[Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3

• @oxynator you apparently seem to be having a breakdown. Speaking in your native tongue is a clear sign that the second language isn't able to assist you in the salt throwing. Do you need a hug? Free hugs.

• @xgodkevin sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

@oxynator you apparently seem to be having a breakdown. Speaking in your native tongue is a clear sign that the second language isn't able to assist you in the salt throwing. Do you need a hug? Free hugs.

Yes please, tell where i can find you. i will huge you too. but the German way of hugging.

Just saying that i know kiddos like you, you already proofed it with your nickname.. i mean the x at the beging.. its the same like in the mid 90's when all the kiddos start to add numbers like (1337) when we did Hexspeak, that is what you kids will use in 2020, when the IPv6 is out for everyone and you understand what Hex is...

• @oxynatOr Well, I have had this name since 1996 during the good ole aol days. ;) I know quite a few Germans, some that I play with on a daily basis. They would be disappointed in your behaviour :(

@oxynatOr Well, I have had this name since 1996 during the good ole aol days. ;) I know quite a few Germans, some that I play with on a daily basis. They would be disappointed in your behaviour :(

See i knew it :) mid 90... What about my hug?

Disappointed in me? why? i care more about a sack of rise in china, then what other ppl think about me..

• @oxynator I will give you a hug. Are you in the states? We can do a public meetup and give free hugs and save the world.

• @xgodkevin

sorry im not a Cheerleader, i don't save the world

• @oxynator are you to good for giving hugs and saving the world?

• @xgodkevin

dude, since when Germans are nice ppl? we are always mad/bad/evil :(

• @oxynator Negative, as mentioned above, I have a few people that I play with a lot from Germany. Great group there, nice as can be.

@oxynatOr Well, I have had this name since 1996 during the good ole aol days. ;) I know quite a few Germans, some that I play with on a daily basis. They would be disappointed in your behaviour :(

If this would be the only german on the forum, we would be disappointed of this representation.

• @sirliborius sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

@xgodkevin sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

If this would be the only german on the forum, we would be disappointed of this representation.

So you know me?
    i F. woth the dude, because he sayd when we can choose to disable cross-play. he will running the game for xbox players with a Keyboard/Mouse adapter for the console..
    but i have to shame....

crazy world! You guys dont know me, and already have a opinion about a person... yes this is how wise and big you are---- i'm disappointed in how quick someone you nerver saw/talk to is something different...

@oxynator Negative, as mentioned above, I have a few people that I play with a lot from Germany. Great group there, nice as can be.

that why i'm saying...

• @oxynator I meant your behaviour, not the pure content. And looking at the way you treat people here is simply not helpful and doesn't help to keep discussions on a factual level.
    And please don't blame people for judging you after you did exactly the same thing. A x on the beginning of a nickname doesn't mean a lot. ;-)

• We MUST be given an option of switching off cross-play, PC players do get an advantage simple as that. When you're getting no scoped from 300yards away and when you're ducking and diving in the water you know there is something wrong with what the guys are doing, when their cannon balls track your boat no matter what manoeuvre you perform. I class myself as a good player compared to most and when I come up against fair play I notice the difference and very rarely get killed or sunk so easily. I don't mind playing against fair PC players but which ones these are we will never know. Give us the option (not disable) and all will be happy.

• @sirliborius

not really no, the thing is after the time you see what kind of ppl use what kind of nicks...
    and xXX####XXx are the worst.. its a life experience not something i have hear.

my self-esteem (i hope it is right) comes from my Job/Work , not some 0815 video-game. so i don't mind what other ppl think about me.

• @oxynator to answer your question, the x in my name is because i didnt have access to my original name without the x, so it stuck lol

• Personnaly, I love Cross Play.
    I'm finally able to play with my bests friends (known them for +10 years) that are on XBOX with my PC.
    I have also an XBOX but most of my time is spent on PC so I'm glad that cross play is there.

I can understand the concerns about the gap between XBOX and PC players because let's face it, there is a gap. No one can deny that playing at a FPS on PC is far more easy than on console with a controller.

That being said, I'm against a potential option for enabling and/or disabling crossplay.
    I've seen games (like ED) letting players the option of playing alone, or alone with friends exclusively and it always ended with a community splitten into multiple groups.
    On PC, there is always the possibility of a huge gap between someone with a +2000$ setup and someone playing with his laptop and a cheap mouse and it never occured to anyone to do something about it like "let's split them or give them the option to".
    In the case of SOT, I found that the game offered many options for console players to shine in battle.
    Sure, there is a gap, I can't deny that.
    But I think that this gap is vastly undermined by all the possibilities and scenarios it brings to the game.

• @psitch Almost every game offers multiple modes that "split the player base", and none have been affected negatively.

• I am tired to spend hours sailing for treaures, fighting in raids and being sank by one man only crew immortal as well as his/her ship was undestructible. 1 vs 4 killed everyone, his ship floating happily with at least 20-25 cannonballs in the belly.
    I am tired realizing how many sites offer aimbots, lootingbots and s.o. to PC players. Almost all of them in this forum depicting themselves like paladins of fairplay, bothered by a small minority of cheaters and hackers.
    The option for choosing cross platforming or not is not an option, it is MANDATORY.

P.S. edited for typos (and english is not my native language)

• @greaseman85 Good point here. :)
    The only difference is that these are modes that affects the way you play the game (be that CTF, FFA etc.) and not the kind of players (or the support they are on) you'll find to your game. That's what I was trying to explain before. I'm only expressing my fear that this option will do more harm than good to the game in the long run.

I think that a vaste majority of Xbox players will just deactivate the crossplay features if the option is implemented.
    Not to mention the possible PC players that would probably do the same just to prove something to themselves.

I really think that this "solution" is an illusion. People are already asking for the possibility to create a PVE-only server. Thus my example with ED.
    ED is a game that sold very well and you can litteraly travel to the most populated areas of the game without crossing anybody. People are switching to SOLO when they want to play "safe" and I don't think that's a good thing in a game like ED or, in this case, with SoT
    I mean, if you can do that, what's the point ?

This is something I like about this game: not knowing what type of encounters I may get. Not knowing if my session will be safe.

That being said, I totally agree that PC players have an advantage. I don't have the pretention to say that I have the ultimate solution, because I don't. But I don't think that letting the player the option to deactivate crossplay is the solution.

• There still doesn't seem to be a definitive argument for not making crossplay optional??

• I do use cross play because I don't own two Xboxes. I play couch-coop with a friend of mine, I hook up my PC to a second TV and the plays on my Xbox. (I need those 60 fps!)

He plays using the One controller (obviously!) and I use the Steam controller, and I notice the advantage I have while aiming and looking around. Then again he never got into a fight he couldn't handle. We don't know whether the other guys were PC or Xbox players but from what I experienced there is nearly no difference in a fight.

The disadvantage is as @elem08 put it negligible because of how the combat system works. I may updae this post when I notice the differences during further play.

Disclaimer: I only played the game for about ten hours in total (Alpha, Beta, Release).

• @wesk89 you actually followed me into another thread, and then made your own mistake whilst doing it... I have no words. PC users do NOT pay for xbox live gold.

• Imo an option to disable crossplay would be the best way to balqnce everythimg out without having to tweak gameplay mechanics. Anyone saying that if this option exists xbox players would quickly enable it, which makes them aware that there is a reason for Xbox players to do so.

Why assume such a thing if there is no clear advantage that pc players have over xbox? Any good pc player that can aim and jump will almost always win against someone using a controller, mouse and keyboard are inherently more accurate than joysticks.

And those that say PvP is a small part of the game is simply wrong. While players will always do the fetch quests, there will away be aggressive players lurking in the waters. The raid grants the most loot, and encourages PvP play.

• @crazyt101 While I agree that PC players have an advantage, I just don't think the option to deactivate cross play is a good solution in the long run.

What's the next step ? PVE-only server ? Servers with only Xbox players that do not have an Elite controler ?
    Because yeah, having an Elite controler IS an advantage in a game.
    You can jump all you want and still be able to aim while doing so.
    Sure the advantage is not as important than playing with KB/Mouse but it's there.

And I agree with @Wesk89 when he says: "Then again he never got into a fight he couldn't handle."
    This is exactly what we're doing with my crew (again, I'm the only PC player in my crew). We are extremely cautious and we try our best to estimate our odds before engaging or continuing a fight.
    And yes, sometimes you get surprised and someone rammed you while you weren't paying attention. Therefore there's nothing you can do to avoid the fight and in that particular scenario, yes, you have to deal with a potential PC-player. But that's how the game works.

• @psitch The reason for disabling cross-platform is something you agree with, pc players have an advantage over xbox players. That alone should allow this option to have a fair playing field.

PvE servers do not serve such a purpose.

Xbox Elite controllers allow paddles for extra buttons and customizizing deadzones/sensitivity (which you can do already in SoT), but they do not allow for greater accuracy like a mouse does. I use an Elite, and if i have an advantage it is no use compared to a mouse.

"Thats how the game works."
    If the game is unfair, and is supposed to work as such, then you will lose a player base.

• @crazyt101 I'll just repeat what I said twice:
    I don't have the pretention to say that I have the ultimate solution, because I don't.
    But I don't think that disabling crossplay is a good solution in the long run for the game.

If Rare decides to implement that option, I'll accept it and time will tell us if I was right or wrong.
    But in the meantime, I just think this would be a huge step back :)
    Wait & see !

• @psitch That is fine to believe such a thing, but i think this will be the easiest solution.

Rocket League works just fine with the option, for example.

• @crazyt101 It's the easiest for sure but a little too extreme for my taste.
    Rocket League and SoT cannot be compared in my opinion. They are way to different.
    It's like comparing Sot with Overwatch. Not the same thing at all :)

• @psitch True about tbe comparison. I don't think pc players in Rocket League have as big of an advantage as here.

• @khaleesibot Was just reading another thread and YOU closed it directing people to this thread.

It seems that Rare are adamant to hack people off and ignore the claims they made about good community and playing together. The PvPvE idea may work eventually but should have been far better thought through during beta and pre-release. As it stands it is a total 'Bog Up' failing to balance SoT player skills (the iliterate 'git good' types) with occassional and family players who aren't PvP skilled or necessarily wanting to become so. BALANCE out the player/crew PvP skills with a play history algorithm that makes it harder for Hi SoT PvP players/crews to sink/rob Lower PvP record players.

I seriously doubt that the coders or project team have a care for these Low PvP players. You have just reported in the last update to have made PvP more likely so you have shown total disrespect back to those that have requested improvements to be able play SoT and enjoy their Purchase (your income).

MS have hacked a lot of people off with their aims of being a 1 Trillion Dollar business. Rare/MS actually want to promote ill feeling , aggression and bad spirit so they are letting this whole thing run. It is totally disrespectful of their paid-up customers through beta, from advertising to the current position. They and any that think it is ok and shut down people that have paid raising their points are a disgrace.

• cross play is fun

• I say either give the option for crossplay or make the matchmaking group people with controllers separated from people using mouse and keyboard

• @ods7-117 said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 3:

I say either give the option for crossplay or make the matchmaking group people with controllers separated from people using mouse and keyboard

I favor the separating M/KB and controller users, especially if there are plans for Xbox to support M/KB. I do NOT want to play any competitive PvP games with others using M/KB. This just defeats the purpose of consoles and why people play them.

• @greaseman85 Has that ever been done before? I dont recall a game that separates m/kb and controllers.

โพสต์
การดู
269 จาก 300