[Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 5

• My crewmate and I are really having some good times with the new Skeleton Thrones update, so nice work! I am looking forward to seeing how the coming weekly events are going to change the way the game is played, as the past two updates have done a pretty good job of making me feel like some genuinely new and fresh content has been added!

-My only critique concerning the Skeleton Thrones stems from the, for some players, arduous task of finding that second crew for the group thrones. Although I am a big fan of multiple crews working together and had an absolute blast hunting Meg with two other crews, this update seems to make it a bit harder to find a willing crew to help, especially if they have already done the quest. It seems that there could be some type of incentive added for crews that have already completed the quest to help others besides good faith (which is enough for me and some crews out there but not for everyone). When willful Server Jumping becomes a randomized strategy to try to access time sensitive content, that's never really a good sign.

However, all and all this update has been a blast so far, and I'm excited to see my first Megalodon in the wild! Keep up the good work mates!

• Can you guys add more flag customization? Where we could go into a ship store or something along those lines and make our own custom flag/emblem? I know there would be some misuse and abuse of the designs, but I’m sure the rest of us would govern those who abuse the flag. Plus historically pirate captains designed their own flags, that way when they attacked merchant ships or other pirates the other crew where terrified. Please consider adding this in some way more than just the stock flags. You have a lot of people who would love this idea!

• We all have heard that something maybe added to fill the time when sailing from quest to quest. I would like to see something like short games ( game of cards or penny up the wall or dice) but with that you could have wagers with your crew mates. Or even friendly bear knuckle boxing. That would be mint.

• One thing i'd love to see implemented is an option in the game setting under Pirate to either "Tuck or Untuck" Hair from Jackets and Shirts with high collars.
    This would further enable Pirates to choose the desired look they want rather than maybe change the outfit just to have the hair fit how they like. I say this as seen a fair few players discussing this change both ingame and out.

As for things to do to pass the time Cards, Dice, 1v1 duels, that thing you do with a knife stabbing between your fingers while placed on a desk etc (give another reason for the voyage vote blade) an on the subject of that blade can i get to customising that too please Rare after throwing the same on into the desk countless times now i'd like to look at alternate ones :)

• Sadly most my friends won't play souly because they can't customize their own character or make a cute female character. Arghhhh

• It would be nice if the weapons equiped were carried by our character.
    Visible flintlock on the belt/baldrick and sword hanging !

• My crew and I have been talking, and we own lots of different sails. we are wondering why even the nicer sail sets have what appears to be p*e stains on them. Were our sails made from 4 year old bed sheets? Its kinda gross.

• I have played the game solo more than 90% of the game and became legend pirate last week. I never found another crew willing to make the large thrones with me , son not lucky and really sad not to be able to get this title of big thrones. I loved the game but now it's just boring as nothing is done for the solo players. Athena quest solo are really too high difficult and need too much time for very poor rewards. all new events are not going in the way of solo player so the game became more depressing than enjoying for me. All my friends from the beginning have left the game long time already. Rare I think it will be time for me to quit a game I love as you're doing nothing in the good way. it's a broken heart legend pirate telling you his feelings.

• @deathbatdraco definitely agree with incentives and I believe Rare hear that. One thing that I have noticed about this team is their intense devotion to player happiness. I cannot tell you how many dev blogs and discussion on YouTube where Joe Neate, and others say how much they are hearing our opinions. I understand where your frustration may come from with trying to find a crew but the telemetry of the game shows that is what people want. Keep on posting and keep putting your opinions out there, they will be heard! Blessed sails!

• @urfuturboss1595 That's the thing I am absolutely loving about this development team. Their transparency is absolutely mind-boggling compared to most AAA developers out there, and I definitely feel like we the community are being listened to and our feedback implemented. For example, this new patch is starting to add those incentives in the vein of Legendary Commendations! Good to know there are more of us out there who truly believe in this team and community!
    Cheers Mate!

• @khaleesibot Customized Sails: Can we get a sail customization option, where we can use in game symbols and make our own sails (similarly to what other games do with Icons[BF/COD). This way we can make unique sails on whatever color. Obviously these would have to be earned and bought like other sails/customization. But I think it would add some variety. Plus, you would know a certain ship when you see it (true pirate Legend).

• @enginefear said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 5:

@khaleesibot Customized Sails: Can we get a sail customization option, where we can use in game symbols and make our own sails (similarly to what other games do with Icons[BF/COD). This way we can make unique sails on whatever color. Obviously these would have to be earned and bought like other sails/customization. But I think it would add some variety. Plus, you would know a certain ship when you see it (true pirate Legend).

Although this could be a great addition to the game, I think if this were put in and worked how BF has how you can create your own emblem we would see nothing but people sailing around with derogatory images like 90% of the BF emblems of scantly clad women or other obscene images that does not need to be in Sea of Thieves.

If anything, let us recolor already gotten items that we have to give them our own personal touch. So for instance, Ill use the Founders Sails as an example, personally I think the coloring on them isn't the greatest, if I could invert the colors on them and make the sails black and the emblem itself white, I might like them better, but it would also be nice to switch them to what ever color I wanted.

• One time character appearance change without losing progress?

Bump up the Athena's Fortune level cap?

Stop making the grind to Pirate Legend faster and easier?

Something actually Legend exclusive? So then the Athena grind would've seemed worth it? Like a different coloured Ghost outfit?

Legend Weapons, Instruments, Equipment? Better Ship Cosmetics?

Every "sailor" and their mother can wear the only outfit set that a legend can work for.

Being 50/50/50/10.. The only thing I can do apart from PvP.. is commendations, and things like Castaways/Foul Bounties are only obtainable at my level in Skull forts/shipwrecks.

The Banana crate, cannonball crate and the plank crate commendations.. would literally take years because they only come from messages in bottles.

Hell even Cursed chest commendations are still rare at max level.

Apart from that..

Your game is awesome 👌

• @pray-emote I agree with you on being able to change my character appearance.. even at an in game fee perhaps. Or make it a rare item we have to find in game and then turn in for the opportunity to change our character. In regards to a higher Athena level cap that could be quite brutal, perhaps add another faction called Athena's curse and make it a separate grind with ghost weapons and ship decorations? All good stuff though there is so much Rare could do its awesome.

• @novas-soul the extra faction idea.. I'd actually love 😍

• Nice to see this customs

• If you are going to make a game that the only progression path is horizontal (skins)...then you need to break down the way you do skins. Allow layering, customizing items, etc... Instead of a pirate hat with a bird skull on it, the hat should be purchasable, and the bird skull should be purchasable. Then allow one or two hat pins on each hat at the most. You need to break the customization areas down considerably from where they currently sit.

Lapel pins, hat pins, hat feathers, etc all could be customizable.

• First of all the commendation/achievement requirement for selling/delivering on time is CRAZY unbalanced. Second where is the banana crates? I played 500h+ easily and i found maybe 3 banana "quest".

• Text chat on Xbox. Can this please be added??? I’ve been trying multiple ways to get an answer about this, and I’m getting nowhere. Is it being looked into? Playing on Xbox and teaming with someone on PC who can just type away is an unfair disadvantage to those on Xbox. We can’t type back!!!

• Could you suggest here that they add a Leviathan in the future?
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Ahoy! I would love to be able to preview shop items on my pirate before purchasing.

And would also like to see jewelry and clothing accessories added. My pirate should be able to get an earring, necklace, bracelet or bandanna.

• When we're going to see new ships in the game, I'm looking forward to seeing that masterpiece of developers!

• I'm among one of the first Legends of sot and I've got to say I love your gane (I have major stomach problems witch makes me so I can't work a normal job) I'm 21 and find myself looking forward to my the next adventure in sot (Im not saying this idea I'll tell you will make the game great because it's already the best game out there with tons of growing room) but as I was growing to become a level 50merchant I'd hear these parrot noises and I know you'll be coming out with parrots at one point but I was thinking you should make it so we can catch them for the merchants (you get the cage, find the bird flying around or sitting on a tree and you have to throw a bucket of water on them to stun them {knocking them to the ground for a brief time to capture them}] I talked to a few buddy's about this idea a few weeks ago and they thought it would be amazing and encouraged me to send this message. and if you think it's good enough to add I would like my own parrot at ancient spire outpost in the bar with a plack on the cage saying my gammertag 'TheTruKingChief' I would totally be in awe and probably cry with joy if you guys can do this,
    thank you for your time rare

• @thetrukingchief said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 5:

I'm among one of the first Legends of sot and I've got to say I love your gane (I have major stomach problems witch makes me so I can't work a normal job) I'm 21 and find myself looking forward to my the next adventure in sot (Im not saying this idea I'll tell you will make the game great because it's already the best game out there with tons of growing room) but as I was growing to become a level 50merchant I'd hear these parrot noises and I know you'll be coming out with parrots at one point but I was thinking you should make it so we can catch them for the merchants (you get the cage, find the bird flying around or sitting on a tree and you have to throw a bucket of water on them to stun them {knocking them to the ground for a brief time to capture them}] I talked to a few buddy's about this idea a few weeks ago and they thought it would be amazing and encouraged me to send this message. and if you think it's good enough to add I would like my own parrot at ancient spire outpost in the bar with a plack on the cage saying my gammertag 'TheTruKingChief' I would totally be in awe and probably cry with joy if you guys can do this,
    thank you for your time rare

I would love to see more parrots or bird types added like my own little friend C**o, (hope the photo works)

Photo does not load

This is my orange crested cockatoo and I would love to see them either fly around or have them as pets. I love your idea of being able to catch parrots and/or have them as pets.

Kind regards,
    Tango and Cocco

• My crew encountered an aggressive Megalodon in the wild yesterday and I jumped overboard to check it out underwater... except the Meg had seemingly "disappeared". Technically speaking it should have been right next to our ship as it just attacked it... has anyone else had problems seeing the Megalodon model underwater before it is defeated?

From the Hungering Deep

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WellwornPhonyGnat-size_restricted.gif

Views
46 out of 61