Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..

• @scurvywoof I think we met in the new mode, anyways it was a pleasure fighting you !

• @dedfault I've played SOT since day 1 and have kept up to date ever since - except for Arena. Why not Arena? Not because I hate pvp, but simply because I couldn't stand waiting around in lobbies / queueing for matches for excessive amounts of time. Well guess what??? This season is turning out the same - I am getting crazy long queues for pvp. I don't have a solution, but pretty much I have decided to change my plan for this season - whereas I started with an aim to hit level 100 in at least one of the factions, now i'm thinking i'll limit how much SOT I play to just play adventure every now and then, but always with passive mode switched on - if I get attacked, I will enjoy the action. If I don't get attacked, no worries.
    One thing I know for sure is I won't be actively diving for fights until Rare improves the matchmaking so I am not stuck underwater for 20+ minutes at a time like my current experience.

• @wedrownelite
    I think this is because the users are all leaving. I think it's probably going to take the longest for middle-level users like us because the new inflow user pool has a lot of room for improvement right away, but it takes time to get to the middle. The top users are leaving the game after getting a reward, and to solve this problem, you have to make a complete random match or let the users come back. Or I don't think it's a bad idea to match several ships to one battlefield at the same time.

• @sitrish You're name does seem familiar but I don't see you in my recent players. I do think we fought, though. GG!

• @wedrownelite said in Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..:

@ScurvyWoof
    The levels aren't the problem, the queues are the problem.
    I feel like they should just remove the skill based matchmaking system, if a sweat gets matched with new people, so be it. Skill based matchmaking turned my queues from instant, to 5 minutes, to 15 minutes, to over an hour.

What terrible idea. The update is supposed to make on demand PVP accessible for everyone. If you disable SBMM people that are trying PVP to get better or new players would leave for good after 3 unbalanced and unfair matches. Less players, is less potential emporium sales, less interaction and less long term support for the game.

Because some super high skilled players don’t have quick matches doesn’t mean all the other players have to suffer so you can get to level 100 fast while others can’t ever reach it.

• For someone like myself who is not the fan on exessive grinding this feels like the sweetspot for me. Im currently at guardians 41 at 55 wins. I anticipate to get the curse at 180-200 wins which I find pretty reasonable. I take it as new endgame for pvp players.

Only thing I can think that might get problematic are the que times that might get in the way of my goals. As im currently hanging at problably around 80-85percent wintatio and most my matches are already against lsd and tsd teams then I dont wanna know what happens with que times once I get even higher on mmr ladder.

• @scurvywoof Oh, word! Gotcha haha, now I understand.

Views
41 out of 42