Blackheart Banshee Set

• I don't know if it's just me or not, but does anyone else think the story surrounding the Blackheart Banshee set shares a lot of similarities with the story surrounding Phantom Manor? (Disneyland Paris's Haunted Mansion). The Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides in Disney and I love the lore surrounding the various rides. I was getting déjà vu reading the text inscriptions for the Blackheart Banshee set and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. If it wasn't a call-back to the Haunted Mansion, this feels like a very thought-out story for a simple DLC ship set. I wonder if we'll be visiting Blackheart Manor in the future?

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
  • cosmetics are known for getting people passing around theories but nothing ever really comes out of it

maybe, I dunno, but thus far stuff stuff doesn't really tend to be the clue that people think/hope it is

• @wolfmanbush
    That's a good point! I just thought I'd bring it up because the similarities felt uncanny to me. Even the costume feels like it was inspired by Constance Hatchaway. (The bride who murdered her husbands)

• @lucky11 said in Blackheart Banshee Set:

@wolfmanbush
    That's a good point! I just thought I'd bring it up because the similarities felt uncanny to me. Even the costume feels like it was inspired by Constance Hatchaway. (The bride who murdered her husbands)

In general I love that sort of thing so I'm all for it

The set is one of my favorites for sure

• I just think it's the first all-around great looking set the emporium has had in a long time.

• Bean sí ("bean-sidhe" in old Irish and "banshee" anglicised, all the same pronunciation) were fairy women who could be heard crying near a home a few days before one of the family members died. Even if that family member was away, the rest of the family would hear the cries. There are other stories of bean sí being seen washing clothes at riversides whilst singing mournful songs, again shortly before a death.

Bean sí stories were by far the most common ghost stories I heard in school as a kid and they scared me so much. Those often leaned heavily into the noises one would hear at night in an empty house - taps dripping, clocks ticking, window creaks, the noises of foxes and dogs. What made them scarier is that the person whose death approached wouldn't hear the cries.

Even as an adult now, they creep me out. The Bleakheart Banshee set is cool though, but I'd say it's leaning into those myths and stories rather than anything Disney related.

• @realstyli
    That's really interesting! Phantom Manor was the first to come to mind because I, admittedly, don't know much about Irish folklore.

• @realstyli said in Blackheart Banshee Set:

Bean sí ("bean-sidhe" in old Irish and "banshee" anglicised, all the same pronunciation) were fairy women who could be heard crying near a home a few days before one of the family members died. Even if that family member was away, the rest of the family would hear the cries. There are other stories of bean sí being seen washing clothes at riversides whilst singing mournful songs, again shortly before a death.

Bean sí stories were by far the most common ghost stories I heard in school as a kid and they scared me so much. Those often leaned heavily into the noises one would hear at night in an empty house - taps dripping, clocks ticking, window creaks, the noises of foxes and dogs. What made them scarier is that the person whose death approached wouldn't hear the cries.

Even as an adult now, they creep me out. The Bleakheart Banshee set is cool though, but I'd say it's leaning into those myths and stories rather than anything Disney related.

out in the woods and in small towns in the states it's the white lady

if it wasn't squatch knockin' it was the white lady associated with whatever tragedy was whispered about in the area

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
7 / 8