Hunters call voyages?

• Okokokk I'm pirate legend, have maxed out and deleted pirates, and only once in my lifetime have I ever grinded hunters call.

It's a GRIND and a half to do hunters call, so maybbee just maybe there should voyages for them?

Idea:

• hotspot quest: sail to the market or hinted location to fish, there will be a "hotspot" there where fish congregate

• megalodon: similar to the shrouded ghost event, sail to the marked or hinted spot and fight the megalodon (won't be a shrouded ghost just a lower level megalodon)

• fish scvanager: sail to the island or shipwreck to uncover any fish that was being transported when it sank!

Idk I feel like these quests could be useful as the only way that I know of to level up hunters call is hours of fishing.

貼文
    觀看數
  • I agree with this

• @honeycrisp1 fishing and gems. hc is easy to level up. its a grind to get legendary hunter.

We had fishing voyages once. they were terrible.

• @honeycrisp1 said in Hunters call voyages?:

Idk I feel like these quests could be useful as the only way that I know of to level up hunters call is hours of fishing.

I’ve done minimal fishing in this game. I’ve gotten almost all my fish from looting shipwrecks, rowboats and water drop barrels. I would also make a point to do Thieves Haven runs on double xp weekends and feed Hunters Call the gems.

• @hawkeye99
    I agree but I feel these voyages would be fun, even if they didn't add too much to the game in way of variety of ways to get hunters call rep.

Also a lot of the ways to farm hunters call loot is luck based so it can be frustrating, idk I feel that if hunters call had a bit more to people would enjoy it more than it just being a way to max out the game.

• I admit I deleted all my hunters call voyages without even attempting to complete them. From what I understood they were just kind of like a fishing tutorial kinda voyage to teach you about what kinda fish spawned where? I don't even remember when they happened if it was part of the holiday event calendar when they gave us a new voyage every day we logged in.

Point being they did exist in some capacity but they never did anything with it. Considering the map boards exist at sea posts would make sense that they could allow us to pick them up there. But yea the hunters call grind was crazy long. The sad thing is even if they gave us credit for our past hunters call progress in the captaincy update we wouldn't even have been halfway to some of these final trophies. Like their idea of a hunters call update was to take an already tedious grind and dial it up to 11. Even a voyage to catch X number of fish at an island and having the voyage down would prevent splashtails from spawning during the voyage would save a considerable amount of time.

Honestly I think fishing is something they aren't putting much work into at the moment. It has pretty much gone unchanged since its been added. The only change I think they have ever made is throwing the names above the fish so color blind people can now actually tell whats trying to bite... Even that took far too long to implement. So we can hope for an update to hunters call but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You could take the more passive approach to hunters call reputation anyway. Sell what ever meat you happen to come upon in ship wrecks and always check rowboat storage. Also gems can go to hunters call most people level it that way, and you can buy 1 level per month for doubloons. I cant say with certainty as I haven't tried it but perhaps breath of the sea can be sold to hunters call as well since they act like gems in terms of the other trade companies anyway.

Hunters call is a shining example of why I think deleting a pirate or leveling an alt seems like madness. Losing all that progress, all those cosmetics, just so you can get dopamine hits from seeing the reputation bars level up as you sell... We now have season progress as well as pirate & ship milestones for that and there are commendations to 100% as well. Would be nice if the game allowed you to pin commendations so maybe as you progressed you could see that bar go up to replace that feeling leveling reputation used to give.

• If they could find a way to make it fun and entertaining, I'd support 100%

• When they first released them to the game I was hoping it would give a variety of creatures to hunt of various rarity not just fish through hunting and tracking challenge and or have more seasonal rotation of creatures and fish to give them more value when trying to go after them.

• There could be new kraken varients too, maybe

• @honeycrisp1 as long as they reward everyone who is already level 50 hunter’s call before they set it to easy mode. Sure. Year one pirate legends got the gold unicorn figurehead. Maybe everyone who already hit 50 in hunters call (btw there are 2 times the amount of people with gold curse than there are people level 50 in hunters call) should get a special cosmetic. Personally I’m confused on why anyone who hit PL before the emissary system was created hasn’t gotten anything special for not being absolute cheesers.

貼文
觀看數
頁數 9/10