PVP trinkets

• This is me recycling a reply I made. Yep.

Rare understandably can't add any PVP milestones as it would make this sandbox game a spawncamp every crew you see death match.

However... There are a lot of unused potential trinkets.

The seadog tavern is a beatiful place. And it has a lot of paintings in it that can be rewarded for past glorious deeds. This would be a great way to reward some arena lovers.

Level 5 seadogs: Lesedi on the helm painting. (Inside and outside the tavern in Amaranta's lair)

Level 10 seadogs: Seadogs building the parkour course painting (inside the tavern)

Level 25 seadogs: Lesedi and DeMarco with a chest painting (inside the tavern)

Level 50 seadogs: The Good Boy galleon painting (outside the tavern)

Iron Sea Dog: Ramsey holding ancient chains painting. (Inside the tavern)

Glorious Sea Dog: DeMarco announcing the opening of arena painting. (Inside and outside the tavern in Amaranta's lair)

Triumphant Sea Dog: Ramsey, The Noble Pirate Lord in his flesh standing in front of his ship crest painting. (Inside the tavern)

These are all already made assets and just throwing them into the trash bin doesn't seem right.

I think this is a great way to have a use for them.

貼文
    觀看數
  • For this specifically I don't have an issue with it as they literally lost their mode of preferred play (at least part of the time)

The issue being is that is opens up a can of worms for all kinds of different requests but for me personally I empathize with a type of play being shut down and don't have an issue making exceptions for situations like that.

For current pvp activity they could add something for solo pvpers and for crew pvpers and rather than tie it to specific activity just let people buy it with a large amount of gold and represent what they want. It's difficult to create goals for pvp that are not easy to cheese and not incentives to take out low challenge targets so just let them represent what they identify with and let the performance work out the rest.

• @thorumsu said in PVP trinkets:

The seadog tavern is a beatiful place. And it has a lot of paintings in it that can be rewarded for past glorious deeds. This would be a great way to reward some arena lovers.

Hard no on this if you ask me. Because with that you would create something new that you can only get if you have done something in that past when you didn't even know this was coming. That is very unfair for people who might want that trinket, but didn't want to play arena for just the commendations (because they didn't know that they could also win a trinket for it many months later) or for people who are new and never got to play arena, while the trinket is added now (and not then). If you add something you should always be able to earn it at that moment. It should never be for something you should have done in that past and can't do anymore, since then people can't even adjust their gameplay to unlock the new stuff.

If you would suggest that you can earn paintings based on the pictures from achievements you can still get by unlocking that achievement, then i would be in favour of it though.

• past glorious deeds

What about the people who did no glorious deeds?

• @wolfmanbush They already opened that can of worms with the shrouded ghost trinket.

Plus, I don't see the harm in them adding trinkets for other grindy commendations in addition to the ones they added for milestones. Had they done that to begin with, it may have softened the blow of having stats reset.

Edit: Nvm, I think we were thinking different cans of worms lol.

PvP commendations/milestones won't make sense in Adventure & OP pointed out why. His request is different. Not PvP trinkets, but Arena trinkets. Title probably should have reflected that more accurately.

• Well, Rare could repurpose seadogs taven for some thing like a new faction. Captain falcores vid on this was great or a new world even where TDM occurs on the taven counts but not on ships.

What I would like is to be able to place a model of my ship on another crew's table after tucking on them for 5 min.

• @burnbacon, PVP trinkets içinde yazdı:

past glorious deeds

What about the people who did no glorious deeds?

They don't get it.

All assets are already made. All they need to do is make them trinkets. Much better than letting them rot in a deleted place.

• @super87ghost, PVP trinkets içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu said in PVP trinkets:

Hard no on this if you ask me. Because with that you would create something new that you can only get if you have done something in that past when you didn't even know this was coming. That is very unfair for people who might want that trinket, but didn't want to play arena for just the commendations (because they didn't know that they could also win a trinket for it many months later) or for people who are new and never got to play arena, while the trinket is added now (and not then). If you add something you should always be able to earn it at that moment. It should never be for something you should have done in that past and can't do anymore, since then people can't even adjust their gameplay to unlock the new stuff.

If you would suggest that you can earn paintings based on the pictures from achievements you can still get by unlocking that achievement, then i would be in favour of it though.

COUGH COUGH, Year 1 pirate legend gear (anyone who got pirate legend before the anniversary update got some sick gear).

They never told anyone about them before the anniversary update did they?

This is something they did before.

And it is fitting that those who enjoyed arena gets the decorations of the seadog tavern.

• @theblackbellamy said in PVP trinkets:

@wolfmanbush They already opened that can of worms with the shrouded ghost trinket.

But that one can still be gotten now, Arena trinkets can't.

Plus, I don't see the harm in them adding trinkets for other grindy commendations in addition to the ones they added for milestones. Had they done that to begin with, it may have softened the blow of having stats reset.

Stats didn't reset ... milestone stats started at 0 for everyone, people still have stats for pre-captaincy achievements & commendations.

I think they should have more added things for commendations at the start and not just the one for the Shrouded Ghost, not sure about adding them now. People will only be asking for more trinkets for other commendations.

Edit: Nvm, I think we were thinking different cans of worms lol.

PvP commendations/milestones won't make sense in Adventure & OP pointed out why. His request is different. Not PvP trinkets, but Arena trinkets. Title probably should have reflected that more accurately.

Arena trinkets on Adventure Captained ships don't make sense either.

No more effort for Arena - only closing topics and perhaps in a distant future releasing that one set (The Midnight Prowl), though that might even not be Arena related.

• @lem0n-curry

So throw all the cool and already made paintings into the trash bin?

• @lem0n-curry, PVP trinkets içinde yazdı:

@theblackbellamy said in PVP trinkets:

@wolfmanbush They already opened that can of worms with the shrouded ghost trinket.

But that one can still be gotten now, Arena trinkets can't.

They did this with Year 1 Pirate Legend gear. Why not do it with arena instead of leaving these paintings to dust?

@lem0n-curry

So throw all the cool and already made paintings into the trash bin?

Didn't say that at all.

No more effort for Arena - only closing topics and perhaps in a distant future releasing that one set (The Midnight Prowl), though that might even not be Arena related.

That's throwing them to the trash bin @lem0n-curry

@lem0n-curry, PVP trinkets içinde yazdı:

These paintings can be used as a reward for other things can't they ?

How would that make any sens-

Oh wait, we also get Reaper cosmetics for working with Ramsey...

Still, what is wrong with pulling up a year 1 PL gear trick and award arena players?

As I said, it is done before.

How would that make any sens-

Oh wait, we also get Reaper cosmetics for working with Ramsey...

Still, what is wrong with pulling up a year 1 PL gear trick and award arena players?

As I said, it is done before.

It's been a while, but I think there was negativity around it, like, "If I would know I would get a reward , I would have put more effort into reaching PL earlier ...".

What is the use of rewarding for things that can't be earned anymore. They probably get more playtime for adding stuff available to every player now.

• A trinket they could add would be like idk "cursed cannonballs shot" or "ashen winds skulls used one players" like something that promotes pvp but not spawn camping. also off topic but I hope they add more trinkets for the Ill-fated

• @shady-espresso

I think you did not read my post and commented from the title mate.

Why did you even bring up Bonecrusher stuff like...

WHY THE-

Ahem... I am just a little confused.

What does this post have anything to do with this?

• This post is literally about reusing arena decorations. Not adding new trinkets or bringing back some OG stuff.

• I feel like every single instance someone tries to suggest something be a representative of PvP skill it becomes a landmine of "how should it be obtained" to "I want to flex that I've done a lot of PvP (and I'm probably good at it grr!)"

Flex gear based on PvP just leads to worse egos clashing on the seas, bad enough we have veteran arena players sickened that "cowardly" Reapers put on Triumphant Sea Dog cosmetics and without much provocation, rush directly to the Devil's Shroud without delivering or receiving a tough broadside amongst their adversaries, we really don't need anymore cosmetics that represent "being avid at PvP".

• @nex-stargaze, PVP trinkets içinde yazdı:

I feel like every single instance someone tries to suggest something be a representative of PvP skill it becomes a landmine of "how should it be obtained" to "I want to flex that I've done a lot of PvP (and I'm probably good at it grr!)"

Flex gear based on PvP just leads to worse egos clashing on the seas, bad enough we have veteran arena players sickened that "cowardly" Reapers put on Triumphant Sea Dog cosmetics and without much provocation, rush directly to the Devil's Shroud without delivering or receiving a tough broadside amongst their adversaries, we really don't need anymore cosmetics that represent "being avid at PvP".

This post is still not about that though. The title is like that to be more interesting. And any PVP stuff can be cheesed by alliance servers. Even arena.

I am not recommending PVP trinkets, I am recommending to reuse the arena decorations for past arena lovers.

The assets there are awesome and would be a great waste to throw into the trashbin.

貼文
觀看數
頁數 15/22