PvP gamemode(s)

• There are a group of people who want to play pvp gamemodes. Removing arena won’t help to clear toxic players, it’s just going to make them to move in adventure mode what will make new players to leave. I would like to see a pvp gamemode in the future or a arena comeback.

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
    communityfeedbackgeneralcompetition
  • I would too.

But people seem to insist that removing it was necessary.

Worst decision in gaming ever

• @ottyman8687 spittin’ facts mate.

• In before the anchor drops.

Sorry they have spoken of the reasons and future.

• Arena players are largely looking for action, thrilling action not just dunking on new players just because

Thrilling action in this game at this time is reapers and the new athena stuff

all most players have to do is make a bunch of gold and work on comms outside of the high risk and easy to find/identify styles of pve.

Arena closing has brought a few more into hopping pvp for easy to find high value targets (most were already part time doing this anyway) but it has minimal effect on most players in adventure.

• @wolfmanbush can’t agree mate.

I guess you ain’t saw TDM-ers yet. I wasn’t talking about arena community specifically, I was talking about the TDM-ers and the toxic side of arena.

I mean I know that many TDM-ers aren’t that toxic but most of them are.

My point is that removing arena will not “remove” toxic players from the game, it will make the situation worse.

• @blodeyy4008 said in PvP gamemode(s):

@wolfmanbush can’t agree mate.

I guess you ain’t saw TDM-ers yet. I wasn’t talking about arena community specifically, I was talking about the TDM-ers and the toxic side of arena.

I mean I know that many TDM-ers aren’t that toxic but most of them are.

My point is that removing arena will not “remove” toxic players from the game, it will make the situation worse.

Lots of people are tdmers in reality, there isn't some skill or personality requirement to participate in the style and skill isn't an indicator anything personality based.

This game is easy to get away from anyone by grabbing another server when there is an issue.

I've played a lot and fought a lot so that creates a pretty helpful sample size of activity to use in threads like this.

Is there a significant amount of cringe out there when it comes to these combat scenarios? yeah, a lot of it, but that's really just everyone not one type or style. It's easy to find mild condescending and passive aggressive stuff in this game. Just how it goes I suppose. Not against the rules and isn't toxic based on any sort of standard set by the rules.

As far as camping goes unless it's clearly targeting individuals the gameplay itself is just a part of what happens out there. Completely inexperienced players camp each other just like skilled players camp inexperienced players and skilled players camp each other. Skill doesn't really make a camp any better or worse it's still just a camp and a kill. Adventurers were doing it while arena was still around.

It's super easy to get away from these scenarios with a server hop.

• Nobody played Arena from the start. Separate modes are never coming to the game, ever again.

• @blam320 LOL can’t agree.

It’s maybe just me and my friends but 90% of the people who I talked to and I asked about arena frickin’ enjoyed it.

When I don’t have much time, just like 1-2 hour, I don’t like to play adventure mode ‘cause I can’t do a single thing in that time. If you didn’t played that much of arena, didn’t liked it, i’m sure that you can agree with me that it was a great gamemode to hop in while you had only just a bit of playtime.

I’m personally a “gamer” who played pvp games in his entire life. From fortnite to CS:GO everything, there is a feeling when you play that much pvp games that you are “hungry for action”. I’m sure that many people are similar to me 🙂.

I think the pvp in SOT is really great, fr one of the best what I ever saw and I think it would be bad if they dont focus on this side 2.

@blam320 LOL can’t agree.

It’s maybe just me and my friends but 90% of the people who I talked to and I asked about arena frickin’ enjoyed it.

When I don’t have much time, just like 1-2 hour, I don’t like to play adventure mode ‘cause I can’t do a single thing in that time. If you didn’t played that much of arena, didn’t liked it, i’m sure that you can agree with me that it was a great gamemode to hop in while you had only just a bit of playtime.

I’m personally a “gamer” who played pvp games in his entire life. From fortnite to CS:GO everything, there is a feeling when you play that much pvp games that you are “hungry for action”. I’m sure that many people are similar to me 🙂.

I think the pvp in SOT is really great, fr one of the best what I ever saw and I think it would be bad if they dont focus on this side 2.

People keep saying this yet the official statistic is only 2% of all playtime was in the Arena. You are objectively in the wrong.

• @ottyman8687 if this is the worst decision on gaming ever then you must be new to gaming. Removing Arena will be healthy for the game in the long run, even if that comes at a cost of a fraction of the player base.

• Adventure mode should offer tools for PVP players. Nowadays it is not difficult if you want to do pvp, find it. Adventure mode cannot be PVE. I like PVE but also find myself in an unexpected fight to defend my loot. It's the risk, if everything was so easy... I would play for a week and be out.

• @blam320 20%* and only that much ‘cause sot got a lot of new players who instantly
    quit the game. And who is new to sot is not going to play arena instantly.

Everyone who played arena played adventure 2 ‘cause adventure is a great gamemode, like I have more than 10x that much playtime in adventure than in arena, but I still frickin’ loved arena. Players who played it didn’t only played arena…

But the point is that there should be some pvp gamemode in SOT.

@blam320 20%* and only that much ‘cause sot got a lot of new players who instantly
    quit the game. And who is new to sot is not going to play arena instantly.

Everyone who played arena played adventure 2 ‘cause adventure is a great gamemode, like I have more than 10x that much playtime in adventure than in arena, but I still frickin’ loved arena. Players who played it didn’t only played arena…

But the point is that there should be some pvp gamemode in SOT.

Where did you get that 20% statistic from? The official Rare stat is 2%. The point, again, is NOBODY would play another game mode. The official metrics support this conclusion. You are objectively wrong.

• @blam320 said in PvP gamemode(s):

@blodeyy4008 said in PvP gamemode(s):

Where did you get that 20% statistic from? The official Rare stat is 2%. The point, again, is NOBODY would play another game mode. The official metrics support this conclusion. You are objectively wrong.

His point is that 2% is a nonsense statistic.

That's 2% of ALL PLAYERTIME. That includes all the millions of players who joined, player adventure for an hour and then quit. It also takes into account people who play adventure a lot.

Obviously it's unlikely to be 20%, yes, but in real terms there is no way it was 2%. Because again, it takes into account EVERYONE. Meaning it isn't reliable. A reliable stat would only take regular players into account.

There was no reason to remove it. It achieved absolutely nothing and did more harm than good. It's the main thing that has caused a huge rise in server hoppers and relentless PvP from lootless ships who just want to sink.

PvP in adventure is rarely as action-packed and exciting as a good Arena game. PvP in adventure is generally just running after a Reaper before they RedSea.

#BringBackArena

• @ottyman8687

That's 2% of ALL PLAYERTIME. That includes all the millions of players who joined, player adventure for an hour and then quit. It also takes into account people who play adventure a lot.

If I recall correctly, 2% is not all playertime, 2% was the average amount of playtime that was in arena over a given month. It isn't just 2% ever, they checked the stats on what % of the playerbase was in arena/adventure for multiple months, and the average amount was 2% Arena, 98% adventure.

players who joined, player adventure for an hour and then quit. A reliable stat would only take regular players into account.

No? surely if people played adventure for an hour then quit, it wouldn't skew the stat nearly as much as the players who consistently play. Likewise the idea that it should only take into account regular players is you admitting Arena did not cater towards newer players, whether that be because they tried it, got destroyed, and didn't play it again, or they just didn't get interested and never played it once. Both of these are issues, and as such should be represented in the figure. If you only count regular players then the number will be higher and seem like a higher % of the playerbase plays arena, when in actuality, they don't.

There was no reason to remove it. It achieved absolutely nothing and did more harm than good. It's the main thing that has caused a huge rise in server hoppers and relentless PvP from lootless ships who just want to sink.

There were lots of reasons to remove it, such as;

• They can use the arena server space for adventure
    • Its better to use development time on Adventure rather than use it attempting to fix arena
    • Arena had an incredibly high ratio of toxicity reports to hours played, whether this is due to the nature of the mode, or the fact that its just because a lot of people are together, doesn't matter, toxicity is toxic no matter how you try and justify it.
    • Arena had an incredible amount of issues with the gameplay and often left newer players in the dust, it was only conducive to a small amount of the playerbase.

PvP in adventure is rarely as action-packed and exciting as a good Arena game.

Don't act like Arena was this perfect PvP Heaven. For every intense action packed arena match, there were 50 matches of afk ships, people disconnecting at the start, people hard cannon farming, or new players who had no idea what was going. Yes not all adventure sessions are action packed and exciting, but neither were all the arena ones. The difference is that in order to fix the 50 bad matches in arena you'd need to invest development time, time they couldn't justify due to the sheer lack of playtime. If 98% of the playtime is in adventure, you're better off developing that mode.

I'm not an Arena Hater, I really enjoyed the mode towards the end when it had more players. Arena needed to be fixed ages ago, there was a certain point where you just couldn't bring it back without major risk. if they had payed close attention to the mode and kept it steady the entire time, we'd have a great mode. But that didn't happen, nothing we can do about it.

Here's holding out hopes Lesedi revives the Sea Dogs tavern into an entirely PvP focused adventure faction.

• I think instead of sea dogs, sea sharks should be a new faction. Even npcs used to say sea sharks don't make sense or something. Or either just try to max out everything. Arenas closure made me very sad, but knowing there were many things, i am doing them right now. I am trying to always stack 5 to 7 world events daily with an experienced crew and grade 5 reaper. I'm trying to get da ship set and pistol, i have the full clothing set and 3 weapons. I have killed 4 shrouded ghosts and am trying to get 1 more for the rarest title. I agree, new gamemode should be added, but they can just add minigames like mario party or something so pvpers get satisfied, or just dueling your crewmate and send him to ferry.

• @blodeyy4008

Just because you and your friend group played arena doesn't mean it was an active mode. It was filled with bots/AFKers or people doing TDM. Which isn't the point of arena at all.

It's gone for a reason, if it was something a huge % enjoyed it would still be in the game but it's not and it's not coming back either due to how inactive it was.

Having a mode up that only 2% of the playtime goes into doesn't make sense in the slightest.

• Ahoy!

Going to be dropping anchor on this thread as there is a post about Rare's thoughts on PvPvE (including a link to the Sea of Thieves Podcast that discusses it) here.

All decisions around the Arena and its closure are final and you can read about it here.

These decisions will not be reversed.

Thanks!

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
communityfeedbackgeneralcompetition
22 / 23