PvP just isn't good.

• To all who want to answer this with the same "stop whining" or "its a PvPvE game, live by it" that allways gets postet under suggestions like this, please don't. I know what you want to say, It helps no one and is not constructiv at all. And to anyone who wants to anwer with the same "it will ruin the game if there was a PvE option", for who will it ruin the game? Certenly not for the players who just want to sail around a bit with some friends having some good times hunting treasure. Its will only ruin the game for the players who only having fun when hunting players that are not interestet in PvP, therfor try to avoit it and therfor are not as good at PvP as the ones who are hunting them. And to all with the argument that it would be to easy to grint for gold. What is the problem with that? You (with some unsignificant exeptions) can only buy cosmetics with that gold, so were is the problem with optaining it a little bit easyer? Cosmetics don't matter anything for anyone exept for yourself. Allthough you can just by gold with real mony, so what is the point in making it harder to get?
    There are plenty of reasons why I think PvP isn't good and other PvPvE games doing a way better job by deliviering a better PvP experice. From the fact that PvE Players have nothing to gain by entering an engagement with an attacking foe, to the fact that 90% of all attacks happening not on the open seas, travelling from one island to another, but when a ship is laying on an island (or shortly after when it trys to get away).
    The Problem I want to talk about, is the fakt, that the way PvP works in this game, prevents people from socializing and that, in my view, is realy bad for a multiplayer game.
    The way the game now works, everytime you spot another ship, you eather want to hunt it down and steal its treasure, or avoid it, because it maybe want to steal yours. If you try to talk to people, they eather flee when they see you, or answering by shooting canons at you. The few ancounters i had, where i could actualy talk with another crew where allways fun and i think its sad that those ancounters are so rarely, because everyone allways risking there ship when not instantly open fire ore running away.
    It even prefents crews from realy doing thinks together, because one crewmeber allways needs to be one the ship, looking for other ships, if you don't want to risk getting caught of guard.
    Obviously the simple solution for this, would be the existance of PvE servers, so Players who wan't PvP can have it, while those who don't are not forced to. But I'm not sure if the simple solution is the right one. Maybe the PvP just needs to be changed. Maybe there should be consequences for destroying other players ships, not only benefits? Maybe it should be harder to optain treausers from a sunken ship? Maybe a system like Fallout 76 has it could work? I only know that the way it is, is just not good.

Публикации
    Просмотры
    feedbackgeneral
  • @wali4914 Ahoy!

The team have semi-recently given their thoughts on the topic of PvPvE and discussed it in an official Podcast here.

There is also a thread for Custom servers here.

Sea of Thieves will always be a shared world adventure game, with elements of both PvP and PvE but Joe did speak about Custom Servers about a year ago. These servers will not offer Gold or progression IF they become available to the public. Private Servers are still being tested with our Partners.

Dropping anchor on this now.

Публикации
Просмотры
feedbackgeneral
1 из 2