Cosmetics/Weapons

• @pr8roberts
    Grand Admiral Cutlass
    Castaway Bilge Rat Cutlass
    Ruffian Sea Dog Cutlass
    Scurvy Bilge Rat Cutlass

We are also missing the Bilge Rat Flag. We have the Bilge Rat Adventures flag (or something along those lines, the red one with a white rat), but no Bilge Rat Flag, which should look green with tankard iconography to match the rest of the set.

• @klutchxking518 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell Lunge does 50%!

As of patch 2.0.14

Balance
        *Regular Strikes now deal 25 damage, up from 20.*
        *Heavy strikes now deal 60 damage, up from 50.*

• @pr8roberts said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, since the start of Season One we have been gradually releasing more of the backlog stock into the outposts, and will be continuing to do so.
    Sea of Thieves is a complex project, and there's still a lot of improvements we can make to our item management and release systems, but I've been working with the teams to get more backlog stock set up and out into the game.
    One thing I do want to clear up though is that just because an item is worn by an NPC does not necessarily mean it will easily translate to something that can be worn by a pirate as they function differently.
    I won't comment on anything that is not currently supported in-game such as alternative weapons or instruments as this is outside of my area.
    As someone on the team who has been deep diving into all the folders and looking for unreleased cosmetics to collect and get out there for you all, I've found this thread very helpful, so thank you!

Cheers,
    Louise

Thank you. It is greatly appreciated!

• @trial0n said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

This is from a reddit thread 2 years ago, don't know if this databank has been kept up to date though.
    Some of the newly released stuff like Silent Barnacle has been there all the time apparently while some other sick looking items (look at the boots especially) are still yet to come.

This is pretty sweet I am not going to lie!

• Thankfully, I was able to get the Grand Admiral cutlass early on, but I missed out on the rest. With how there are so many recolors, I never understood why they removed them. It's not as relevant now either, with so many new emotes to show more of the weapons that you couldn't really see before (I recall the handles and pommels looking very different, but they were often covered up by your pirate's hands).

• 😠 There's a metric buttload of unreleased cosmetics seen on npcs in the new tall tales 😠

• @neon-ic0n “One thing I do want to clear up though is that just because an item is worn by an NPC does not necessarily mean it will easily translate to something that can be worn by a pirate as they function differently.”

Still though, a LOT of really cool cosmetics.

Although I just really want the a Dutchman ship set. It has unique Cannon, capstan and wheel models!

• @grumpyw01f said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@moogbeard said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

https://imgur.com/E3Z3K2a

Give us the Victorious Sea Dog set to match the blunderbuss!

That looks sick! I'd love a reason to put on more of the ol' Sea Dog models!

Though, they would probably replace the lapel emblem on the jacket with the beautiful Arena symbol on the blunderbuss. And change the white to red. Of course, the emblem would be a bit difficult to photoshop on lol.

Seamarks jacket kind of matches the Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss as he is associated with Lesedi & the Sea Dogs. I actually found a better picture of him and it actually shows his gloves; which happen to be the same gloves the Sea Dog Agents wear in the arena as well.

alt text

alt text

• I have to give credit to Rare for the new Tall Tales/crossover. It leaves a tremendous amount of room for expansion. I do have to admit there were some missed opportunities though....

• The Dark Tide looking Cutlass from the main menu (on the right) and that is also stuck in the sand next to the "Lords of the Sea" Tall Tale crossed with the Ferryman Cutlass at the Castaway's Camp

alt text

alt text

• The Davy Jones looking Cutlass in the primary logo of "A Pirate's Life" crossed with the Ferryman Cutlass

alt text

*Update - added

• Pendragons Cutlass while in the Tavern of the Damned & on the Black Pearl (no image yet)

• Dawn Hunter Shirt - *Update - added

• This NPC's Jacket/Hat

alt text

• This version of a Jack Costume

alt text

alt text

• Calypso's Hair & Makeup

alt text

• Cutler Beckett's outfit

alt text

• Barbossa's Outfit (no image yet)
  • @pr8roberts

Thank you so much for jumping in to talk in this thread. Just wondering if you know anything about or could pass feedback along regarding the missing Bone Crusher trousers for the original Bone Crusher set? For some reason those are still missing from the game even though the Fearless Bone Crusher set has its own trousers.

@galactic-geek I'm vaguely aware of these, as far as I know with the cutlasses they were removed because there wasn't a significant visual difference between them and pre-existing items. Do you have any details/ images on what they are?

As with everything everyone's mentioned, I appreciate the info and will look into it, but I can't promise anything. I'll need to do some digging and work out what the history is of these items.

Cheers,
    Louise

I know this is a little delayed but if you check out the link attached there are variations of the cutlasses that were kept and not removed but they differ from whats in game. If these versions were originally used; there would have been no reason to remove the ones in question as there is a drastic difference in appearance with what may have been the intended models at launch.

link text

• Ruffian & Rogue Sea Dog Cutlass

• Imperial & Royal Sovereign Cutlass

• Castaway & Scurvy Bilge Rat Cutlass

• Grand & Ceremonial Admiral Cutlass

Among many other unreleased cosmetics. Several in which have been mentioned on this forum.

• @voshell so many cool cosmetics still yet to see the light of day. Imagine what would happen if someone went through the game files now. How many cool cosmetics would be found?

I know it won’t happen because it’s breaks the TOS but it’s fun to think about. Glad to know that Dev is on this stuff too. Those long lost wailing Barnacle instruments have me holding out hope for the two unfinished bone crusher sets!

• @ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell so many cool cosmetics still yet to see the light of day. Imagine what would happen if someone went through the game files now. How many cool cosmetics would be found?

I know it won’t happen because it’s breaks the TOS but it’s fun to think about. Glad to know that Dev is on this stuff too. Those long lost wailing Barnacle instruments have me holding out hope for the two unfinished bone crusher sets!

I agree. I am still being optimistic though; the cosmetic pool has grown leaps and bound this year alone and they don't seem to be letting up anytime soon. Who knows....maybe they will surprise us and just drop a multitude of unused cosmetics all at once!

• @voshell Yes please...

• @Ninja-Naranja

Imagine what would happen if someone went through the game files now. How many cool cosmetics would be found?

If I knew how, I'd do it. Not to leak anything, but to peep into the treasure chest. I need to spoil things for myself 😭

Y'know, other than the fact that it's not allowed.

• @klutchxking518 100% I would do it. Just to take a little peak and save some pictures to my personal folder. The one that I don’t show anybody. I’m sure everyone has that kind of ship cosmetics folder.

• @voshell where does this Victorious Sea Dog set come from? Is it just photoshopped or was it a promotional image that never made its way into the game?

• @voshell I believe the original argument was promoting items and when implementing them they weren’t the same. As far as concept goes yah they are cool but not relating to the original topic.

• Never before have I seen so much effort put into so many posts, and never before have I seen the whole community come together like this (in terms of the forums). As for all the posts here, I 100% agree.
    Still though, I have never before seen someone put as much effort into the forums as this AND invoke a response for a Rare Dev. I don't really have much to contribute, so I'll leave.

• @voshell I'm trying to establish a steady rhythm rather than one big drop, it's much more sustainable for us and more predictable for players so you can plan what you go for.

@chronodusk I am seeing what I can do with the Bone Crusher sets. As always I will not make any promises but I am very aware of them.

• @pr8roberts

Awesome to hear - thanks again for taking the time to answer!

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Seamarks jacket kind of matches the Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss as he is associated with Lesedi & the Sea Dogs. I actually found a better picture of him and it actually shows his gloves; which happen to be the same gloves the Sea Dog Agents wear in the arena as well.

alt text

I'd really like that bandanna. I loved seeing that Peacekeeper blue headgear on skellies.
    Really more variety of do-rags in general, and what about recolors of Hero sets, like maybe the Daring Deceiver's Hat?

• Thank you, The Dread @pr8roberts ! I believe this is the first confirmation we’ve had that you guys are aware of the two incomplete Bone Crusher sets. My soul can rest easy now.

• @ninja-naranja
    It's photoshopped. you can tell because the left glove is white. Based on that information, you can see that they equipped the Glorious Sea Dog set in order to get the golden accents (which are hard to photoshop). Then they changed the colors. It looks just a little off (which is almost impossible to avoid).

• @grumpyw01f well it looks fantastic! So props to whoever shopped it!

Black and gold is a nice look though 👀

@voshell I'm trying to establish a steady rhythm rather than one big drop, it's much more sustainable for us and more predictable for players so you can plan what you go for.

@chronodusk I am seeing what I can do with the Bone Crusher sets. As always I will not make any promises but I am very aware of them.

Understood completely. It was just a little exaggerated optimism; and again I would like to reiterate how much I appreciate your replies, considerations & overall how much you have been releasing in regards to cosmetics. Thank you for your relentless support.

• @joe-krakatoa said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

alt text

I'd really like that bandanna. I loved seeing that Peacekeeper blue headgear on skellies.
    Really more variety of do-rags in general, and what about recolors of Hero sets, like maybe the Daring Deceiver's Hat?

Yeah I love it. The whole outfit is tremendous including the tattoo & beard as well.

• Can you guys please bring back the rising morningstar crew set in some type of way, through twitch drops, a new type of thing for the tall tales, anything, make it where you can guy buy them, I know so many people that want it back in the game that missed out on it. You have to realize some people didn’t play during that time or they just couldn’t get on for whatever reason. I just think it would be good seeing that so many people want this item back. Would love to see it back in the game

• Look at what I found! 🤭
    👉 ArtStation Magazine Sea of Thieves art blast 👈

• @galactic-geek

Great find Geek, awesome stuff!

• @wagstr said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@galactic-geek

Great find Geek, awesome stuff!

Agreed! You have been so quiet lately I was getting a little worried...seriously though...stunning find!

• This is the Calypso Hair & Makeup I mentioned previously

alt text

Views
337 out of 1351