[Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3

• @crazyt101 Honestly I don't know if it has, or if it would even be possible, but then again I'm not a dev/coder. But I think that would be the better solution than separating XBox and PC servers.

• @greaseman85 I agree, that honestly would be the best solution that way pc players that prefer controllers aren't stuck in the same situation console players on it.

If its possible of course!

• My friends and I are so sick of fight against PC players. Their movements cannot be replicated on console whatsoever and as a console player it’s the most frustrating thing fighting rabbits that can jump and shoot with great accuracy when we don’t have the assistance of mouse and keyboard to aim consistently while jumping around with incredible sensitivity and being very accurate every single battle. (We ask if they are PC or not and we can tell by their achievements since if this is the only game they have ever played with under 1000 gamerscore, it’s an indicator that they are in fact PC players.)

• @stratcat51
    None of what you said is true. Maybe you should have done more research before you purchased. Rares intentions have been clear all along.

• @psitch said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

@crazyt101 While I agree that PC players have an advantage, I just don't think the option to deactivate cross play is a good solution in the long run.

What's the next step ? PVE-only server ? Servers with only Xbox players that do not have an Elite controler ?
    Because yeah, having an Elite controler IS an advantage in a game.
    You can jump all you want and still be able to aim while doing so.
    Sure the advantage is not as important than playing with KB/Mouse but it's there.

And I agree with @Wesk89 when he says: "Then again he never got into a fight he couldn't handle."
    This is exactly what we're doing with my crew (again, I'm the only PC player in my crew). We are extremely cautious and we try our best to estimate our odds before engaging or continuing a fight.
    And yes, sometimes you get surprised and someone rammed you while you weren't paying attention. Therefore there's nothing you can do to avoid the fight and in that particular scenario, yes, you have to deal with a potential PC-player. But that's how the game works.

Yeahhh you’re heavily using fallacious arguments that contradict the entire premise of what you wanted to counteract against Crazyt101. They will never make PvE only servers and they will never make Xbox elite only servers (that’s impossible). We just the ability to play in a fair working environment where it’s controller vs controller. Why should I be punished for wanting a fair battleground against my fellow Xbox brethren? Isn’t that the reason why most people buy an Xbox is to be on fair grounds against everyone else? Give us an option to disable cross-play and everyone will be happy.

• @nwo-azcrack Read elsewhere where I have explained before. I did my research and people like me are tired of the BS from Rare and PvP addicts that are created by Rares complete balls ups planning thinking and delivery that has created a toxic bigotted nasty environment. Not what promised i.e. Balanced and from what we've met of players not Pegi 12. You can say what you like just as I can and will as that is the toxic environment Rare want.

• I would prefer it if it prioritized what system you are on and tried to match you with those same players. And if it takes too long, then you venture into crossplay.

I would much prefer to play with xbox users than pc users (as an xbox user) you can tell the vast difference in skill and abilities when playing against PC players. The crazy jumping, 180 degree insta-turns with pinpoint accuracy, with their 2-shot less than a second macros, etc.

Most of the time its alright, but it does cause an imbalance that needs to be addressed some how.

• @stratcat51
    Then why are you playing? Why support a company that "supports" "toxicity"?

• @nwo-azcrack I didn't want to support a company that advertised a balanced playing environment but hasn't delivered on that. The environment when played is toxic and nasty because they have done nothing to balance differing player skills. That leaves lower skilled PvP players to be 'Bullied' out or off the game. With the 'git good' cr*p.

• I feel like a vast majority of the arguments here are all anecdotal and all usually refer to PC players all having aimbots and hacks which is a baseless claim. I dont believe there is that much of a disadvantage to xbox players. My only real complaint after changing all the controller mappings to have the sprint and jump more accessible is that i cant get the same sensitivity that i do on my PC.

• @stratcat51
    This is the easiest games to pick up and learn. And the blaance is almost perfect. Which is why there is no progression or skill. Everyone is the same. I dont see how its unfair

• @scoilean said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

There still doesn't seem to be a definitive argument for not making crossplay optional??

well most arguments against crossplay have nothing to do with crossplay... crossplay isn't the problem, kb/m vs controller is. PC players using a controller face similar unfairness. If xbox ever implements a kb/m option... same issues will pop up.

• @approvedjoey Well not me. And your argument is valid for the other side too.
    If I want to play with my friends on Xbox how will that turn up ?
    1 group mixed with PC/Xbox.
    Admitting that all players in our groups has crossplay activated, does this mean that all of my xbox friends in my crew would be forced to play with only pc-players on the server ?
    Yeah because if the option is given, the vast majority, if not all, of the xbox players will deactivate crossplay. Simply because it would mean that their session will probably be easier to them.
    Again, just because of the possibility of encountering pc-players. Wich represents 8% of the community at the moment, just saying.

Other case: if my friends doesn't want to have the possibility of encountering pc-players, therefore we have to deactivate crossplay, right ?
    And in the case were it would be possible to team-up between PC/Xbox players while being able to choose an Xbox/Pc/Both server, would that mean that I am forced to play versus Xbox players ?

That does sound like splitting the community to me and I'm not a fan.
    Why should I, or my friends, be punished for wanting to play together ?
    Why wanting an option that will split the entire community just because of the chance for you to:

• encounter players that represents 8% of the playerbase.
    • Not paying attention (it happens) and getting surprised and/or rushing to a sloop/galleon without precaution.
    • Actually fight them in close-quarter-combat (the only time in this game where there's the difference between KBmouse/controler actually matters).

And I'll finish by quoting what was said on the first post on the first part of this thread:
    "As referenced in this announcement, any and all discussion on Cross Play preferences, and potential suggestions for how to improve the general gameplay for all players, can be posted here."
    "for all players".

• @psitch can you proof the 8% of PC-Players?
    in the first week: 2.000.000 titles was sold.
    2.000.000/0,08=160.000 ...

about the rest:

Let PC-Player Pay for the Xbox-Live-Gold-Service like we do, and 90% of the PC players are gone! You wanna Cross-Play, pay for it, like we do!

• @savagetwinky sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

@scoilean said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

There still doesn't seem to be a definitive argument for not making crossplay optional??

well most arguments against crossplay have nothing to do with crossplay... crossplay isn't the problem, kb/m vs controller is. PC players using a controller face similar unfairness. If xbox ever implements a kb/m option... same issues will pop up.

yes, just remove kb/mouse support for this game, and force them to play with a Gamepad!

• @nwo-azcrack sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

@stratcat51
    This is the easiest games to pick up and learn. And the blaance is almost perfect. Which is why there is no progression or skill. Everyone is the same. I dont see how its unfair

the amout of input devices ? i mean, you can change the speed of the mouse, over the Hardware ... its just ONE point...

• @oxynator

Let PC-Player Pay for the Xbox-Live-Gold-Service like we do, and 90% of the PC players are gone! You wanna Cross-Play, pay for it, like we do!

Did Xbox-Live-Gold-Service giving you only one game that you want ?
    Did you pay 60 eu for game like PC players ?

yes, just remove kb/mouse support for this game, and force them to play with a Gamepad!

How about you should buy keyb+mouse for FPS game if you not satisfied with gameplay on gamepad ?
    Stop this rage, crossplay is future.

• Hi Captains..

Friend and i were on a 2 man sloop tonight and were constantly having problems with another crew. Any time they got within about a square of the map of us we started lagging unbelievably, not to mention the fact that anytime we tried to fight them with guns or swords they would...
    1 become invincible
    2. One shot us with a blunderbuss from miles away, or
    3. Teleport a fair distance instantaneously.

From the chat they were putting out they were pc players.

So a bit of background here for those people who are gonna say we just need to practice more... aka "get gud"... My friend and i are both level 35-40 on all reps and have soloed the skull forts multiple times. We know what we are doing and can more than hold our own in pvp.
    I've reported the players in question and have recorded game clips showing the suspicious abilities these guys possessed.

PLEASE give us the choice to disable cross platform.
    I don't particularly care about the marginal advances that you get playing on pc. I have friends who do not own an xbox and it's great being able to play with them whenever we want, but this is not the first time a game session with my mates has been soured for us by dodgy pc shenanigans.

I love this game. I am REALLY looking forward to the Hungering Deep and future content. But the one thing that is stopping this game from being brilliant is the players who ruin it for everyone else.

• @psitch Dizer que a maioria dos jogadores do xbox vão desativar o crossplay se derem a opção a eles, ja prova que eles não querem jogar contra jogadores do PC.
    E se você quiser jogar com seus amigos do xbox eles vão ter que encontrar muitos pc players mesmo, até porque vocês escolheram isso.
    Não force a gente a ficar em desvantagem porque você quer que todo mundo fique no mesmo servidor.
    We need an option!!

• To ensure that conversation is kept fresh, we regularly remake our Mega Threads. This thread has now been locked and you can find Part 4 here!

Views
298 out of 300