Milestones should count for all crewmates

• It's baffling, that we need to do the same things on everyone's personal ship...

All of my crew mates want the rewards so why is it set this way? Terrible idea

帖子
    查看
    feedback
  • @capt-soul-beard

Commit to a crew or commit to the grind. Either way, we should all probably be committed...

• @capt-soul-beard

Don't forget that you have to unlock those for your other ships as well, and the ones that you purchase after you reach the legendary status with one, im not even sure how many ships you can own after this update, like is there a cap for it ?

Anyway, i agree that you shouldn't have to do all ship related milestones for every member of your crew separately, it would be nice if you could earn progress towards the ship type that you are currently a crewmember on, and if you have multiple of that ship type you should be able to choose which one of your vessels you want to earn progress towards. That said, i don't think we will see change anytime soon though since this update did introduce a few more elements to the core gameplay, and changing anything would need testing to prevent more bugs/exploits from appearing. This update was already delayed a few times, and i think they had good reasons for it, they needed it to be in a shippable (pun intended) state, and i feel like they achieved that. I have to be honest though the fact that you have to be on your own ship to progress some milestones does make me feel like not wanting to look for crew on discord, which is usually the way i play this game, right now i would rather not play, or wait for friends who i usually play with to be available, and play like usual ( do whatever comes up on the horizon, what we feel like doing). Right now i think the best way to play the game is grab some friend and play as usual as if there were no milestones to work towards, but i do hold out hope that one day our wishes will be heard.

• @lunarweave said in Milestones should count for all crewmates:

@capt-soul-beard

Don't forget that you have to unlock those for your other ships as well, and the ones that you purchase after you reach the legendary status with one, im not even sure how many ships you can own after this update, like is there a cap for it ? [...]

The achievement is for 15 Captained ships, so if there is a cap it would be at least 15.

• Pirate milestones.

That what everyone gets.

Anyway, i agree that you shouldn't have to do all ship related milestones for every member of your crew separately,

Who says, you Have to do all ship related milestones...is that what people are trying to do??
    That just silly.

• @burnbacon said in Milestones should count for all crewmates:

Pirate milestones.

That what everyone gets.

Anyway, i agree that you shouldn't have to do all ship related milestones for every member of your crew separately,

Who says, you Have to do all ship related milestones...is that what people are trying to do??
    That just silly.

Indeed.

I'd understand if one would want a fishing ship, so if you plan on doing fishing the crew does it on his ship and if another friend wants to have an emissary ship, you do the emissary grind each season on his ship &c.

We (duo-sloop) want to have different load-outs, so we probably end up bringing a sloop to Legendary Status to have a new one and have one (eventually more) if we want to sail with a certain cosmetic - it will be a long time until we have 25 between us (we need at least one brigantine and galleon each and I want my "solo-sloop"), we might have to reserve some slots for our 3-person-brig if we want load-outs for that as well though.

• @pithyrumble
    hahaharr! your every where... (and I havent dissagread with ya yet)

• @skatmaster Yeah @pithyrumble is one of our OG users who is everywhere and always straight to the point! That's why we always (mostly) like them :D

• @lunarweave This is what I mean, if my buddy is captaining a sloop, I should get sloop progress with him. (Only if I own said ship as well!)

• @pithyrumble said in Milestones should count for all crewmates:

@capt-soul-beard

Commit to a crew or commit to the grind. Either way, we should all probably be committed...

Honestly a lazy response, when I work with one friend and we unlock stuff for his ship I would like it to be visible that I did those tasks when I sail with another person. Sorry I'm not just a 'Yes' person that just agrees with all Rare does.

• @pithyrumble sagte in Milestones should count for all crewmates:

@capt-soul-beard

I'm sorry, but I don't think this flippant response seriously addresses the issue.

Here are my thoughts on this.

@luckydielucke sagte in Ship Milestones are just creating tension and discontent within the playgroup:

One thing I can say is that I am definitely not happy with the current state of the ship's milestone system. The last few days have clearly shown that and have left me with some questions. For example:

What is a friendly crew doing, all committed to the grind in their limited time?

In the future, should they just go it alone on their own ship or with random people who come on board to join them?

I think there is already enough selfishness in this world.
    Why should I also introduce such an experience, which favours one's own people differently, additionally into a crew-based game, even though there is no reason for this or anyone has asked for it?

The question I ask myself instead is, what is the added value of the ship milestones for everyone? All the benefits for the captain are known to be numerous. Does this newly introduced barrier / mechanic have a positive or negative effect on the mood of my friends and fellow players?

Does it make me respect their commitment and time?

Does it bring people together and strengthen the team feeling?

Unfortunately, experience shows that people are often their own worst enemy.
    In real life, as well as in virtual life, and I simply don't want this attitude to be promoted or favoured in my favourite game (keyword: ship milestones). Nor do I want people who invest their time with me at sea to be permanently shown a message (as soon as my ship makes progress) telling them that they have not made this progress.

The game thus holds the carrot in front of their nose and the subconscious message is, you did not get this success now because you are not your own captain.

So therefore the message is:
    Become your own captain. Also think of yourself and all the benefits....
    That's the main theme of season seven.

And I don't agree with that message at a time like this.

My request:
    Please Rare, reconsider this system and make the ship milestones available to all crew members who hold a captaincy for the appropriate ship.

With sincere regards
    LuckydieLucke

• My comment reflects Rare's apparent thoughts on the situation. The game has always pushed a crew mentality of a group staying together. This enforces that concept.

It's not an endorsement.

Maybe learn to read sarcasm?
    I really don't want to have to add /s to everything.

• Well, it's true, this game has always encouraged the crew mentality and that's what I've appreciated and loved about Sea of Thieves at all times.

Until this update, when a barrier was added between the captain and the crew.

And I just don't see a barrier bringing a team together. That's my point no more, no less.

• I believe they make it so that crew mates get the full pirate milestone (which they already do) and get half of the ship milestones while on a captained ship and own their own ship (which is full for captain and none for crew mates right now). This overly simplified but i believe if your crew mates can get some of the ship milestone of their own while on another captained ship this will be more understanding and accepting of all.

• @pithyrumble That's interesting actually. My immediate thought after seeing the official trailer was the exact opposite. In my opinion, this rather has the potential to seperate a group than it encourages them to stay together.

Everybody wants to progress their ship but just one can. So everyone wants to be the captain.
    Granted this turned out not to be an issue with my friends. That's why I said "potential". I could image some crews splitting up though because of those changes.

It definitely does not encourage me to stay on another captains ship though. I don't really care about the milestones but if I did, it would discourage me to sail as a crew member instead of as a captain.

• Most of the rewards (trophies, decorations, etc.) are unlocked via pirate milestones, not ship milestones. Banners and ship titles are unlocked through ship milestones, but the vast majority of new ship cosmetics are earned through pirate milestones that can be unlocked while playing on any captained ship (not just your own) and can be used on any of your captained ships.

帖子
查看
feedback
页数 12/16