PvP matches are fun!!!

• As a preface I wanna say that I've been playing and watching SoT for a while got in on season 3 and cashed in 500 hours over a year, I took a break in September due to the game getting boring and way too buggy in my opinion but I got back for season 8 and I am loving it despite being rusty AF.

Anyways due to my rust I looked for players that wanted to improve rather than players on a similar level to me (in terms of time and ranks) because I feel that I would just drag them down, but in hindsight, I think I made the right call on getting to play with newbies, it's been so much fun.

I got to teach a couple of pirates more PvP basics and I hope sending them on the right path by getting a border pirate getting to try his naval a bit more, also showing him that being a boarder crewmate is fine for the battle since the other can help compensate with their own strengths to be an unstoppable duo.

Also got another newbie that was ok on most aspects of the ship, kinda like a balanced character in an RPG but with some issues being squeamish when it comes to combat which is actually pretty common when you dive deep into PvP for the first time but thankfully that fear dies down the more fights you get in, still, I gave him some good pointers on when to keep the pressure going to secure a sink rather than running to repair a hole.

In general a pretty good experience all around and I can't to see who I meet the next time I decide to go and get some matches... On the other hand how has everyone's matches been going?

帖子
    查看
  • It's awesome you've been having a nice time.

I had a great first few days of fighting, so positive that I took a break from it just to enjoy the experiences that happened rather than dilute them with quantity.

I've had some rather unique and interesting random scenarios outside of the new content directly because of the new content.
    With known people which isn't my thing for adventure but the scenarios themselves turned out to be interesting.

The new content is creating scenarios where people from different regions are on these servers so at least it's a few different known people for season 8 lol.

Quite a few overall positive things about the content and hasn't really made anything worse thus far, which I like.

• Can only agree! I've only been on SoT since late season 5 and always reluctant about PvP (having played in various online games I've only ever been in pretty toxic gaming environments), but in 95% of the encounters I had, I had a really good time because the other players weren't insulting or slurry in any kind and actually in some instances (like yourself) halted combat and gave me some tips on how to be better, or just had good laugh on each others mistakes. I sure sink most of the time, but never felt discouraged. So a big shoutout to players like yourself for not punching down on swabbies, but actually creating a fun online community! Cheers mate o7

• My experience has been positive so far, no one being too terrible or anything. Last match that I had my buddy and I ended up against a crew of dead on equal skill. Neither of us could properly secure the sink. We had Devil's Ridge within the battle bounds, so both Crews at one point were sending people to the island to grab what supplies we could because it became an battle of attrition. But both kept holding fast in that instance as well. After about a 1.5 hour battle my buddy and I decided to give them the win because they had a Grade 5 Emissary Flag to our Grade 2 at the time, so they had more to lose. We were defending and holding some Loot too (including some Athena Loot to spice it up), so they got a decent reward on it.

Anyways, flagged them down with a "Well Played!" in the chat and started playing some music. They popped two holes in us with the only two cannonballs they had left and played music and drank grog with us while we waited on our Ship to sink. It was a really good time actually, and I had no problem conceding in a battle where it was clear no one was gonna secure the sink legitimately anymore to let the crew with the better reward potential grab the win. Hope those scallywags managed to cash out.

帖子
查看
页数 3/4