Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz

• @steppingfish438 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr ya I can only get to a 2 streak

With 50 % winrate and lowering at streak 2 it would take you approx. 426 battles (average of 10 000 simulations) to get to level 100. Less than that if you would sell emissary flags.

And if you will get better, it's 361 battles with 60 % winrate.

• @targasbr said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@steppingfish438 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr same. Only reason I'm wasting my time with this mode is to just get the curses then I'm going back to stealing loot,and sinking pvers doing events

It's clear that you're not a PvP player, so I don't think you should take the curse.

Or one that only participates in it when the other party is not as good or otherwise occupied/distracted as he indicates in the quote that I highlighted.

• I say by season 10 or 11 they may add in an “extra” pve way to earn them. Mind you it may take longer to balance out the fairness but it could be a thing.

After all it silly yes to lock something everyone has been wanting behind a mod not everyone wants to enjoys doing.

• @dlchief58 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@foambreaker said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@ajm123 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

It's not that hard keep trying its not supposed to be easy

So pixel macho!

It is not about hard, it is about the total waste of a lot of time for a small reward.

If you feel it is a "small reward" then why are you complaining here about it? If it is a "small reward" in your opinion, then you should have no problem letting go of it since you think it is a "total waste of time".

Asking for change is hardly complaining. By your logic why would anyone post?

• @dlchief58 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@steppingfish438 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr same. Only reason I'm wasting my time with this mode is to just get the curses then I'm going back to stealing loot,and sinking pvers doing events

It's clear that you're not a PvP player, so I don't think you should take the curse.

Or one that only participates in it when the other party is not as good or otherwise occupied/distracted as he indicates in the quote that I highlighted.

Oh more stupid toxic pixel macho "PvPers vs PvEers" talk.

Most normal people call them CUSTOMERS.

• @ghutar que time and match length are not fixed variables though so

• @foambreaker said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@dlchief58 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@foambreaker said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@ajm123 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

So pixel macho!

It is not about hard, it is about the total waste of a lot of time for a small reward.

If you feel it is a "small reward" then why are you complaining here about it? If it is a "small reward" in your opinion, then you should have no problem letting go of it since you think it is a "total waste of time".

Because the majority of those complaining about this frame is as "one of the most requested cosmetics" as their justification to gimp the requirements. Since you think it is a "small reward" you should have no complaints.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

• @foambreaker said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@dlchief58 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

Oh more stupid toxic pixel macho "PvPers vs PvEers" talk.

Most normal people call them CUSTOMERS.

Tough talk from someone that only participates in PvP with unwilling participants (and has the gall to gloat about it). Again just calling out your hypocrisy, and nothing in my post is remotely "more stupid toxic pixel macho "PvPers vs PvEers" talk" - that is just your own gaslighting there bub.

• A bigger issue for me than the grind to 100 is that on the commendation card you have to buy all 5 figure heads... Well they get better as the levels go up so you could just skip buying the uglier cheaper ones and just buy the best looking one. But then that title card is going to show 1/5... That will hurt the OCD. Even for someone who has no intention on 100% the commendations for the hourglass that is one part of the card that kinda shouldn't exist but for some reason they felt obligated to put it since the grind to 100 basically has nothing else but the figure heads? They should have had more levels of curses at least and maybe unlocked the hideout stuff at 50. Maybe the old PL curse at 50 and you unlock the full thing at 100? I dunno. Either way I think the reward structure of the hourglass as a whole needs to be reward. Because for most none of it is enjoyable to grind and doesn't even feel rewarding when you do unlock it. Though most of the things in this game have such lengthy tasks to unlock that by the time you finally get it you are more like "Thank GOD that's over" instead of what you want to feel which is "Yay I finally got it!!!" It's like they always look at what they think a reasonable grind might be... Then x2 to make sure people can't unlock it too fast. I still haven't done my 100 gold hoarder vaults. Or finished 100 LoTV mainly because I refuse to play when there's no ledger rewards to work on. Not going to grind out a 100% on something just to then have to grind it more for ledgers. If only ledgers were updated monthly instead of this obsession with adding time limited tall tales as a reason to login once a month...

So pixel macho!

Because the majority of those complaining about this frame is as "one of the most requested cosmetics" as their justification to gimp the requirements. Since you think it is a "small reward" you should have no complaints.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

That's just ridiculous, just because it is a small reward doesn't mean I should write it off. It is not worth the effort.

A feature like this should have had that reward after maybe 20 hours effort, the 100 hours worth of effort should have been something much bigger, like a ship. I spent less than 100 hours getting the sloop, brig and gally. COSTUMES do not come close to 3 ships in value. Especially the green one.

• @steppingfish438 Hardly disagree. The curses would be alot less valuable if it wasn't lvl 100. It's good as it is, or in no time everyone would have it. Why not make it so you have everything from the moment you log in? Because you want to earn it all without doing anything for it.

• Trash mode is trash. Why torture yourself? Rare hates casuals and wants you to quit or suffer. Stop feeding the jerks and ignore it.

Or 2%... lol

• @pithyrumble said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

Trash mode is trash. Why torture yourself? Rare hates casuals and wants you to quit or suffer. Stop feeding the jerks and ignore it.

Or 2%... lol

I think it's that they long have had a thing about tying unpleasant to significance and effort. Throughout the game's history it's a lot of pushing people to do stuff they didn't want to do in order to create significance

I think it took them a long time to realize that it doesn't necessarily need to be ultra unfun or unpleasant to hold significance

It's been a bit of a 2 steps forward and 1 step back journey but they have improved in some ways. Newer faction voyages, seasonal rewards, some of the events have improved.

On this new content I think they just went bubble mode on it with the partners and that doesn't end well in a game like this.

Hopefully the content on the horizon is another 2 steps forward, or at least 1.

• @wolfmanbush

2% is coming. Good luck finding a match let alone winning.

• @steppingfish438 it's not supposed to be a grind fest either

Yes, yes it is. Set small goals a level or two a day. Link up with some LFG peeps. Take a break from it when you get stressed. You’ll get there bro 😎

• @lordqulex said That is akin to punishing the loser for trying their best and the game mode is losing players because of that. That needs to be fixed somehow.

When is losing rewarded?

• @jolly-ol-yep said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@TargasBR a dit :

If you're doing it for the reward and not the fun, I'm sorry to say, but you're playing it wrong.

Says some random on the interner. Sorry I intend to play this game I bought exactly how I want, regardless of your opinion on the matter.
    Why would I do it for fun when it's mostly not fair nor balanced, thus not enjoyable ?
    The PvP is fun. The grind is not and I intend to quit as soon as I get lvl 200 and get the comms in both factions. I'm really sorry if that goes against your principle but I don't care and I don't see why I should, in fact.

"Give me what I want or I'll start being aggressive with people who disagree with me" Said someone who still didn't understand the game's proposal.
    If you enjoy PvP just PvP until you get the curses. I know players who even at level 1000 keep playing.

@targasbr a dit :

In the title you said "The mode is supposed to be fun"... You want the curse or the fun?
    That's the whole point. We want both. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

When you are no longer having fun in PvP do something else. Sea of ​​Thieves has a world of things to do and explore, you don't have to focus on one goal just to get a virtual outfit.

• @ondrejbakan

I don’t get your numbers! My win rate is probably around 55% and I’m level 90 on guardians so it would take actually less wins.

Moreover I went for the first 10 streak sometimes so I have lost even hourglasses full of 8-9 won fights (pity).

This all to support the fact that the grind is real but not impossibile.

I want to add that I’ve got 700 hours and I’m definitely not a sweat.

• @targasbr a dit dans Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz :

@jolly-ol-yep said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@TargasBR a dit :

If you're doing it for the reward and not the fun, I'm sorry to say, but you're playing it wrong.

Says some random on the interner. Sorry I intend to play this game I bought exactly how I want, regardless of your opinion on the matter.
    Why would I do it for fun when it's mostly not fair nor balanced, thus not enjoyable ?
    The PvP is fun. The grind is not and I intend to quit as soon as I get lvl 200 and get the comms in both factions. I'm really sorry if that goes against your principle but I don't care and I don't see why I should, in fact.

"Give me what I want or I'll start being aggressive with people who disagree with me" Said someone who still didn't understand the game's proposal.
    If you enjoy PvP just PvP until you get the curses. I know players who even at level 1000 keep playing.

I got the curses. All I'm saying is maybe there shouldn't be thousands of levels already 2 months in between top-tier and lower players. A slightly better distribution of XP could be appreciated cause now it's like the real world : 1% capitalising on the XP provided by the 99%.

And I will be playing SoT after I get what I want. It's my favourite game. Might even go back to HG sometimes if I can't find organic PvP which I prefer, we'll see...

Anyway.... Don't see how or where I was "agressive" here.... Must be my frenchness I guess (for real)

@targasbr a dit :

In the title you said "The mode is supposed to be fun"... You want the curse or the fun?

When you are no longer having fun in PvP do something else. Sea of ​​Thieves has a world of things to do and explore, you don't have to focus on one goal just to get a virtual outfit.

You don't read ? I said I was having fun PvPing.

Those "how to play" advice are outrageous.

You don't know me. Don't assume or suggest my playstyle please. I did EVERYTHING already, it's just normal that I work on something I haven't unlocked yet, no ?

Anyway, the "you should"s and "you don't have to"s have no place in these forums. People play - and they should - how they want, hopefully. Don't worry about me, I just play something else when it gets too stressful and demanding. But what I don't do is go around tell people they shoudn't be doing what they are because they don't have the skin tough enough for it. That'd be way too condescending in my opinion. Instead I try to sympathise with their suffering and come up with ideas to improve the pain they're experiencing.

But I must be the bad guy, sure.

• @jolly-ol-yep said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@targasbr a dit dans Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz :

@jolly-ol-yep said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@TargasBR a dit :

I got the curses. All I'm saying is maybe there shouldn't be thousands of levels already 2 months in between top-tier and lower players. A slightly better distribution of XP could be appreciated cause now it's like the real world : 1% capitalising on the XP provided by the 99%.

And I will be playing SoT after I get what I want. It's my favourite game. Might even go back to HG sometimes if I can't find organic PvP which I prefer, we'll see...

Without thousands of levels, we wouldn't have the separation of who really deserves the curses.
    Getting lvl 100 is easy, but only those really committed and who like PvP will reach 1000.
    This is where we separate the boys from the men.

Anyway.... Don't see how or where I was "agressive" here.... Must be my frenchness I guess (for real)

Here:

@targasbr a dit :

You don't read ? I said I was having fun PvPing.

Those "how to play" advice are outrageous.

You don't know me. Don't assume or suggest my playstyle please. I did EVERYTHING already, it's just normal that I work on something I haven't unlocked yet, no ?

Anyway, the "you should"s and "you don't have to"s have no place in these forums. People play - and they should - how they want, hopefully. Don't worry about me, I just play something else when it gets too stressful and demanding. But what I don't do is go around tell people they shoudn't be doing what they are because they don't have the skin tough enough for it. That'd be way too condescending in my opinion. Instead I try to sympathise with their suffering and come up with ideas to improve the pain they're experiencing.

But I must be the bad guy, sure.

There's no point in complaining if you're enjoying the game.
    Just play the game, have fun. The rest comes with time.

• @targasbr a dit dans Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz :

Without thousands of levels, we wouldn't have the separation of who really deserves the curses.
    Getting lvl 100 is easy, but only those really committed and who like PvP will reach 1000.

So I guess the real point is :
    Do losers deserve the curses ? Or only winners ?

I think you might tend to the 1st one while I prefer everyone realistically having a chance to get it before 2026.

Well that contradicts what you just said....

Just let the boys have their curses then.

@targasbr a dit dans Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz :

So I guess the real point is :
    Do losers deserve the curses ? Or only winners ?

Only winners. I've always made it clear that I'm against giving experience to those who were defeated, but unfortunately I'm not the one who develops this game and I can't decide that.

I think you might tend to the 1st one while I prefer everyone realistically having a chance to get it before 2026.

Well that contradicts what you just said....

Just let the boys have their curses then.

Those who really deserve it will get it, even if it's only in 2030.

• @lordqulex

Then Rare really messed up putting the curses here. The curses have been the #1 requested cosmetic since inception and they knew people would drop everything to get them. If we were supposed to enjoy the game mode they'd have put a different reward there. They intentionally put the curses behind the game mode to attract players to it, but they really hurt themselves in the process because the pirates that don't like PVP will simply quit the game mode after grinding the curses. Rare did this to themselves and now we're all just grinding them out as fast as we can before hourglass is retired like arena was when no one plays it anymore.

Another thing that people consider when they put something on in the game is how hard it was to get. If the curses were a relatively small grind, then the only reason you would have them on is for roleplay (they remove a lot of your "adventure-in-the-clothes"; being a skeleton removes everything but equipment and titles, being a ghost makes everything look a little more same-y, which isn't bad but makes it hard to distinguish between cosmetics).

They intentionally put the curses behind the game mode to attract players to it, but they really hurt themselves in the process because the pirates that don't like PVP will simply quit the game mode after grinding the curses.

Sure - but at least Rare is forcing players to come to terms with the fact that PvP isn't frowned upon by the developers. That has been a much needed change to this game. If some players don't want to interact with PvP much, they'll get a curse eventually. If they don't want to PvP at all, then they're not acknowledging half of the game and therefore I don't think they need catered to (they already benefit from having to deal with less hardcore PvPers).

• @jolly-ol-yep

I won't even comment on the "exclusivity" thing here, this is childish. Picture yourself in real life checking every people's clothes and you'll see how ridiculous you sound here.

Couldn't I say the same kind of thing about those who want the curses earlier than they are now? All I'm saying is that both sides are motivated by the same morals and the ones who spent the time grinding are not the villains.

Loss farmers make progress too. Dice rollers make progress too. They invest their time, which is only thing ANY cosmetic in the game is ever gonna account for. Not skill, not knowledge, not elitism, only time.

To some extent, yes. Why does that matter?

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but some cheesers out there already have the lvl 1000 curses. What are you gonna do ? Ask Rare to be even more punishing to those of us who are doing it fair ?

Why would that disappoint me? Why would I do anything about it? If they put in the time, they deserve the reward. If they cheated, they should be punished. Otherwise, it's out of my hands (although the change to make 200 and 1000 harder came from nowhere and I don't think any reasonable person asked for that).

Your realise I could make the exact same argument about how you're supposed to enjoy going to the Shores of Gold kill the Gold Hoarder a sixth time ?

You can't, because Tall Tale 9 is not a new system/way to play that was added to the game. It's a very, very specific activity. Let me put it this way: a lot like to divide the playerbase into playstyles. Some are adventurers, some are fighters, some are grinders. There are no "Shores of Gold Tall Tale 9"ers.
    Listen to SoT's most recent podcast. They described hourglass PvP as "a platform that we can build on in the future". Tall Tale 9 is not a platform on which Rare can build on.

How can there be "supposed" way to play the game in what defines itself as a "SANDBOX" game where players make the rules.

It's a sandbox game with many different ways to play. When the developers make a new way to play the game, they design it with a certain playstyle in mind. You're free to play it any way you like, but in my opinion, you don't deserve the right to complain about it if you don't align with that playstyle. It's like asking for fishing to be faster because you dislike having to fish so much for the title. If you don't like fishing, why are you trying to change the reward criteria so you don't have to do it as much?

You're the one playing it wrong here, assuming your gamestyle is the only righteous one.

It's amazing how much you assumed about me after reading 6 sentences.

• @grumpyw01f said in [Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz

Sure - but at least Rare is forcing players to come to terms with the fact that PvP isn't frowned upon by the developers. That has been a much needed change to this game. If some players don't want to interact with PvP much, they'll get a curse eventually. If they don't want to PvP at all, then they're not acknowledging half of the game and therefore I don't think they need catered to (they already benefit from having to deal with less hardcore PvPers).

Very valid point, thank you for sharing!

• @lordqulex
    We may differ in our opinions, but your mild-tempered posts despite it all are always great to see. Your perspective, in my opinion, has been a big help for both sides to discuss their issues on hourglass PvP and continue to improve the mode.

• No, they don't need to do anything lol. It's SUPPOSED to be tough to get these curses. Just because PvE players aren't skilled enough to earn them, doesn't mean Rare needs to lower the difficulty.

• @steppingfish438 it’s not meant to be easy and it’s not meant for the average pve’er. It’s a pvp mode that’s already been buffed on the amount of xp you gain from losing. In what adventure do you gain xp from losing?! They’ve already made it easier for the average player. So log in and take the L’s if you can’t get the W’s. Sometimes you have to work for things you really want…that’s life!

Good luck out there

• @vito1700 a dit dans Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz :

In what adventure do you gain xp from losing?!

In good, well-balanced games.

In Overwatch 1 for example. You'd get the same XP as a win, roughly. The winners getting some bonus. They understood a competitive mode need winners AND losers to enjoy the process.

In rogue-like games, too. The whole point of these games is to lose, to have a slightly better time next session.

In SoT, if you "lose" during a Tall Tale, you still get the checkpoint....

Any more examples ?

Video games reward losers because they're self aware, they know they are not real life, that the goal is entertainment and that they need players to survive.

Enjoy the seas when there'll be only 3 crews sailing them.

• @steppingfish438 said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

They either need to lower the levels instead of 100. Or buff the amount of rep/levels we get by winning and losing.

P.s who cares if we get the curses faster. The mode is for pvp not a grind fest.

The point is to keep the mode populated for as long as possible and to make those curses a rare sight to see. What would be the point to have this fancy end game cosmetic content if 85% of the playerbase is running around as ghosts and skeletons within the first 3-4 months of this mode's release?

Oh and before us casuals get told by players that say get better 😂 I got news for them. We try every day bros and get stressed out.

Same for people who get stressed out by the many PvE grinds that have cosmetics hard locked behind them.

So plz rare do something. It's not enjoyable and unfair for the average playerbase that wants the curse but are forced to do pvp to get it. P.s I'm a pvper/'pver

I would argue it's not enjoyable to make the average playerbase that looks at 90% of the game's exclusive cosmetics to grind out mind numbingly repetitive PvE either. It's just as bad a feeling as it is for someone who isn't in to PvP but wants the PvP curses.

In my opinion all exclusive cosmetic content in the game should have both PvE and PvP unlock paths. That way you reduce the feeling of grind for as many players as possible. Those who vibe with PvE have a PvE unlock path and those who vibe with PvP have a PvP path.

• @vakrisone you have a great point there. And I have to agree with ya

• @steppingfish438 to be honest the game is so much easier now. back in the day everything was a serious grind, lvl 100 is nothing compared to the Athena grind to max lvl originally., or the sea dogs grind, or the gold curse grind before check points. the hunters call grind..etc. its sea of grind brother, or at least used to be. i mean its still a grind but on a much more tolerable level. with that being said lv 100 is a cake walk.

• @ghostpaw said in Rare. Fix the mode plz. 100 is just too much of a grind. The mode is supposed to be fun not a grind fest bros. So do something plz:

@steppingfish438 Just play the mode if you enjoy it. Don’t grind. It will happen over time.

This is how everyone should play every game. If a game starts feeling like a grind and isn’t fun anymore, stop playing. We play games for fun, to relax. When you force yourself to play, there’s a problem.

貼文
觀看數
頁數 96/103