Rework to the respawn system

• A rework to the respawn system would be great, especially one that reduces the load time/ doesn't put you in whatever sub server thing you get put in on death. Cause anytime I die is the past couple hours guaranteed wasted because I spend the next 5 minutes loading in, and the ship sinks cause nobody is there to repair, bail, or return fire. I could be killed by a boarder and then the ship is gone by the time I respawn.

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
    xbox onefeedback
  • @roboticgamer117 The ''infinite black screen'' Isnt intended. Theres a set black screen that IS intended, but yes when you get the 30+ second blackscreen mid fight its painful. But thats not intentional and is effectively caused by ping. I dont see it being reworked but rather they just fix the black screens.

• This all sounds to be a Player connection or server issue.
    Not the respawn timer, because those have been changed already.

• @roboticgamer117 my 7 year old x box had that problem, longest ferry was 14 minutes while I heard my ship sinking. On x box series s I never have a black screen. If I do it’s not even 2 seconds.

• This isnt a respawn system issue, its either hardware, or a connection issue. I have fairly dated hardware and almost always i had time to recover while solo, and that was on the old respawn timer before it was reduced, then rebalanced.

• @goldsmen said in Rework to the respawn system:

This isnt a respawn system issue, its either hardware, or a connection issue. I have fairly dated hardware and almost always i had time to recover while solo, and that was on the old respawn timer before it was reduced, then rebalanced.

This is misinformation. There are occasional 30+ second blackscreens on newest generation hardware and fiber optic connections. This has been confirmed hundreds of times by now.

If you still need proof I'll post my high end hardware specs, my high end connection speedtests and videos of me blackscreening for over 30 seconds on 50-70 ping servers.

• Mine seem very quick, less then few seconds. If I get a long lasting black screen, it means my ship already sank and the server is just loading my fresh new ship to an island somewhere

• @zig-zag-ltu

Just last night I sat at a blackscreen for 5 minutes and heard everything going on on our ship. An enemy even brought a keg in and exploded it all the while I was on blackscreen listening to it unfold. Didnt sink but it was close because of the blackscreen bug.

Its definetly an issue in the game and not a hardware issue. Happens infrequently but still sometimes. And yes, the game is on SSD and I've got a very decent PC.

32gb ram, i5 8600k OC 4.8ghz, 1080 TI 12gb, SSD

• Yup the blackscreens are a well-known issue. I've seen streamers on I9, nv 3090, fast ssd get them. I'm on a i7 8700 32gb ram, nv 2080, SSD, and further 1000/1000 fiber. Up to 5 minute long black screens, only happens during close proximity pvp encounters. Only had around 5-10 of them in the past several months but they are game-breaking, most recently 3 days ago.

• Does anyone get them on Series S/X? It seems PC isolated. I can tell you going from a One to an S I've only been blackscreened once in the year or so I've had it. Load times are ridiculously improved. I think a quick revamp of loading priorities could help the One's try to keep up.

• @alienmagi said in Rework to the respawn system:

@goldsmen said in Rework to the respawn system:

This isnt a respawn system issue, its either hardware, or a connection issue. I have fairly dated hardware and almost always i had time to recover while solo, and that was on the old respawn timer before it was reduced, then rebalanced.

This is misinformation. There are occasional 30+ second blackscreens on newest generation hardware and fiber optic connections. This has been confirmed hundreds of times by now.

If you still need proof I'll post my high end hardware specs, my high end connection speedtests and videos of me blackscreening for over 30 seconds on 50-70 ping servers.

I wanna see! 😁

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Rework to the respawn system:

Mine seem very quick, less then few seconds. If I get a long lasting black screen, it means my ship already sank and the server is just loading my fresh new ship to an island somewhere

This has also typically been my experience. I have suffered from a long-blackout maybe once or twice this entire year (my specs: Series X with 6mbps down and 1mbps up).

• @alienmagi said in Rework to the respawn system:

@goldsmen said in Rework to the respawn system:

Say what you will, but im running a 1050gpu, 16 gigs of ram, and an amd FX cpu, and hardly ever do i get a blackscreen that lasts over 10 seconds.

• @pithyrumble sagte in Rework to the respawn system:

Does anyone get them on Series S/X? It seems PC isolated. I can tell you going from a One to an S I've only been blackscreened once in the year or so I've had it. Load times are ridiculously improved. I think a quick revamp of loading priorities could help the One's try to keep up.

SeriesX here, no issues with that long black screens...mostly 2-3 seconds, if another ship is nearby (skellie or player) it can take a bit longer, but never had over 10 seconds black screen

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
xbox onefeedback
4 / 14