Rejoin Possibility for your own ship

貼文
    觀看數
    xbox onewindows 10feedbackgeneral
  • I would appreciate it very much if there is the possibility for the game to check if you are the captain of the ship so that if you were afk for too long or had to be offline for a short time and the crew invited you back to your ship

Or dont go AFK, the afk timer has been a thing for quiet awhile...so idk how players keep getting booted so much.
    and if you go offline, You pretty much "Docked" your ship and thus stopped being Captain of your own ship.

Being captain is just you starting a new adventure when you login and start up a session. You can't be voted back and reclaim something. That create a whole new "server alliance" cheese.

• @burnbacon sagte in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

I would appreciate it very much if there is the possibility for the game to check if you are the captain of the ship so that if you were afk for too long or had to be offline for a short time and the crew invited you back to your ship

Or dont go AFK, the afk timer has been a thing for quiet awhile...so idk how players keep getting booted so much.
    and if you go offline, You pretty much "Docked" your ship and thus stopped being Captain of your own ship.

Being captain is just you starting a new adventure when you login and start up a session. You can't be voted back and reclaim something. That create a whole new "server alliance" cheese.

There are also forced AFK moments and it would be a really sad if such a moment (which happens often) destroy the game session and reduce the fun in the game. Also, Rare said it's your ship. if you are briefly out of the session and back in the same session as before, then it would be stupid if you are not the captain of that ship again.

• @spocky1701 said in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

@burnbacon sagte in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

I would appreciate it very much if there is the possibility for the game to check if you are the captain of the ship so that if you were afk for too long or had to be offline for a short time and the crew invited you back to your ship

There are also forced AFK moments and it would be a really sad if such a moment (which happens often) destroy the game session and reduce the fun in the game. Also, Rare said it's your ship. if you are briefly out of the session and back in the same session as before, then it would be stupid if you are not the captain of that ship again.

I have to agree here. If you’re rejoining your own ship you should be appointed back as the Captain and the Milestones should continue to track from the moment you’re back into that session.

It doesn’t make sense how it’s currently set up. Life gets in the way, and the game now wants you to abandon your supplies/emissary/voyage/world event to back out and reload a new session just to continue progressing your Captain Ship you’re already standing on?

• Very good idea.

• Agree, my son and I were in a session last night on his first captained ship. He had been working the ship solo for awhile while my buddy and I finished up on another server. When we joined him his xbox party chat wasn't working right (he's on PC and we are on console). Usually a PC restart fixes this so he rebooted came back to the game on his own ship withing a couple of minutes and the rest of the night was no longer captain. That sucks.

• Let's try and think of ways this can potentially be abused - then you might have some of an idea as to why Rare set it up the way that they did.

• This seems to be a significant over site not being able to rejoin your own captained ship and your friends because you have to go AFK to for real-life issues that id say no matter how trivial take priority over and game for me that's a constant issue 3 kids and a disabled wife that need help doing almost anything should not be a reason to lose out on 2-4 hours of gameplay work with friends Athens quest or emissaries level 5 quest both take a long time and are fun to do and if the devs and or the higher ups can not see this as something that needs to be addressed doesn't deserve mine or any other person money in my opinion as this is not an issue on none captained ships and never has from my knowledge

• @galactic-geek Everything in the game could be abused. but for people who have to go afk maybe for 20 minutes for private reasons it is extremely unfair and no matter whether it can be abused or not. it is and remains a practical and very helpful feature. And a hazelnut beard error is a thing that can end your session too. But you can tell me how it could be abused if you can think of something specific.

• @nice-demonic said in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

@galactic-geek Everything in the game could be abused. but for people who have to go afk maybe for 20 minutes for private reasons it is extremely unfair and no matter whether it can be abused or not. it is and remains a practical and very helpful feature. And a hazelnut beard error is a thing that can end your session too. But you can tell me how it could be abused if you can think of something specific.

If you're going to be gone for 10+ minutes (much less 20), then perhaps that should take priority, and you should leave the game.

• I imagine there are probably issues with re-captaining a ship particularly when it comes to the milestones and also restricted or limited use items like purchasing supplies, etc.

• @galactic-geek Let's be real, everything is abused.

• @animeowl0807 said in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

@galactic-geek Let's be real, everything is abused.

Yes, and finding out how they are abused, as well as how we can fix it without breaking gameplay balance is how we can end up having better experiences - we're not just going to lay low like some yellow belly coward and give up!

It's like the law; it'll never fully stop crime, but it still makes everyone feel somewhat safer.

• @nice-demonic said in Rejoin Possibility for your own ship:

I would appreciate it very much if there is the possibility for the game to check if you are the captain of the ship so that if you were afk for too long or had to be offline for a short time and the crew invited you back to your ship, it would then automatically become a captain ship again. It would improve the game experience a lot.

I think some people misunderstood your suggestion as rejoining a session that no longer exists after you went offline. However I believe you're suggesting that if the captain leaves a bit but his crew is still sailing, he should regain captaincy of his own ship upon return again, correct me if I'm wrong.

That seems like a reasonable request, although the current implementation is that the ship reverts to a default ship once it sank. Reason being that the captain that owns the cosmetics isn't there anymore. It would be a bit weird if you come back and suddenly the cosmetics pop back on the ship.

Other than that I can understand that if it's still your ship there, you should be able to continue the milestones from the moment you rejoined again and be captain again. As long as you only gain something while you are online, I don't really see any big problem or possibility for abuse here.

• @fishst1ck you are right exactly the way you wrote it, i mean it too. I didn't know about the ship decorations and the sinking, thanks for mentioning that, but I think that Rare might get it programmed in such a way that things are there again when you're back in the session, you're right that it would be a bit strange if things came back all of a sudden but in sea of thieves a lot of things are weird at times so that shouldn't really be a problem.

貼文
觀看數
xbox onewindows 10feedbackgeneral
頁數 1/16