Do we have an Accord?

• Granted I'm not as active as I once once, but I still enjoy sailing the Sea of Thieves at least once or twice a week. And I've noticed over the past 6 months or so the Sea has been almost...peaceful. I can only remember one occasion where I was attacked by other pirates, which as a solo-slooper I find unusual. It's not that the servers I have been playing on have been dead; I have sighted many other pirates on my voyages, even launched attacks on one or two ships meself! But pvp has become the exception rather than the norm, at least for me.

Mind you, I'm not complaining - I'm simply interested to see if others have noticed a similar trend, or whether it's just me?

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
  • I would expect quieter seas for the next month. Season is winding down. There aren't new emissary cosmetics for this month (if you've been keeping up...)

Although the last 6 months quiet? Maybe right after Pirate's Life launched.

• Each and everyone of us has a different experience when it comes to the seas and that depends on the way we play the game. Those who choose to represent emissaries or who have a task to complete will attract more adversaries.

• the tucking thing got taken over by hopping for reaper pvers mostly

that not only is where a lot of skilled pvp went but also just a lot of random pvpers as well

pretty much if you're not stacking fotd or doing fof or running a 4-5 grade reaper it's often smooth sailing for people with some experience

occasionally you'll have to deal with some reaper ship flag hunting but it's not a big thing or as common as people act like it is.

The unfortunate thing about this is that quality pve/pvp fights are super duper rare which makes pvp to a pve/pvper pretty darn pointless, so a lot of running and chasing when there is action

Personally I think the biggest hit during the evolution of the game has been true spirit pve/pvp. Moderate risk Pvers have is super duper easy now and pvpers that only hop for pvp and contribute very little have it super easy now but the high danger/high reward is pretty outta balance currently imo.

• @pithyrumble said in Do we have an Accord?:

I would expect quieter seas for the next month. Season is winding down. There aren't new emissary cosmetics for this month (if you've been keeping up...)

Although the last 6 months quiet? Maybe right after Pirate's Life launched.

Gosh, I stopped trying to update my cosmetic collection years ago! No way can my pirate look any cooler than he already does :)
    I hadn't factored in Pirate's Life though...yeah, that makes sense, nice catch.

• I have been attacked in each of my last four sessions. The sea in my experience has felt a bit more aggressive the past few weeks.

• Interesting! i guess my experience has been just that - my experience, not an indication the game has moved in a new direction.

• This is why server hopping frequently, is bad for the game.

• @ntraills actually I saw no difference to earlier times...as always I see sometimes no hostile ship at all and the other day every ship comes at you, then other days it's a mix...
    So it's basicly a RNG thing as always...I guess you just got lucky, or unlucky if you seek for PvP

• @ntraills It has it's days when we play. LAst Thursday we got 2 galleons on the same server to do the GlitterBeard ending. All was calm whist we done the quest after it was done we decide to put an Athena Emissary flag up on both ships and proceeded to do 2 Guilded Athena voyages, one on each ship. The chaos on the island was brutal and fun with both crews there but when we were on our way to the next island ships started coming in for us. Sadly they found out that these 2 Galleons were together and in constant chat with one another. After sinking 3 separate ships and 1 repeat offender it got quiet the rest of the adventure. Long story short..... it's a hit or miss kinda deal. Really depends on the mood of the players.

• the only time there is limited interaction in my experience is in the Roar. When in the rest of the map, there is an interaction ever 30-60 minutes. Not all of them are persistent PvPers and will give up after a short chase and making some distance. but regularly at least every two hours in the main section of the map there is someone going for pvp.

• Well, I guess I've just been consistently finding myself on peaceful servers...unless of course, everybody has finally learnt to fear the Dread Pirate ntraills, and flee at the sight of my sails...? Hah! I kinda like the sound of that, I'm going to go with that explanation.

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
1 / 12