[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback

• The Seabound Soul, our 5th Monthly Content Update is now live, so it's time for a new feedback mega thread.

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that Update 2.0.9 brings.

alt text

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
  • When solo-slooping and doing the Ashen Chest Voyage of Legends, if you die while the Ashen Guardian has spawned, he despawns and does NOT respawn when you respawn. This means you cannot obtain the orders to dig up the Ashen chest for the island you were at.

Please make it so that either the Ashen Guardian stays spawned while you are in the Ferry of the Damned, or so that it respawns when you respawn.

• @plazmadj good to know! So either wait for patch or not die. I may have to take that challenge!

• The issue with the cosmetics of tools is still there for me. (Ok, it is a known issue) My stuff changes back to other cosmetics every time I join the game. In the first minutes it can be that the tools retain their intended cosmetic, but they will suddenly change back even when I use them at the moment.

Also, on the Ferry of the Damned my pirate pulls her firebombs out and holds them in her hand. When I let her do an emote, this happens too, so after the emote ends, firebombs are again equipped.

• Sooo I got a Kraken, Megladon and skeleton sloop at the same time..
    Guess its a bug. Please fix :)

• @lundov This isn't a bug as i'm aware of, this is actually a thing that can happen, and if it does, you are just unlucky on that part. :(

• @plazmadj

@plazmadj said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

When solo-slooping and doing the Ashen Chest Voyage of Legends, if you die while the Ashen Guardian has spawned, he despawns and does NOT respawn when you respawn. This means you cannot obtain the orders to dig up the Ashen chest for the island you were at.

Please make it so that either the Ashen Guardian stays spawned while you are in the Ferry of the Damned, or so that it respawns when you respawn.

Exactly this however the captain will despawn if you are not within engagement range which was a shame as I lost 2 captains because of this.

• @takuboto THERE IS NO ASHEN CHEST VOYAGE AT STITCHER JIMS!!
    So getting the time limited commendation for it is impossible!

• @schwammlgott Are you a legend?

• Feedback: If the ash falling from an erupting volcano is going to set the ship on fire then you have in essence cut this Tall Tale off from solo players. The Roar as well is not navigable by a solo slooper any longer as long as the fire is this prevalent.

Bug: The inventory bug is still present

Bug: Pet behavior has been very erratic since the update. We have pets floating in mid air on our ship.

Feedback: cutting off content behind Pirate Legends for timed cosmetics was a poor choice.

Feedback: Not making us go back to Shipwreck Bay to finish the tale was a GREAT decision.

Feedback: being able to see the spectral ships of OTHER crews while on the tale has been confusing. Not sure if this is intended.

• @plazmadj sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

When solo-slooping and doing the Ashen Chest Voyage of Legends, if you die while the Ashen Guardian has spawned, he despawns and does NOT respawn when you respawn. This means you cannot obtain the orders to dig up the Ashen chest for the island you were at.

im not sure if that a bug or is it intended to work like that,if the second the case i would suggest 4 player crews should also lose if just one player die:)

• @lordhighfixxer sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

@schwammlgott Are you a legend?

Yes, I am...but still that voyage is missing

• Not sure if mentioned - Is there a way for it to stop you from selling the chest with the book inside and skull? When I sold the chest with stuff inside it. I didn't get rewarded for the stuff inside the chest.

DO NOT SELL THE CHEST WITH ITEMS INSIDE

• bug...
    doesn't complete my ashen dragon chest quest, I've done more than 10 times and didn't get the award condecoration...
    I already left the area put a mission away from the outpost....
    can anyone help me with this?

• @schwammlgott Fight the Gally Fleets, Red cloud in the sky they drop chests, I've had 3. Or LFG in discord search for a group with a pirate legend.

• @jameselitegamer sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

@schwammlgott Fight the Gally Fleets, Red cloud in the sky they drop chests, I've had 3. Or LFG in discord search for a group with a pirate legend.

I'm getting a headache...you people don't get it, right?!

There is a commendation for finishing an ashen chest voyage...BUT the voyage to get this commendation IS NOT THERE!!

Edit: The legendary ashen chest voyage is a DIFFERENT ONE!

• @plazmadj Same thing happened to me in a 2 man crew. We both died when we were fighting the captain and when we got back from the ferry the skeletons had despawned, so no chest for us.

• @schwammlgott no i think thats exactly the voyage to go for the commendation you need,is your game setup also in german?maybe its just a bit confusing translation

• @lordhighfixxer said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

Feedback: If the ash falling from an erupting volcano is going to set the ship on fire then you have in essence cut this Tall Tale off from solo players. The Roar as well is not navigable by a solo slooper any longer as long as the fire is this prevalent.

Bug: Pet behavior has been very erratic since the update. We have pets floating in mid air on our ship.

Feedback: cutting off content behind Pirate Legends for timed cosmetics was a poor choice.

Feedback: Not making us go back to Shipwreck Bay to finish the tale was a GREAT decision.

Feedback: being able to see the spectral ships of OTHER crews while on the tale has been confusing. Not sure if this is intended.

To give some anwsers to your points:

1. The volcanos on the tall tale islands have been disabled including the geisers also.
    2. Which inventory bug? :P
    3. The pets floating was already present since pets came out. Nothing new. You just might see it for the first time
    4. What time limited content? And why is it a bad choice? Pirate legends deserve some extra things. And if you mean ashen chest legendary voyage, then I think its good it's behind PL. They are very easy to get anyway.
    5. Agreed :).
    6. We did the tall tale yesterday and other crews were doing it too, but we only saw ours. But it might be some weird glitch.

Make sure you create a bug report also just to be sure.

• @weedstar-deluxe sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

@schwammlgott no i think thats exactly the voyage to go for the commendation you need,is your game setup also in german?maybe its just a bit confusing translation

[mod edited]

Think of this: Since Rare introduced the mercenary voyages there where ALWAYS a legendary voyage version of the regular voyage to buy at Dukes, why should it be different now?

• @mentimjojo sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

@lordhighfixxer said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

Feedback: If the ash falling from an erupting volcano is going to set the ship on fire then you have in essence cut this Tall Tale off from solo players. The Roar as well is not navigable by a solo slooper any longer as long as the fire is this prevalent.

To give some anwsers to your points:

1. The volcanos on the tall tale islands have been disabled including the geisers also.
    2. Which inventory bug? :P
    3. The pets floating was already present since pets came out. Nothing new. You just might see it for the first time
    4. What time limited content? And why is it a bad choice? Pirate legends deserve some extra things. And if you mean ashen chest legendary voyage, then I think its good it's behind PL. They are very easy to get anyway.
    5. Agreed :).
    6. We did the tall tale yesterday and other crews were doing it too, but we only saw ours. But it might be some weird glitch.

Make sure you create a bug report also just to be sure.

4: there should be a regular ashen chest voyage too...not only the legendary one...this is a mistake made by Rare! Hope the current hotfix gets this fixed!

• @schwammlgott idk it confused me also yesterday ,will try it later but now im also not sure if i get the commendation with the legendary voyage

edit: but when you look in the release notes there is just the legendary ashenchest voyage

• @weedstar-deluxe sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

@schwammlgott idk it confused me also yesterday ,will try it later but now im also not sure if i get the commendation with the legendary voyage

Trust me, I know I am right...sounds a bit "wise-guy"-like, but it's a fact...
    Are the server up again? Maybe they fixed it with the hotfix...
    I'm still at work, need to check later if they did fix it...

@schwammlgott idk it confused me also yesterday ,will try it later but now im also not sure if i get the commendation with the legendary voyage

edit: but when you look in the release notes there is just the legendary ashenchest voyage

[mod edited]

• Hi @schwammlgott,

Please remember that the Insider Program is under NDA and talking about experiences in it outside of the proper forum section is not allowed.

Thanks!

• @marrl sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

Hi @schwammlgott,

Please remember that the Insider Program is under NDA and talking about experiences in it outside of the proper forum section is not allowed.

Thanks!

Even if it's the only way to point out a mistake/bug/whatever in the main build?

• My friend and I were playing before the hot fix today (21.11.2019) and after the update my friend got an error (LapisBeard), he reinstalled the game, he restarted his computer but it doesn't work

• @lordhighfixxer I soloed the entire tall tale...on a brig. If I can keep a brig afloat in the roar with the new mechanics you can keep a sloop afloat. Saying the tall tale is cut of from solo players is ridiculous.

• Since the update there is no more water splash caused by the waves on the ship hull, also no more lil puddle moving on top deck. It might just be a detail but it ruins my immersion :'(

• @schneebaer17905 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

The issue with the cosmetics of tools is still there for me. (Ok, it is a known issue) My stuff changes back to other cosmetics every time I join the game. In the first minutes it can be that the tools retain their intended cosmetic, but they will suddenly change back even when I use them at the moment.

Also, on the Ferry of the Damned my pirate pulls her firebombs out and holds them in her hand. When I let her do an emote, this happens too, so after the emote ends, firebombs are again equipped.

Correction:
    The first issue is there, but its effects can return delayed; I played an hour after joining a server and everything seemed fine, shortly before I wanted to leave the game my stuff changed again its skin.

The second issue is due to the new key assignment for the fire bombs, they got by default the C key and there I had emotes too.

• It's really disheartening for me to see players complaining about difficulty of the game here. I have spent hours of playing this game and it is just getting easier because people don't like certain things. swords are now relegated to the worst weapon now in a pirate game! I am really finding it difficult to see the game i love become something that it shouldn't really be.

• My biggest criticism of this update is that the Ashen Dragon set looks bad on fat pirates. The dragon motif just gets stretched out and the belt/sash is well above the top of the pants and it really shows in this set. I want to love this set but it doesn't look nearly as good on my chonky boy or many other chonky boye as it does on a skinny pirate. Rare, please find some way to fix this! #FatPirateRights #JusticeForFatPirates

• My friend and I got and unlocked an Ashen Chest. Inside were a Tome V and two Doubloon Pouches. When I went to turn the chest in, I accidentally hit F instead of R to put the chest down and it turned in the chest without receiving any loot or commendations for what was inside of it. Not sure if it's a bug but we wasted a key and all that loot because I hit the wrong button.

• @wildmoussa sagte in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul Feedback:

Since the update there is no more water splash caused by the waves on the ship hull, also no more lil puddle moving on top deck. It might just be a detail but it ruins my immersion :'(

I have also noticed that. The top deck is total clean of water even the see goes crazy. Maybe not noticeable on a galleon but in smaller ships it breaks the immersion for me really much. I also notice that there is something wrong with the water sound. On high see with big waves it sounds like I am sailing near an island. The feeling of sailing on high sea is totally gone. It feels like I am flying over the waves. I cross checked old and brand new YouTube videos to see if it is only by me. But it's not only by me I can see a big change there in the wrong way. I hope it is just a bug and not removed because if the fire update. Would kill the game for me.

Sorry for my bad English but it's not my native language

• I like the new TT. It's awesome and the sword is amazeballs!

I like the fire mechanism. Shouldn't have nerfed firebomb spawn.
    LIGHT IT UP!!!
    I like the cosmetics, but keys. Ashen chests... getting a little complicated if I may.

A complaint that will be more colourfully described, a standard named skelly (a captain?) changed to a gold skelly on respawn. Not cool. Pve is running exploits now lol.

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
29 / 45