Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions in our previous mega thread, as we have made some new changes to the Barrels in Patch 1.3.0, we're opening a new mega thread to gather your feedback on these changes.
We will continue to monitor feedback, and you can read Design Director Mike Chapman’s further insights into what the future holds for these systems.
After feedback shared with us about the changes made to barrels and inventory management in Patch 1.2.4, we improved the stocking-up speed which will significantly reduce the number of button presses required.
- Barrel Take/Store All - Players can now take and store stacks of resources with a single button press.
- Barrel Auto-Advance - When removing resources from barrels, if all items in a stack are removed, the next stack with remaining resources will automatically be selected.
- Resource Capacity - When carrying the maximum number of a specific resource in your inventory, this resource will clearly be marked red in any barrels to indicate that you can't carry any more.
- UI Close Delay - The short animation of UI closing has been disabled, so players resume control of their pirate immediately. This impacts the closing of all full-screen UI, from shops and barrels to settings and crew menus.
Here's previous discussions on this topic:
- [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3
- [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 2
- [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 1
As you participate in this thread -
Keep to the Pirate Code
As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.
We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.