Keeping Megladon aggro.

• I don’t understand the AI of this monster. When I hear the music I raise sails and prepare for battle. More then not it will make a couple attack runs then just leave. Since I’m the target I would think I need not pursue the fish. They are easy to ignore if you want to but I stay and fight just like krakens. Is this a bug?

Views
  • because people don't wanna get chased for 45 minutes by a meg

and since they don't have 2 in one area they need to be territorial

just stay in the area, eventually they despawn which is funny to watch

• @wavestalker
    Watch your proximity to islands, rock formations and shrine locations. Get too close and they'll back off.

They might wanna tweak this a little bit. Getting too crowded to have any fight room😕

• I've started dropping anchor as soon as I hear the music to stop them from running off because I got out of range or too close to an island. This works pretty well.

• @danbeardluff said in Keeping Megladon aggro.:

I've started dropping anchor as soon as I hear the music to stop them from running off because I got out of range or too close to an island. This works pretty well.

Thanks I’ll try that next time.

• Like some of the others say, I anchor as soon as I hear the megaladon music, then I usually immediatly try to hit it with a cannonball or two to keep it aggravated. Just keep peppering it with eye of reach shots and cannonballs to keep it in combat. Me friends and I have noticed that similar to skele ships, if ye dont initiate combat the meg has a higher chance of despawing. After hitting a cannon shot I usually make sure to raise my sails, unanchor, and grab my eye of reach while the meg is out of broadside. Switching off sides and shooting with cannons, making sure not to be caught reloading when it chsrges the ship (remember hitting two cannon shots while the meg is charging will stop the charge from doing damage). Though of course the meg can despawn if you get too close to an island or other large obstacle in the sea.

Views
2 out of 6