Accessibility Feature - SFX/Music subtitles

• Would it be possible to have certain important audio cues / effects trigger a subtitle in the corner of the screen?

Not for any sort of advantage, maybe don't display the subtitle if the cue was below a certain volume, but it'd be nice to know if cannons are firing, or if any holes opened after a minor hull scraping.

Displaying the name of the musical track would be nifty too, to alert for Megalodon contact or skeleton ships.

Disclaimer: I'm not deaf but I often play in situations where my old-man hearing can't pick up the audio cues. Seems like a useful feature for a variety of people.

帖子
    查看
    question
  • @wulf2k I myself suffer from severe hearing loss, and would like something like this, but it's a slippery slope indeed when balance is to be considered...

• @galactic-geek I definitely agree that balance should be a major consideration.

The splash of somebody climbing your ladder in PvP? Probably don't play that subtitle.

Sailing along and took 6 cannonballs to the aft of your ship? Maybe a "Bang, Splinter, Sploosh, Creak" so you're not surprised when your ship stops turning and goes down. (I've lost a non-zero numbers of ships from gently scraping some shallows and then just carrying on...)

Music changes should get subtitles because they're hugely obvious to anybody actually listening, and your first sign of a Skelly Ship or Meg without the music might be it attacking you.

I'd expect that SFX captioning should always be inferior to actually listening, but there are so many important things in this game that have only an audio cue.

帖子
查看
question
页数 2/3