Server Stability since Captaincy {Feedback}

• I can't be the only one to have noticed since Captaincy's release, but despite my Ping Counters remaining the same both during and outside of combat, I am experiencing a metric tonne more lag now than before. On my local servers I am getting about 50 ping, but the game is acting the same as when I had 150-200 pre-update. Trying to play on NA or EU servers was already hard (250~ and 300~ ping respectively) but now it's just downright impossible.

Views
    feedback
  • I'm experiencing this as well. I've never once had problems with lag in this game but now it's unbearable. I had to quit participating in any pvp because of how unfair the lag makes it, since it freezes me for around 5 seconds anytime another player shoots.

• @airplanexfood55

My crew and I think its due to the new trinkets that have to load in when near other ships. Cause the game has to mark what it is, all the 20+ of them or whatever ship it is, and the positions/state they are in..

So we notice slight freezing once in awhile. And that might be due to cannonball hitting the things and changing the states of them..

• @lord-spark-0 Come to think of it the freezing was only happening when fighting a Captained ship, so I think you're correct. Fighting a regular ship hasn't caused any lag for me yet.

• It is definitely more laggy.

• I concur!

• @neolux13

Xbox Series S.
    I have no idea what my ping is.
    Console peasant I am.
    Anywho

North America.
    Usually primetime now. 5pm-1am EDT.

I have not seen a difference in performance, a little more stable tbh. I pve and avoid other players. I don't stack loot and I pick up ammo and gold pouches.

• @pithyrumble In my experience the lag tends to only be during pvp, especially when both ships are shooting at close range. When doing pve the game seems to run fine.

• @neolux13 Yup alot more hitreg stuff, and stutters.

Views
feedback
8 out of 9