phoenlx @BathsaltxAddict @Liv3war3 @pantalapampa @Syclopse Make sure you go to the support page and raise a support ticket. Support tickets are sent to the devs and it will ensure they are made aware of the problem.

• Yes. It's just happened to me and my buddy. I've done it twice today thinking that maybe cashing in loot during the cutscene was causing the problem. We sat through the whole cutscene and the compass was there and then its gone can't pick it up or anything. I've submitted a request in. I linked this form. I suggest everybody effected you do the same.... Of course it's the fifth time I'm doing it. And I'm unable to complete it. Just my luck 😳

• Happened to me and some friends too. We tried twice, but nothing was there. How can I send a ticket? I’ve visit the support page but don’t know how to do it...

• While sharing this on the Forums to see if others are having the same difficulty is ok, you all should really send in support tickets. Rare is more likely to see that there is an issue if you send in support tickets, not to mention they make their way to the correct people.

• @nofears-fun ticket sent!

• @uncle-phoenlx Me and my buddy have this issue as well. really sucks.

• Same here. Now trying to figure out how to raise a #%$@ ticket. Anyone have a compass to find the raise ticket page?

EDIT: found it. Ticket raised.

• @uncle-phoenlx it happens if you sell something to her before getting the compass

• @noneh-doxx if you don´t sell anything to her, it´ll be there then? Have you tried it?

• @kr77n I can confirm this works! Finally I could continue this tall tale!

• Happened to me today twice I'm trying to get the Tale to 5/5. I don't think I'll bother trying again until it's fixed....it can take a lot of time to get that far.

• I'm running this now, and no compass pops up. Rather annoyed. Didn't sell anything to her other than the quest items. Though I did trade a gem to the Merchants before hand.

• This just happened to me too. I also sold stuff to her along the way. Guess, once again, I'm not going to finish this tall tale. x___x RIP

• @melibearart same happens to me the other day. I was so aggravated i thought i had taken to long to grab the compass. (Selling stuff while she squawked) I went to another server though and it worked just fine.

• You need to sell something to her before you give her the two items in the chest.

I had the same problem three times doing this tale. But the last time, I sold her a skull before giving her the items and I finally got the compass 😊

• @budcouple420 I don't think this makes a difference, I've been speed running this tall tale recently and it's happened to me twice consecutively. Both times I sold skulls to her before handing in the broken parts. Raised a support ticket so hopefully they fix it soon, I really want that Souls Curse.

• Same here. Our chest map was messed up too. It showed thieves haven in the first two pictures but ended up being at plunder valley. Has this happened to anyone else. Oh and by the way, we tried it a few more time just to make sure it was not working. Any way of fixing this issue I really want to finish the tall tales.

• For anybody having this problem, apparently Briggsy has been known to only go to Wanderer’s Refuge, Discovery Ridge, The Crooked Masts, Cannon Cove, Mermaid’s Hideaway, Shipwreck Bay, and Kraken’s Fall. So if you don't have the compass this'll at least narrow it down a bit.

• Although the bug sucks, it doesn't mean that your Tall Tale has failed. There's 9 islands she can be at, and if you have a little patience, you can find her! She can be found on Cannon Cove, Discovery Ridge, Kraken's Fall, Lone Cove, Mermaid's Hideaway, Shipwreck Bay, The Crooked Masts or Wanderer's Refuge.

I just did this myself, and found her on the 5th island - so don't give up!!!

• Hey all,

I also had this problem with my crew and decided to troubleshoot, myself.

You, or your crew, should not sell anything as it seems to break the animation. Once the animation is over and you have the item in your map wheel (E on PC / RB on XB1) then you can resume selling things.

I'll do more testing over the next few days to see if I can have something a bit more conclusive.

Feel free to message me on XBL!

• @ixrainshadowxi did this as well and it was the fifth island as well. (Doesn’t mean it’s always on the fifth island you visit) So i can confirm it’s working.

• Had this happen to us right now. We let her do the animation, but when she finished, the compass disappeared and we didn't get a chance to collect it. It's not in our person and not in the box.

• Can't speak to a full solution once the compass gets bugged but I can confirm that the full quest line is not completely bugged at this point. The location of Briggsy still gets populated in your instance.

My compass got bugged but instead of restarting the quest line, I decided to sail around and collect the journals. I ended up at Kraken's Fall and much to my delight, Ole Briggsy was there talkin' the typical mess. Killed her and turned in the skull with a successful completion.

Outside of this Tall Tale, I did also notice that some images were failing to appear on the table in the vault for the Shroudbreaker Tall Tale. Seems like if you're doing Tall Tales right now, you may want to take place in the narrative to avoid potential bugs.

• @irstrath said in Enchanted Compass Bug in The Cursed Rogue:

Hey all,

I also had this problem with my crew and decided to troubleshoot, myself.

You, or your crew, should not sell anything as it seems to break the animation. Once the animation is over and you have the item in your map wheel (E on PC / RB on XB1) then you can resume selling things.

I'll do more testing over the next few days to see if I can have something a bit more conclusive.

Feel free to message me on XBL!

I did some more testing over the last 2 days and unfortunately I can confirm this extends to Wild Rose as well.

I've found that it very consistently breaks if you sell the quest chest or if you sell anything else to the ritual caster (Olivia or Olive). It works mostly with interacting with other merchants.

I also found that if you go outside of a certain distance (cannot test exact distance) from the ritual caster it also breaks.

Best workaround at the moment is just sit and wait for everything to finish, unfortunately.

• I posted a trouble ticket about it and they responded to no avail. I hope they patch this in the new update

• Well damn just happened to me too. Gunna go put up a ticket.

• You know what I don't get every time the part of a quest finishes the next part just spawns in the inventory but this time I wanted to catch this ship that got attacked by the kraken but when I realized the compass wasn't in my inventory and Olivia didn't have it just ruined my experience and no one wanted to continue

• We are experiencing this as well. Windows 10 store game.

• Same thing happened to me. Took me a whole hour to do the mission and she doesnt give the compass. I'm not really liking this game

Views
16 out of 47