Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP

• @fretfulelk45403 said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

@needsmokes
    I've already decided to receive it. I'm just sad that I can't be with my friends. But you talk about something that has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I criticize the design of season 8 that completely ostracizes new users and PvE. I think season 8 is going to fail because I cited a solid basis for the result as an example. No one has been able to refute my opinion. If you want to refute my opinion, I want you to supplement the data or evidence. Uncritical advocacy, such as celebrity fans, dries the game to death.

Sorry, but I don't understand what your talking about.
    I never responded to a post you made.

Think you have me confused with another?

• @mewds-d-jolly You keep wanting things to get nerfed. This isnt meant to be completed overnight, nor in a week, nor a month. These are meant to be rewards you earn over time. Let's not scream for things to be nerfed less than 3 days after it's released.

I honestly don't care about the new player who get wrecked in pvp. They now have the opportunity to just que and try again.

• @captain-coel said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

@mewds-d-jolly You keep wanting things to get nerfed. This isn't meant to be completed overnight, nor in a week, nor a month. These are meant to be rewards you earn over time. Let's not scream for things to be nerfed less than 3 days after it's released.

I honestly don't care about the new player who get wrecked in pvp. They now have the opportunity to just que and try again.

1. Wanting things to get nerfed implies that it is balanced to begin with, here is where I disagree with you, it is not balanced, it is flawed, what I want is for that flawed system to be fixed rather than be left bugged as is.
    2. Where exactly did I imply that I want this to be completed overnight?! (because so many of the pro grind people keep saying "he wants to finish this in 2 days")
      I only stated that playing for 63-38 days of only WINNING and playing SoT only for 4 hrs a day is too much to ask for the average of your players just to get access to one of the hideouts (not even unlocking the rest of the cosmetics, or unlocking the other hideout)
    3. the only ones screaming for things here are the pro grind lot, you guys keep disregarding other's feedback just because you want to unlock things only you can unlock, because your lives allows you to do so (whether you're a content creator or a keyboard sweatlord with nothing better to do in their real life)

you previously said "Enjoy it and have fun"
    @captain-coel said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

@mewds-d-jolly you are level 17 on content that is meant to take time. Why rush it? You dont need to finish it asap. Enjoy it and have fun

my question for you, how is fixing the current flawed pvp progression system is going to ruin you're fun? are you going to be upset that the content is accessible to a wider audience, does it upset you that there are some people who have unlocked cosmetics sooner than you've preferred? does that ruin your fun? or is it because you won't find anything else to strive for in the season? if its the latter then I can easily tell you that there are cosmetics to unlock at level 1000 and also there is ANOTHER hideout with ANOTHER cosmetic to unlock at level 1000 over there too for you to strive for, and I believe that by the time you're grinding for the first 1000 cosmetic, Rare would release something to unlock at level 2000, don't worry they will always give you a carrot to chase.

Rare has delivered well on the things to grind for this season, but imho they failed on the pvp progression system so far, literally in every other game that has pvp CoD, Battlefield, Dead by Daylight, players are awarded progression for their contribution in the fight regardless of winning or losing, but this is the first game that I have played that literally doesn't respect the time and effort you put into it when fighting someone else in the new pvp mode, like they can award players more xp for landing cannon shots or sending the other pirates to the ferry of the damned, but nope! its just sink them (which can take a long time often)

and also there is something that @fretfulelk45403 said that was correct, levelling the previous factions awarded you with bits of cosmetic rewards along the way, which was nicer to have because it gives you this small sense of progression (progression in SoT is mostly expressed through cosmetics), even Arena mode/faction had the same model, you would still get something along the way, but right now, its just barren and a long sluggish grind that can be mitigated if designed properly.

and lastly, saying that you don't care about the new player's experience is very selfish you, I am kind of beginning to lose faith in a bunch of people in the insiders right now because they only cater for themselves, thank goodness you guys are not hired to work for Rare, this game would have failed ages ago if that were the case.

I have friends that I want to bring along that I know would enjoy this game immensely with me, but with the current situation of the progression, I don't know what to tell them, how can I invite them in and ask them to pay their real life time to unlock stuff in a game, Its left up to Rare to decide how they want to handle this.

I want you to know that I am not against grind or against you guys, I am with you, and with most of the player base, I am hoping for Rare to cater for your experience along side our experience of pvp, I hope for having a good experience for both of our groups.

• @mewds-d-jolly it's not flawed, and you have 0 way of knowing how the exp curve actually works. What the real numbers are. All you have are assumptions. And I'm okay with lvl 100 taking 200 wins. Everyone has an equal chance to participate. If level 100 takes a few hundred hours to complete there is nothing wrong with that. You dont have to complete it, many people won't.

I'd rather people not be able to complete it and have it be a challenge than have it be nerfed. They wanted Sea of Thieves to run for 10 years when it released in 2018. We are coming up on 5. Let's see how the plays out as far as exp over the next few months.

• @captain-coel said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

@mewds-d-jolly it's not flawed, and you have 0 way of knowing how the exp curve actually works. What the real numbers are. All you have are assumptions. And I'm okay with lvl 100 taking 200 wins. Everyone has an equal chance to participate. If level 100 takes a few hundred hours to complete there is nothing wrong with that. You dont have to complete it, many people won't.

I'd rather people not be able to complete it and have it be a challenge than have it be nerfed. They wanted Sea of Thieves to run for 10 years when it released in 2018. We are coming up on 5. Let's see how the plays out as far as exp over the next few months.

You can easily calculate a close estimate on how the xp curve goes, around the 10 first levels it takes 1 sink for 1 level, from 10-20 it starts to give you 50% of a level for 1 sink, so its 2 sinks per level, after watching the streamers play, some one like MIXEL at level 80 he gains 25% of a level per sink, so its 4 sinks for 1 level, but I am not exactly sure about at which point the xp required goes up, but thats why I put the ranges from 500 to 300 sinks to get to level 100.

• I did just about everything for commendations, in general I am a -do a lotta stuff- kind dude. I unlocked and bought ALL of the adventure cosmetics

that changed quite with milestones and continued to change with the new pvp system

their direction isn't for completionists and the game is more and more of "not everything is for everyone but there is some stuff for everyone"

There are trinkets I'll never have and cosmetics I may also never have now and that's just how it goes.

In their design they have been creating individuality even if in an unpopular way. Individuality is something this game long lacked.

There are things I've done and unlocked that very few will and there are things people have done and unlocked that I'll never end up doing.

Imo the only real way to enjoy the experience is just to accept it. "I have and have done everything" just isn't a thing anymore. That applies to new players and casuals as much as it does those that play all the time.

• and another thing to point out to Rare, right now whenever I get matched against a DA sweatlord I leave them to sink me just to avoid wasting time, because right now with the current design, if you fight a battle that takes 1 hour to finish you would get 1 win xp (if you win it that is), but if you leave it, and try to get matched with some other pirate, that session takes around 20 mins on average to finish, so this means that you would get 3x win xp per hour, the current design will encourage players to throw tougher matches just to try and get matched against someone they can fight so that they can level efficiently, is that how you want us to play Rare?!

• Totally agreeing with all of your points. The reward system is bad, the matchmaking is super bad and totally broken and for us PvP guys (all I basically do is PvP) the Elo-System won't work in any way. I think they count the sunken ships and then somehow calculate your skill level from it, matching with sweatlords/cheaters only. So climbing up to 100 is pretty hard for me, since all I ever did was sinking ships in comparison to PvE friends of mine who reached their 10 kill streak in one day only, while I'm struggeling with a streak of 4, what is basically absurd.

• @wolfmanbush said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

I did just about everything for commendations, in general I am a -do a lotta stuff- kind dude. I unlocked and bought ALL of the adventure cosmetics

that changed quite with milestones and continued to change with the new pvp system

their direction isn't for completionists and the game is more and more of "not everything is for everyone but there is some stuff for everyone"

There are trinkets I'll never have and cosmetics I may also never have now and that's just how it goes.

In their design they have been creating individuality even if in an unpopular way. Individuality is something this game long lacked.

There are things I've done and unlocked that very few will and there are things people have done and unlocked that I'll never end up doing.

Imo the only real way to enjoy the experience is just to accept it. "I have and have done everything" just isn't a thing anymore. That applies to new players and casuals as much as it does those that play all the time.

I am not a completionist, and they didn't specifically state that their direction for this season that only the pro players will have access to the content in an acceptable timely manner (its not our place to assume their direction, when they haven't stated it themselves), if something is not functioning correctly, then we will point it out, it is left up to them to tell us that they will fix it or leave it as it is because they intended to make a system that rewards and makes the pro players feast on the new players (the high streaks and fast levels that the content creators and sweatlords got recently is because they get matched against way weaker players)

There are so many stuff that I didn't unlock and I don't bother, but what bothers me is that in order for me to get access (not UNLOCK EVERYTHING) to half of the main content that they marketed for this season (The hideouts) and see what else is there that I have to grind for, I would have to be winning for 63-38 days straight (250-150hrs), and lets assume that I am an average guy that is going to be matched against people at my skill level, so my win chance is going to be 50%, this means that I have to be playing for 500-300 hrs of pvp playtime just to unlock 1 hideout, so yeah, the pvp progression system is totally flawed.

lets talk in numbers instead of arguing for the sake of argument, decreasing the required time to access one of the hideouts from 500-300 hrs to 80-60 hrs of pvp PLAYTIME (not WINNING) would be acceptable (how?, by awarding players for performing good in a battle, by awarding players for elongated hard fought battles, getting rewarded more for sinking a higher mmr player/crew) (the activities for each member is counted and it contributes to the whole xp that is going to be rewarded for the crew, whether they win or lose)

and one more thing, all of the rouge milestones required you to be doing something for 60 mins or 60 times at first (sleeping, playing shanties, sitting, drinking or pouring drinks) and they have dialled them down in a patch afterwards, this means that they can do the same to how pvp players get allegiance xp, and the current state is not a fixed thing to just accept as it is. (unless you want to do that, which I respect, but I don't accept it tbh)

• @b4g4lut I have got my friends to play with me pvp this season (they are all new to the game) and I still keep getting matched in less than 1 min with a DA sail sweaty galleon/brigantine, I have no idea if we're ever going to be able to reach level 100 in our life time or not with this snail of a grind.

• An honest feedback would be make the sword mandatory no more double gunning its a pirate game not call of duty, this would stop nonsense like modded controllers. Macos, and fix the exploits problems in the game, fix the ladder exploit hopping and other nonsense I can't go through one pvp encounter without finding that guy who using them super annoying what's the point of pvp when the system is broken how is exploits and killing a player with one shot a fair and fun encounter basically fix the pvp in the game and stop catering to the streamers and that type of player base they dont represent the real player base and alot more people who be open to pvp as it would be a fair experience the player base will just keep dropping until the real issues are fixed with the game

• @atomicfire4098 Call me crazy, even insane, but the point of a sandbox game is to play however you want and that includes choosing not to use a sword and go double gun...

• @atomicfire4098 said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

An honest feedback would be make the sword mandatory no more double gunning its a pirate game not call of duty, this would stop nonsense like modded controllers. Macos, and fix the exploits problems in the game, fix the ladder exploit hopping and other nonsense I can't go through one pvp encounter without finding that guy who using them super annoying what's the point of pvp when the system is broken how is exploits and killing a player with one shot a fair and fun encounter basically fix the pvp in the game and stop catering to the streamers and that type of player base they dont represent the real player base and alot more people who be open to pvp as it would be a fair experience the player base will just keep dropping until the real issues are fixed with the game

outside of poor consistency for all the weapons the main issue with weapons is the stigmas that people push for their preferences and against those of others.

all weapon combos require skill to perform well and consistently, all of them

if someone is consistently performing well it's not because they are using a sword or because they are using 2 guns as if they don't all have weaknesses in some situations. People that perform consistently with a sword are skilled fighters and the same goes for gun combos.

• If I wanted to play call of duty pirates I wouldn't play this game quick shots and exploits to get a one shot kill what's the point, and as for this update it's taken away from the core game experience, the point was to sail around collecting loot and stealing loot and meeting new pirates and just enjoying the experience, now you can't turn loot in for the new rep you are forced to dive and wait 20min to find a opponent and then get very little rep for all your time, what's the point isn't the reason for arena being taken out was because it didn't match the core experience where is the adventure aspect of the update where is the fun in stealing loot and selling it so what is the point of the new update in this game now its just to cater to pvp base with no pve and pvp mixtures all I have to say is Congrats to rare they destroyed the core experience

• @atomicfire4098 I couldn’t agree more.

• With the current meta you are forced to play double gun. Boarders will be one shot if done correctly and sniping disturbs the opposing cannon line. I'ld like to see more variety, but sadly there isn't if you wanna have a fair chance against good crews.

The amount of damage by blunderbombs is way too high as well, as two hits are deadly, being able to kill a whole crew in only a few seconds.

Lastly I have the impression that they changed the hitbox to such an amount that I die more often by one-balls than ever before, it's kinda ridiculous.

Not to speak of the totally broken matchmaking system that seems to be random after all and not working correctly in any manner.

The hype for Season 8 was real, but after a week a lot of people that I talked to say that it's pulling them down not being able to access new areas or skins because the matchmaking seems to be so broken. After all most players want to earn skins and it would be sad to see the new PvP system being rejected as it happened to Arena as well for the very same reason: No working matchmaking-system.

• @b4g4lut The skins aren't meant to be accessed in week or a month. It's meant to be a slow burn. Take your time. Throw up Athena or Reaper and go do normal activities while also being Guardian or Servant. This way you do more than just sit in the que.

• @b4g4lut said in Feedback on season 8 changes and PvP:

With the current meta you are forced to play double gun. Boarders will be one shot if done correctly and sniping disturbs the opposing cannon line. I'ld like to see more variety, but sadly there isn't if you wanna have a fair chance against good crews.

The amount of damage by blunderbombs is way too high as well, as two hits are deadly, being able to kill a whole crew in only a few seconds.

Lastly I have the impression that they changed the hitbox to such an amount that I die more often by one-balls than ever before, it's kinda ridiculous.

Not to speak of the totally broken matchmaking system that seems to be random after all and not working correctly in any manner.

The hype for Season 8 was real, but after a week a lot of people that I talked to say that it's pulling them down not being able to access new areas or skins because the matchmaking seems to be so broken. After all most players want to earn skins and it would be sad to see the new PvP system being rejected as it happened to Arena as well for the very same reason: No working matchmaking-system.

I've watched different streamers have cannonball's go right through their pirate's head and they took zero damage or effect from it so I dunno, might just be off in general

There is never a forcing of double gun, I almost never double gun.

帖子
查看
feedback
页数 122/123