My first big alliance

• Hi All,

I just wanted to share this story for what it's worth.

Last night me and my first mate set sail looking for something simple to do so we had some buried treasure maps to complete.

On the way to our first destination, we spotted some ghost ships and decided to take them on for a laugh. As we got closer it became apparent an Order of Souls emissary was trying to kill them solo. So we took down the ghost ship and collected the loot while the Order of Souls ship appears to be repairing.

Given that It was only 4 skulls and we weren’t here for the loot just the giggles I offered them the skulls and they proposed an alliance which we accepted.

Little did I realise what this would become…

Continuing to our destination for the buried treasure maps we spotted a Reaper Sloop on the horizon which our ally seemed keen to chase down. After some time chasing the reaper got a board on our vessel.

Once that was over and I respawned on our ship they had joined our alliance and the three of us were headed to a fort of fortune scaring off a Brigantine in the process.

We cleared the fort and next on the list was the activated FOTD at which point we acquired 2 more allies giving us a seriously dominant force on the water. Unfortunately the FOTD was bugged and we couldn’t complete it.

It seemed absurd to myself and my first mate that it didn’t matter who we saw on the water as we had almost full control of the server, all because I gave away some skulls...

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Organically formed alliances are a beautiful part of the experience for many people in this game.

It sounds like you had a grand adventure together.

Hopefully this is one of many experiences that you get to enjoy with other players on the servers you play on.

• Thank you, while I don't expect this to be something regular I think the rarity of these occasions makes them all the more special

• @chocodiledundee said in My first big alliance:

Thank you, while I don't expect this to be something regular I think the rarity of these occasions makes them all the more special

Weekends and special events lead to a lot of great experiences for people that they randomly meet and alliance with

More people are around during those times and with the common goal of events it often incentivizes more peaceful interactions

Wonderful thing about the game is that no matter what's happening or has been happening every session and every encounter is brand new opportunity for a memorable positive experience and connection with others.

also, love your name

• That's great! Some people will hate on alliances but organically formed alliances can be really fun...some people I allied up with when that feature first came out are people I still sail with to this day.

Публикации
Просмотры
4 из 5