The longest battle

• I decided to try doing solo sloop to improve my PVP and at the same time use the least amount of time to resupply decided to go with Servant's of the flame cause they had the least queue (truthfully) was the whole day just voting for the PVP content voting for the find match and I could barely walk around the ship before I was being matched against someone else.
    In one of these battles I was fighting someone with a skill similar to mine a bit better on the cannons, we spawned just next to the Sea Dogs Tavern we started ducking out with the cannons.
    I ran out of cannon balls pretty fast with almost no shots on the ship with how wild the sea was we were switching between being on the top of the waves and I couldn't get a bead on his ship.
    Ran out of cannon balls so started going around trying to find where to resupply.
    My opponent seemed to be trying to do the same cause he went to an island on the opposite side of the arena instead of chasing me, while I went to the Sea Dogs taverns.
    I remember they had barrels got there no luck 7 cannon balls, no cannon ball barrel in sight and I was already stretching myself into the Border of the arena.
    I spotted a shipwright, I was in a captained ship. LUCKY!!!
    Lunged to it but the ship was too far away, got the ship closer inch by inch trying to get the shipwright to stop saying it was too far.
    Got it buy more cannon balls and planks, I went from 0 cannon balls to 37... That was a waste of time, my opponent was still on the other side of the map, decide to take a quick bathroom break come back he's still in the other side of the arena.
    Ok, I'm confortable and ready, let's go!
    We start fighting again I start to use the cannon balls more sparingly but I still run out of them.
    I harpoon him but get killed instead cause I didn't prepare the blunder.
    Fortunately, I have been doing repairs sparingly so had plenty of planks and when I respawn I find my ship on fire terrible luck... for him!
    I spawned on the bottom deck so I could bucket the water into a fire without having to care about damaging or exposing myself, he runs through the fire to try to get at me but I kill him instead thanks to the fire softening him up for me.
    Repair everything and the ship is almost like new.
    But I notice he beached me into the Reapers hideout what luck because otherwise I would have deserted the arena.
    Suddenly, World Event!!! Fleet Battle!!!
    I praised RNGesus for this small miracle cause now, he had to deal with skeleton sloop and a skeleton galleon now while I had more than enough time to get back into the arena.
    I had no cannon balls so my only chance now is to either ram my ship into him and out repair him or drive him out of the border of the map.
    Tried to use skeleton fights to my advantage but at the end all it did was make him use up the rest of the cannon balls he had.
    We were now doing a fight to see who could push the enemy sloop out of the arena.
    Thanks to the Sea Dogs Tavern I learned it's not about time, but distance so I knew all I had to do is get close to him defeat him anchor my sloop if he was pushing me and turn around.
    Final battle was on his sloop he had his sails raised and anchor dropped because of the skeleton cursed balls.
    First trip I get the sails dropped fight him and die.
    Second trip I kill him then get the anchor up, now the race was on we were both fighting on his sloop trying to keep it going where we wanted to, I'm grabbing the wheel to keep it going out, I'm grabbing the anchor to prevent it from falling.
    At the end after this battle I am able to drive his ship fully out and get expelled out of it due to the hourglass explosion.

Morale of this story there's not enough cannon balls for the amount of planks you can get.

貼文
    觀看數
    feedback
  • did you have fun? you plan on sticking with solo?

the long solo fights really are unique, it's an interesting experience imo

I've played as a solo for a looooong time and I've been in a lot of fights but these solo fights with the new content are quite different when dealing with these long fights. Quite exhausting and intense.

• @wolfmanbush said in The longest battle:

did you have fun? you plan on sticking with solo?

the long solo fights really are unique, it's an interesting experience imo

I've played as a solo for a looooong time and I've been in a lot of fights but these solo fights with the new content are quite different when dealing with these long fights. Quite exhausting and intense.

Indeed, I went there to the expectation of playing fast and dirty but then my solo sloop PVE insticts kick in and I start running around trying to figure out what is the best way to get the opponent killed, in an earlier fight I literally signalled a Reaper 4 that appeared on map to help me defeat the Guardian which luckily had treasure to appease cause that sloop was over skilled I couldn't get my cannons turned to him no matter how I moved the sails or the wheel and when we went against it, he was almost kicking our derriere on a 2v1 but with the second sloop I was able to get more aggressive and take the heat off the other reaper because he got completely wrecked the moment he got on the other sloop broadside and we were able to sink him and he got the treasure while I went back into the queue.

貼文
觀看數
feedback
頁數 2/3