Please add friendly servers

• If servers with disabled PVP ever came about, I would absolutely play on them.

All I would do is dump your loot overboard while my crew picks it up with rowboats.

It's not like anyone could kill me to protect their loot or anything.

• @googoodan which only proves how limited your higher brain functions are if you honestly think you'd be allowed to pick up loot from another ship on a PvE designated server

• How has this post not been locked yet? 🤔

• 10 days, 200+ posts.
    On a subject we all know is a big 'No' and so many reasons why 'No'

• @a-few-moose

I'm not interested in PVP

Then you bought the wrong game if you wanted to avoid games with PvP in them.

When I lose everything after "working" for an hour or two, I stop playing.

Guess you aren't pirate enough to keep going, or defend your loot, then... : /

That side of the community drives people away.

It drives quitters away, yeah, the least loyal portion of the playerbase... Why would Rare cater to those who quit at the first sign of trouble? You bought the game, you knew there was PvP in it, complaining about it is ridiculous.

That's like signing up for a boxing match and complaining that someone's punching you, that's extremely stupid. ._.

• It's called sea of thieves for a reason, it's also a pirate game, might I add, you either sink them or get your loot stolen, simple as that, running away does nothing but make them want to tuck, get over it, I steal loot from players that run all the time, and I enjoy doing it

• This whole thread is toxic chief. Big yikes.

• sea of THIEVES.
    the name says enough

• @arrestedsquid71 said in Please add friendly servers:

It's called sea of thieves for a reason, it's also a pirate game, might I add, you either sink them or get your loot stolen, simple as that, running away does nothing but make them want to tuck, get over it, I steal loot from players that run all the time, and I enjoy doing it

But making people chase after is so much fun. Do it all the time. Last night me and my friend were chased by a galleon for about an hour. We sailed to edge of map and they ended up sailing off of it lol. They had that reapers flag so we saw what island they respawned on, hilarious. They do get kudos though for being so determined.

• I agree. I feel the same way about Ori. They should take out all the enemies so i can just run through the game and enjoy myself without being killed. Why can't developers just change their game for me?

/s

• @travis354 said in Please add friendly servers:

So your not interested in pvp but you buy a game that focuses on pvp.

Sea of Thieves doesn't focus on PvP. It's a PvEvP. Which actually makes PvP an optional thing but it needs to always be allowed type of thing... Essentially, NO FRIENDLY SERVERS but still allow full blown alliance servers because it is a sandbox game after-all where the focus is about how player interact with each and work together or fight each other.

• @a-few-moose

Hi, I'm exactly like you ... after playing around using a random character for 2 days to understand the game mechanics, multiplayer and everything. I decided to restart and play on-course.

I spent 2 hours doing the first mission sailing from island to island, when I finally got the chest im looking for, it was time to go back and drop it at the servant of the pirate lord.

as I docked my ship at the outpost, a pirate was standing at the dock and he threw 2 blunder cannon balls w/e its called and im dead.

I respawned and again he was waiting on my ship to kill me again.

I lost my 2 hr play-time and that includes first mission completion as well as about 7 skulls and 8 crates.

How will I ever be able to play this game again ?

If i got attacked at the sea I would take that for granted.

But i already docked at the outpost im like 10 feet away from selling everything !!!!

• @sweltering-nick

At least block that PvP inside the outpost, my 2 hrs of doing a mission became a complete waste due to a freak sitting at the outpost and killing whoever gets there :)

I Completed my mission and I wanted to cross it off by putting the crate over there. like 10 feet away.

All PvP games will have a safe section and the outpost is the ideal place for that. a player shouldnt lose all of his progress if its this close to completion

• @elitefix3r187

At least block that PvP inside the outpost

The treasure isn't yours, until you cash it in... Docking at an outpost doesn't mean the treasure is yours, only when you sell your treasure for gold, is the treasure yours, not a second earlier.

Rare have officially rejected the idea of safe zones, multiple times, that's not happening. Get used to piracy, in a pirate game.

my 2 hrs of doing a mission became a complete waste due to a freak sitting at the outpost and killing whoever gets there :)

I've lost a 6 hour stash before, do you see me complaining? No, i decided to take the risk of hoarding treasure on my ship, i dropped by defenses, i was solely responsible for wasting 6 hours of my life.

It's called losing, it's part of what makes games, games... Deal with it.

I Completed my mission and I wanted to cross it off by putting the crate over there. like 10 feet away.

So close, and yet so far, next time don't die, and you will successfully finish your voyage.

All PvP games will have a safe section

Wrong, and also, this game doesn't, so your argument is invalid. Just cause some games have that, doesn't mean all games should have it, your argument makes no sense.

and the outpost is the ideal place for that.

No it's not, for reasons too many for me to bother listing right now... Long story short, it's highly abusable.

a player shouldnt lose all of his progress if its this close to completion

Yes he should, if he can't finish the job, the job is not done... Get the job done, and reap the rewards, don't finish the job, and you don't get the reward, simple as that.

• The option to play Adventure mode with PVP disabled would be fantastic, especially for players who just don't want to deal with troll-gankers.

• @elitefix3r187 You had a rough ending to your night. I suggest you first circle around the island looking for ships docked behind ( if it was an outpost like Plunder where its easy to hide behind) and also to look for mermaids. Also if the pirate was just standing on the dock that makes me think maybe did not scope out enough if you just pulled your ship straight up with the pirate standing there. These are little mistakes that many new players do and little mistakes in this game can lead to disaster.

I would say dont give up on the game, you will learn as you go along. Trust me we all have rough nights. The other night me and my crew had one and instead of getting mad we decided to sail our ship into an exploding volcano and played music while we sunk and were on fire. After that an adventure actually ensued. That is what is so great about this game, its so unpredictable.

• I think this is a good idea but needing all participating crews to raise the skull and crossbones flag before engaging in PvP would also work and not split up the player base

• @sweltering-nick
    One of the articles on the pirate code is all disputes are settled on the sea, so this isn’t so far-fetched

• @roverandom5158 If you do not want PvP it is simple. You a playing the wrong game. It is called Sea of THIEVES by the way. So when someone sinks you and steals your loot, don't get angry.

• @robbiesolo72 said in Please add friendly servers:

@sweltering-nick
    One of the articles on the pirate code is all disputes are settled on the sea, so this isn’t so far-fetched

The Sea refers to the game... Sea of Thieves. :P

So yeah, it's far-fetched to expect outposts to be a zafe zone, especially since Rare has already officially rejected the concept, multiple times... Get with the program.

• Might as well close this stupid thread. As much as it is a fantastic idea, with the new update, Rare basically gave people who prefer the PvE the middle finger. So - bones to this thread.

• @robbiesolo72 maybe read the more recent community code of conduct, it would be stupid to see the pirate code as follows: “Oh they just moored up to an island, dang it now we arent allowed to attack them”

Https://www.seaofthieves.com/code-of-conduct

• I agree with you and it would also be a good way to play and just get jobs done

• @tedgie2574 it is so fun to sink someone that don't want to fight.

"It is a pirate game"

No, it is a game about loot and sailing and progression and having only 2 hours to play each day, because i have a life, I want to MAKE SOME PROGRESS IN THE GAME.

If I have to fight for half an hour agaisnt a PVP player that only wants to sink me then I am losing my time even if I win the battle because that stupid PVP player don't have a single tresaure, skull or box on the boat only is there to ruin my day.

Them I am losing my time and that stupid PVP player are ruining my time in the game.

I left the game a year ago cause that st and I return cause the plunder pass and I can see thins are even worst, PVP rats that not even fight ship to ship, always the same st, shot himselft to your ship, stop your ship and kill you because they suck at shoting cannonballs.

Actually when I see a ship towards me wanted to fight I leave the server at the moment, block the player and start again a new quest in other server. Not have time to wasted in the stupid PVP that the game have.

Only want to loot and progress. PVP in that game do not gives you any progress.

It is time to put PVE servers to avoid that pathetic and sick PVP players and also the pathetic cheaters in PC.

You can go to fortnite or cod if you want a no brain PVP game.

Left single player sail and loot.

"A game about pirates'

hahahaha pirates xD I will complete the pass and them I will leave the game again till Rare use the brain and put PVE servers.

• @jctc758 it is called sea of thieves but i can not see where is writting that is a PVP game.

Also the PVP is stupid cause is a waste of time, if everyones do their quest the time-progress ratio will be better for all.

No, it isnt a PVP game, it is a game about quest and progress and PVP is only time wasted.

And time is the most precius thing I wear in my ship.

• Ahoy maties!

As this thread was 10 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
216 out of 236