[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @pomalotacusmk3 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@needsmokes
    Funny how you get called out on im excited for this, but the countless repeats of counter arguments dont get called out too...bias maybe?

These last few pages have been hilarious, all the straw-grasping and tin foil hat predictions to try and win an argument that no one wants to have:
    None of the serious crossplay debaters have been involved in pve server discussions.
    Using Scarlett as a reason to postpone opt out for another 16 months is weak sauce, Rare havent said whether Scarlett gets the choice to opt out or not. Rare hasn't even said if Scarlett gets a super version or the Xbox X version of SoT. Maybe keep the tin foil in the top drawer for now, hats arent necessary.
    Rare hasn't stated whether the opt-out is happening because of pressure from Xbox owners, or because of internal stats and data(which they said they were collecting and analysing last year), but some posters seem certain that Xboxers pressure is the reason. If i was to put my own conspiracy hat on, i would guess that the data did show a noticeable difference, but because Rare don't want 100% of Xboxers to leave, they will not release those findings. I have no proof at all, but neither do the guys suggesting 'xbox pressure' as the reason ...I must remember to invest in tin foil shares at some point.
    Some posters like to imply that 'xboxers think all pc players have super computers'. Nah, not all, but some do. You chose to enter into a market with hundreds of variables and differences. Dont expect the market with a handful of variables to be happy about your invasion.

@NeedSmokes lol, got a bit sidetracked there, but I too am super excited that this option will finally be available. Let me know if you need another crew mate, I'll probably reinstall when the update goes live.

Also, if anyone cares, @NatiRedGals is also super excited that opt-out is finally happening. Also said something about sand, but i forget what.

Didn't he get buried in sand at chicken isle ?

That's what I heard

Of course I'm joking though

• @pomalotacusmk3 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260 whats funny is that people against the opt out think that it will hurt player interactions. Its actually the opposite. Xbox crews tend to avoid other ships knowing that if that one pc player exists on the other ship thier loss is guaranteed. By knowing that pc players no linger exist in a session we are more likely to engage or interact with other ships knowing they wont have some absurd powerhouse killing everyone. SoT is about interactions but interaction is so limited because pc players ruin these interactions

I do agree that post opt-out, I will be able to approach every ship without concern about the number of pc players on board, which will in turn change the way some interactions unfold.

Funny, I already do that. I don't check whether who I go against is on Xbox or pc, but either the amount of pc players is lower than people think, or there's not some amazing advantage from every pc player, because I don't notice one

• So what i keep seeing is Xbox vs PC players when in actual fact it's Controller vs Mouse and Keyboard users.

For me the opt out option would be a good thing as it gives more people the choice to play how they want to.

• @nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260 Xbox crews tend to avoid other ships knowing that if that one pc player exists on the other ship thier loss is guaranteed.

This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever read
    Thats funny because my two crews I play with on xbox do Exactly just this.

• @princessasuna96
    Doesnt make it any less ridiculous.

• @pomalotacusmk3
    My comment about him waiting was just a joke. You know the whole i cant wait but i have been waiting a year buisness.

• @nwo-azcrack Whats bad about it? You think I want to approach a ship to have one pc guy jump aboard and kill my whole crew of 4 80 times. A crew that when in combat wins 9/10 times. Its a frightening experience losing your ship to a deity that lives in a realm of pure power.

• @princessasuna96 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack Whats bad about it? You think I want to approach a ship to have one pc guy jump aboard and kill my whole crew of 4 80 times. A crew that when in combat wins 9/10 times. Its a frightening experience losing your ship to a deity that lives in a realm of pure power.

alt text

• @princessasuna96
    Just sayin the chance of you comming across a pc player that can easily wipe your crew is very slim.

Until recently i strickly pvped for the longest time. 90% of the players i came across were terrible at pvp. Those elite players you talk about are super rare.

Any small advantage pc has is negated if you are good at ship combat. If you get boarded and your whole crew killed, you already made mistakes.

Its ridiculous to avoid everyone just because they may be pc. I would bet most players are on xbox anyway.

@Troubled-Cells im dyin laughin here

• @pomalotacusmk3 If a xbox crew encounters a ship with even 1 pc player you might as well scuttle to be honest

• @troubled-cells LOL I love it

• @blatantwalk4260 You will get scuttled anyway by unlimited fps lol

• @princessasuna96 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells LOL I love it

Gotta live up to my evil PC overlord reputation i suppose lol

Glad you liked it.

@blatantwalk4260 You will get scuttled anyway by unlimited fps lol

Fps doesn't make that big of a difference. They can see things slightly faster, but as long as you're at a decent level, you should be fine

• @princessasuna96
    Trust me, fps is not why you are losing to pc players.

• @nwo-azcrack

Trust me, fps is not why you are losing to pc players.

What good is a high framerate, if you don't have physical reaction speed to match it. This is like buying a graphics card that supports 144 Hz yet your monitor is locked at 60 Hz. All it is is wasted frames.

• So segregation of the seas is the answer? I don't mind as long as it's equal, why do pc players have to be forced to play with xbox players? If your going to provide a feature, please do so in a way that everyone may use. It's wrong to take the sides of xbox players only.

• @red0demon0
    Very unfortunate.
    What ever happed to "We Sail Togeather"?

I would hate to see more segregation with a pc only server, but i guess fair is fair.

Not all of us xbox guys want an opt out.
    I promise if ya let me in those pc servers i could more than hold my own.

• @red0demon0 PC is against opting out thats why. If you can get more pc players who want it go for it

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@red0demon0 PC is against opting out thats why. If you can get more pc players who want it go for it

But il think you'll find most PC players wouldn't object to input based lobbies that maintain cross play.

• @nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@red0demon0
    Very unfortunate.
    What ever happed to "We Sail Togeather"?

I would hate to see more segregation with a pc only server, but i guess fair is fair.

Not all of us xbox guys want an opt out.
    I promise if ya let me in those pc servers I could more than hold my own.

That's the problem, we sail together except when some xbox players complain and then all of a sudden we don't... but only at the complete discretion of xbox players, pc players don't have a choice. Pc has had to have a bunch of things reduced including distance limitations to make the playing field fair but no one complained about it. The game is already becoming segregated, I just ask that if that's the way they are going then don't go around forcing segregation on a portion of the player base, give pc players the equal choice too. Make it an equal opportunity situation

• @red0demon0
    I agree.

• @red0demon0 Then say more if you hated the changes on pc to balance the game this is all the more reason why crossplay should never exist.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@red0demon0 Then say more if you hated the changes on pc to balance the game this is all the more reason why crossplay should never exist.

Sorry my friend but you are just 100% wrong on your last point.

• so when is this meant to be taking affect?

• @commando-slippy It shouldn't be too far off matey! Its currently going through Insider testing.

• @musicmee is it on the insider i must admit havent been on in a month ill go check it out

• @musicmee said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@commando-slippy It shouldn't be too far off matey! Its currently going through Insider testing.

Sorry to go of topic but isn't talking about the contents of the insider program in any description restricted to its sub forum and a breach of NDA?

• @troubled-cells It is. Countless posts have (rightfully) been deleted or edited.

• Oh it's being tested!!

Might be rolled out on this weeks update then..
    Will have to keep a weathered eye on the patch notes when released.
    But a shame it's only the arena currently. Adventure needs it more.

• As this thread is divulged into a lot of heated discussion, debate general unrest we'll be locking the thread. Once this has become available to players, we'll open up a new thread to allow for feedback and further discussion.

โพสต์
1.4m
การดู
3570 จาก 3601