HOW TO GET A REWARD?!

• @schwammlgott said in HOW TO GET A REWARD?!:

@rilez0 you know what I did, when I realized I get no gold...if I'm in an alliance, I leave the alliance, because sometimes this causes an issue...[…]

Yeah, I noticed (and tested) that if you're in a 2-ship alliance where the other ship's crew is no longer active (e.g. Alt-F4 or a disconnect) but the ship is still on the server, you have a 50% chance of not getting gold & rep for turning in treasure.

As soon as the ship is removed (and the alliance is ended) you get gold & rep again. Same as when the crew comes back.

I guess that f you're in a 3-shop alliance with one 'ghost ship' you (and the other active crew) have a 33% chance of not getting gold & rep for your loot, and so on.

• Ahoy!

When data losses things happen we can not take the extremes (those who stacked millions or those who stacked nothing) when we hand out compensation.

Instead, we take a high-end average of the time there was an issue for the average player.

50k Gold and 30 Doubloons for a few hours is not a bad haul for the vast majority of our players.

For every 1 person stacking hundreds of thousands, there are thousands of players not stacking or doing Tall Tales or other things that provide very little loot, or they are selling little and often, therefore we go for an amount of compensation that pleases the majority. We understand it won't please everyone and that's unfortunate.

As for the data loss itself, as Tri has already mentioned, we discussed this in our latest podcast which you can find here.

As this topic is now stirring unrest and you have an official answer, I will be dropping anchor.

Thanks,
    j0toro

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
videofeedbackgeneralquestionwindows 10
36 / 37